Working as Designed Fairies leading to player placed chests/already looted chests

L0ST5ILVER

Official Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
As the title suggests, fairies are leading to chests that have already been opened and/or looted by players, including chests that players have placed themselves:
1590337086667.png

A pixie just lead me to my own chest that I placed.

This is intended, I suggest you destroy looted chests to stop this from happening.

This is intended, I suggest you destroy looted chests to stop this from happening.
But it's doing it to chests that I place? That feature doesn't seem to make sense at all, if a player places a chest then fairies should not lead players to it. It's kind of a waste of time when you follow it only to figure out that it's your own chest that you placed that it was leading you to. :S

Again, just to clarify:
1590355842466.png

Another fairy lead me to this chest, which is literally one I just placed down myself. It's almost annoying, of course this only applies to chests underground but it's still distracting, and if you don't follow them to the chest they will just linger making noise, so either way it's going to annoy the player. I would really recommend looking into this and maybe adding a check for player-placed chests, that would negate this whole issue. Like I say, I don't see how this is "working as intended" as it is literally only an inconvenience, you basically can't place chests underground anymore without being bombarded every X amount of minutes.
Kind regards,

There is no mechanical difference between natural chests, looted chests, or player placed chests.

They are all the same tile in the game's code, there is no way to differentiate between them.

There is no mechanical difference between natural chests, looted chests, or player placed chests.

They are all the same tile in the game's code, there is no way to differentiate between them.
No, but you could add something that does, for instance, give all natural chests some sort of tag or value, then only allow fairies to spawn if the targeted chest has that value, and when you open the chest the value is reset or removed, meaning the fairies will no longer target that chest. Of course I've never seen the game's code, I don't know how relogic code the game, so this might not be possible, but surely there's something you could do. Another outrageous thing I could suggest is making a new type of chest that is identical to the regular chests in question, and have the fairies target those, then when you break the chest it will convert into a normal gold/water/etc. chest? I understand I'm probably heavily complicating this, but I cannot understand how annoying the fairies can be. Another absurd suggestion would be to stop them targeting chests after hardmode, that would solve half the issue I suppose.
I really hope I haven't come across as rude or anything, I'm just genuinely curious how relogic decided there was nothing they could do about this, that's all. Have a nice day =)
Kind regards,
-L0ST

Back
Top Bottom