Casual Favourite quote?

JoeReturns

Terrarian
What is your favourite quote and why?

It might be a quote from a game, famous quote, one you have heard, one you created or one you say a lot :p

Mine has to be "Patience is a virtue" because it is true.

Mine would probably be Susan B. Anthony's "Failure is impossible." I had to use it to write an impromptu speech and I fell in love with it.

Never heard of it, but that sounds cool :)

As far as I know, it's one that I created. I dabble in philosophy. ;w;

But if I had to name a well-known quote, I'd go with "Nothing to fear but fear itself." Always a classic, always relevant.

As far as I know, it's one that I created. I dabble in philosophy. ;w;

But if I had to name a well-known quote, I'd go with "Nothing to fear but fear itself." Always a classic, always relevant.
I saw that quote on a poster in my math class :)

I don't know what an impromptu speech is :p, but that quote is amazing :)
Basically we were given a quote and we had ten minutes to create a speech about it. I had no idea what to pick and this one just stood out to me.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die."
- Abdul Alhazred, Necronomicon

Mine would probably be one from Will Stamper "Hold on to your butts! LAND HO!" Makes me laugh every time (If you don't know who Will Stamper is, look him up hes awesome!)

"Our bodies are just a tool for our psyche to confirm our own existence." - from Serial Experiments Lain (an anime full of mindscrew.)

"Showing off is the best way of showing how." - I wrote that line as one of my fiction characters' motto, but I may have heard it somewhere before.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus." - Agent Smith, The Matrix.

"Wars never determine who's right. They only determine who's left." - Whoever said this one, was a very wise human being.

"Bazinga!" - Sheldon Cooper. :dryadcool:

I have two favorite quotes and go back and forth on which is my number one choice. I am paraphrasing both.

"For evil to succeed, good men need only do nothing."

"Scientists ask questions. Engineers build answers."

Leinfors said:
Meanwhile, in the world of Terraria we simply accept such logical discrepancies as natural and move-on *drinks some water to prevent drowning while building bubblegum out of legendary metal*. Its just everyday business!
avkm5t.jpg

Cansteam said:
"Looks like I brought the sheep in you,"
Percy Jackson said:
"The gerbil inside me wanted to run,"

My two are from people far smarter than all of us

"You guys need to stop judging eachother and learn to have fun"

"The moment you stop complaining, you stop caring"

From Terraria: "Let me guess, forgot to buy enough wire? Idiot" -The mechanic

From the World: "...but I'm so little, I can't do anything." -Hopeless child

Back
Top Bottom