NPCs & Enemies Fix the King Slime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantszaza 🌳

Living Tree
I was use all my gold to farm king slime trophy once and end up disappointed because he keep going underground and despawn.

You should make him spawn above ground 5 blocks to prevent this from happening. and...

reduce gold bar cost from 30 to 10
(or 15) because 30 is too expensive for consumable item.

Why not just stay on the edge of the world with a water candle and wait for him to spawn naturally? Its a heck of alot easier.

But yeah I think the recipe needs to be reduced or changed. Its not worth it currently. But maybe thats the point? You can either choose to wait for him to spawn naturally or sacrifice materials to summon him instantly?

King Slime is available in Pre Hard Mode, but only becomes useful in Hard Mode. Really, who is going to cough up that gold in Pre Hard Mode?

Crowns should be cheaper. I'm guessing changes like this to the King Slime are already planned, because I'm pretty sure that Royal Gel is going to be used for a pre-bee set of summoner gear.

It would be good if the rate of a King Slime spawning naturally greatly increased when the world enters hardmode, even better yet make it a normal enemy with a 1/80 chance to spawn anywhere on the surface near the 2/3rds of the edges of the map.

:eek: Didn't realize crowns took that much... I'd say 10 gold bars is fine. Support, because I love king slime but he is so hard to summon normally... Not self promoting my own thread here, but I made a thread yesterday about making the king slime's ninja set useful and lowering gel requirement in the slime crown (which I now realize was not issue at all) the way you went about it was much better.

Why not just stay on the edge of the world with a water candle and wait for him to spawn naturally? Its a heck of alot easier.

But yeah I think the recipe needs to be reduced or changed. Its not worth it currently. But maybe thats the point? You can either choose to wait for him to spawn naturally or sacrifice materials to summon him instantly?

Because waiting sucks.

But you have to just sit and wait... And the time you should be fighting him for the first time your not even close to the dungeon.

King Slime isn't in the progression line though so there isn't a time you "should" fight him at all. But whats wrong with sitting and waiting? People use autofarms all the time. Its the same thing.

He's really not though....Just go stand on the outer 1/3rd of the world in the effect of a water candle and he spawns pretty frequently.
I did that. I ended up spending hours waiting, and it took so long that I ran a server to play on and wait for him while I went to do something else. And after all that time, he didn't spawn at all! Not even once! Because of that I support this and other ideas like it 100%. (Also, if the king slime is spawned manually he should fall from above like the golem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom