Weapons & Equip Flasholotl, Lagoon, Homunculus, and Toast pets, a gift for my friends

Flasholotl

Retinazer
I whipped up some concept pixel art and had the idea that they could be obtained through the things we had the most trouble with on the playthrough we did live and we're going to do a second series of master mode at some point so it would be the perfect joke

Homunculus Gaming - Burning Kiln
pixil-frame-0 (39).png
Summons a faithful familiar
pixil-frame-0 (40).png
Crafted at a hellforge in the underworld with 10 clay, 10 sand, 10 ash, 5 vines, and a lesser healing potion
(Design based off of the D&D Homunculus)

Lagoon - Moss Engulfed Pickaxe
pixil-frame-0 (42).png
Summons a creature from the depths
pixil-frame-0 (41).png
Dropped with a 1/200 chance from Moss Hornets
(Design based off of a swamp monster)

Flasholotl (me) - Algae Covered Key
pixil-frame-0 (44).png
Summons a blue axolotl
pixil-frame-0 (43).png
Dropped with a 1/200 chance from Blue, Hell, and Rusty Armored Bones in the post-Plantera dungeon
(Design based off of me being a blue axolotl)

(2/13/24 4:23 PM EST update) I'm gonna put my inspirations/explanations here, mostly for my pet summon but I have some interesting facts I guess.
The reason why my pet summon item is a key is a reference to the Terraria playthrough that sparked this whole thread with my friends Lagoon and Homunculus Gaming, where I farmed to try and get a Morning Star from the post-Plantera dungeon and spent a half hour only to get 8 Keybrands before my beloved Morning Star, so I made it a key that drops from the same enemies with the same drop chance
I asked everyone yesterday before I posted the thread and I asked "what did you have the most trouble with on our playthrough so far" (because we haven't beat the game yet and can't until next week) and their responses were:

Lagoon: "I hated mining out the Plantera arena," the moss-covered pickaxe is dropped by Moss Hornets, I think you can see the inspiration.
Homunculus Gaming: "I hated going to Hell for the first time," and what is the first thing you do in Hell but not grab a Hellforge for your base

their designs would all be based off of each person's channel branding but Lagoon's has nothing to do with his name (for now, he might change it) and Homunculus hasn't even made his actual gaming channel yet and we're trying to figure out what a Homunculus is so I made Homunculus a D&D Homunculus and Lagoon a swamp monster blob (if these pets get added definitely change up the swamp blob to an actual swamp monster, I didn't have a reference, also my axolotl is wearing a gray hoodie, I just suck at pixel art lmao)

(2/14/24 3:01 PM EST update) I remembered that there's clay in the game so I changed the Burning Kiln's crafting recipe from
10 mud, 10 ash, 10 sand, 1 lesser healing potion
to
10 clay, 10 ash, 10 sand, 5 vines, 1 lesser healing potion
in order to better match the D&D monster manual's description of how to make a Homunculus

Last edited:
References to you friends profiles I. The form of Pet Summons? Cute. Not likely to happen unless y’all gain a lot of fame though. And considering that they are trying to finish updating the game, you’re on a time restriction.

References to you friends profiles I. The form of Pet Summons? Cute. Not likely to happen unless y’all gain a lot of fame though. And considering that they are trying to finish updating the game, you’re on a time restriction.
yeah I know lol, I just thought that something like that would be freaking awesome I don't think that these will be officially added though, I may have whipped those pixel art things up just to have a better chance but that won't change much

I think you should just make (or commission, if you don't feel artsy) a texture pack that changes existing pets into these ones. It's more personal that way, and much more certain to actually happen.
I'm not the greatest pixel artist, simply learning but it would be awesome if red saw this for example, saw the determination behind it and implemented it into the actual game, and the obtainment methods are really when these three pets reference the person because they are the thing each person had the most trouble with on our live playthrough, I asked everyone yesterday before I posted the thread and I asked "what did you have the most trouble with on our playthrough so far" (because we haven't beat the game yet and can't until next week) and their responses were:

Lagoon: "I hated mining out the Plantera arena," the moss-covered pickaxe is dropped by Moss Hornets, I think you can see the inspiration.
Homunculus Gaming: "I hated going to Hell for the first time," and what is the first thing you do in Hell but not grab a Hellforge for your base
and me personally, I spent an hour and a half, live, grinding for a Morning Star in the post-Plantera dungeon (which has a 1/200 drop chance according to the wiki) and got 8 Keybrands before finally getting a Morning Star (which has the same drop chance from the same enemies) so I suggested my pet drop from those same enemies with the same drop chance

When I thought of these I wanted it to push us to redo and get better at the things we had trouble with.
Though if any of us were to get the pets I designed it would be Homunculus and Lagoon, because theirs are like, a D&D familliar and a swamp monster, mine is like, my youtube branding, a blue axolotl with a gray hoodie, and I haven't even finished editing my youtube short that is the Morning Star grind clip so there's no way that I would get a literal pet representing my channel image.

that was a mild tangent but yeah I would either have to commission a modder or learn it myself to make it truly symbolic
It's such a what if anyways that I might just plan to either not do it or get somebody else to

Last edited:
I made the buff Icons :)

'its flashi gills shine brightly at you'
pixil-frame-0 (46).png

'the lagoon water pulls its leaves closer'
pixil-frame-0 (47).png

'it gives you the power of gaming through its shared mind'
pixil-frame-0 (48).png

Yeah I snuck a part of everyone's names in the buff descriptions :)
Flasholotl (me): "flashi gills"
Homunculus Gaming: "power of gaming"
Lagoon: "lagoon water"
I felt they needed it lol

Imagine like Red or another dev is just watching this thread and thinking "let him cook," that would be insane, next update I'mma go to a Hell Hellforge with the Homunculus pet crafting items whether they add it or not, just to reference this thread

Last edited:
I made a helpful compilation of all the previous information about the three pets for better viewing
I hope this helps so you aren't scrolling back & forth a bunch throughout this thread searching for information
Graphic.jpg

I revamped the pet items and the pets but I don't wanna remake the graphic so it's gonna have the old stuff

pixil-frame-0 (49).png new algae covered key
pixil-frame-0 (50).png new Axolotl

pixil-frame-0 (51).pngnew burning kiln
(Homunculus did not need changes)

(Moss Covered Pickaxe did not need changes)
Updated lagoon monster is an attachment I guess

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (53).png
    653.4 KB · Views: 21
I was gonna animate but I couldn't remember what the original size of my axolotl was, rip, if anybody could do the math and help me out I'd be appreciative

Ok, I know I SAID I wasn't gonna do this but since I revamped all those texture I felt like remaking the graphic with the new sprites so this reply to the thread will be one of the most definitive updates to the thread, I hope it stays active though and I would appreciate suggestions and support so this can get noticed, I appreciate those 300ish people who have already viewed and those 4 other people who have replied, (including one of the guys I'm literally trying to get a pet for lmao)
UpdatedGraphic.jpg

Text form of the graphic easily stating everything:

Algae Engulfed Key (my pet)
pixil-frame-0 (49).png "Summons a blue axolotl"
pixil-frame-0 (50).png
Axolotl
pixil-frame-0 (46).png "Its' flashi gills shine brightly at you"

(Based off of my signature blue axolotl)
Obtained with a 1/200 drop from Blue, Hell, and Rusty Armored Bones in the post-Plantera dungeon

Burning Kiln (Homunculus Gaming's pet)
pixil-frame-0 (51).png"Summons a faithful familiar"
pixil-frame-0 (54).png
Homunculus
pixil-frame-0 (48).png "It gives you the power of gaming with its' shared mind"

(Based off of a D&D Homunculus)
Crafted at a hellforge in the underworld with
-10 ash blocks
-10 sand blocks
-10 clay blocks
-5 vines
-1 lesser healing potion

Moss Covered Pickaxe (Lagoon's pet)
pixil-frame-0 (42).png"Summons a creature from the depths"
1708031227073.png
(Better photo is attached, I'm sorry I still can't put it in the right spot)
Lagoon Sludge
pixil-frame-0 (55).png "The lagoon water pulls its' leaves closer"

(based off of a swamp monster)
Dropped in the hardmode underground jungle with a 1/200 chance from Moss Hornets

I've worked a while on this and would be absolutely shocked if this actually got into the game, I'm very determined and have kept this up and made it better since the thread started on monday but it's three youtuber pets from three nobodys and we basically have no chance. Again I would appreciate suggestions for improvements, I still wanna animate so I need somebody to figure out the original sizes of the pets (cuz I forgor) and I appreciate any and all support, unless somebody replies with something this we be the last reply including improvements, thank you all so much, "I've been Flasholotl, and I will see you, in, the next one. buh-bye!"

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (53).png
    653.4 KB · Views: 12
Ok ok, now THIS is the final update I promise, I made Lagoon's summon an actual moss engulfed copper pickaxe
pixil-frame-0 (59).png
This completes the trilogy of preexisting sprites reskinned for the pet summons
The algae covered key is a golden key reskin
The burning kiln is a glass kiln reskin
And now the moss engulfed pickaxe is a copper pickaxe reskin
consistency is a w

Last edited:
did I mention I'm 13? anyways, I don't know when I'm gonna get back to work on the legendary mode playthrough, even with this much playtime and many more hours of playtime on ps4 and ps3

Screenshot 2024-03-10 133309.png

no amount of experience is gonna make this easy, my friends have wussed out but I'm gonna get them back on the grind, what good is getting a pet in a game you love if you can't prove that you're worthy you know?

I think I might make a couple of changes to this place,

1. I'm considering pulling up the fact that the Flasholotl pet could be a light pet

2. I might completely redesign the Lagoon pet, like, completely different concept, instead of a swamp monster I think I'll make a concept where it's an otter covered in algae

I mean if I don't get around to making the pixel art for the lagoon otter then Terraria devs should take some creative liberties but we all know I'll get to it in time so that there's a good reference incase something magical ends up happening and these dudes get added

Back
Top Bottom