Other Fix ultrawide resolutions

lnkd

Terrarian
It makes me really bitter to see it's 2022 and Re-Logic is still completely oblivious to the issues with ultrawide resolutions.

Just why won't you remove the zoom lock? For a non-competitive game, this is the most absurd arbitrary decision I've ever seen. I have an ultrawide monitor so I can see more of the games I play, NOT TO SEE LESS OF THEM. Locking the zoom reduces the vertical field of view! So playing on a 2560x1080 resolution is the same as playing on a 1920x1080, except YOU SEE LESS. For the sake of what? Not seeing enemies respawn in the field of view? I can't comprehend why someone would think that would be a good decision, and why re-logic is so stubborn with this issue.

For god sake, just let me f*cking zoom out further already.

Sorry for the rant.

I was just looking to see if I was the only one having this trouble. I'd been playing Clamity, over on tmodloader, having it set to 2560x1440. It's wonderful. Then decided to play regular Terraria and no matter what resolution I set it to it looks the same, except the smaller I set it the more black around the screen there is. It's a bummer tmodloader does it but not the main game, unless I'm just doing something wrong..

There's a mod called rtresolution for vanilla that fixes this. If you remove the zoom lock, enemies spawn on screen, that's probably why the locks are in place. It's mildly annoying but understandable.

Back
Top Bottom