Weapons & Equip Flying Dutchman Drops and Adjustments

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
personally I am quite disappointed in the execution of the Flying Dutchman. Its only unique drop is a trophy, and its AI is well... subpar to say the least (credit to @SzGamer227) So that's what this suggestion is about.

-First and foremost, the Flying Dutchman is in desperate need of a little boost to the brain smarts. I know it's a boat, but come on. let the poor thing pass through blocks.

-On the flip side, this might make the boss too difficult for those unlucky enough to get a pre mech pirate invasion, so with the addition of wall hacking, this thing will only spawn after all the mech bosses have been defeated.

Now for the feature presentation. The weapons. These stats will be balanced around chlorophyte tier to match up with the spawning condition.

Ahab
Ahab.png

-damage: 56 (ranged)
-use time: 18
-critrate: 4%
-use time: 16
-velocity: 13
-pierces 2 enemies
-upgrade to the harpoon

Neptune's trident
trident2.png

-damage: 47 (melee)
-use time: 24
-velocity: 4
-spear
-shoots a water bolt that does 100% of the weapon's damage. This bolt bounces 2 times before vanishing on the third block it makes contact with

Scylla
Scylla.png

-damage: 57 (magic)
-use time: 19
-velocity: 10
-mana usage: 3
-shoots out a single wiggly tendril made of water (similar to shadowflame hex doll projectiles) the weapon can be held down to constantly keep this tendril deployed, it can be flailed around you like a sword. (this weapon is essentially a magical broadsword that you have full reign over its swing arch. basically what the original aqua scepter should of been)

That's all folks. any thoughts on these weapons? There might be more to add to dutchman's loot table. But this is what I came up with for now.

Last edited:
Definitely support, I was REALLY disappointed when i first saw the dutchman. I mean, "Look! A giant flying pirate ship has come for us!" And then it drops literally nothing. just, poof, disappeared.

I was also disappointed by the flying dutchman, I thought that after I destroyed the cannons there would be more to the boss (like the martian saucer) but instead it just disappeared and dropped a cutlass...

Well, I can deny that I'm flattered, but I hope you realize that I made that comic with my own version of a solution in mind. Just a heads up, because when it does finally come out I don't want it to look like I'm stealing your thunder or anything. >_>

Well, I can deny that I'm flattered, but I hope you realize that I made that comic with my own version of a solution in mind. Just a heads up, because when it does finally come out I don't want it to look like I'm stealing your thunder or anything. >_>
that's fine. people generally don't give a :red: about anything I post anymore. this suggestion will probably die and be completely forgotten within like 3 days at the very, very best.

that's fine. people generally don't give a :red: about anything I post anymore. this suggestion will probably die and be completely forgotten within like 3 days at the very, very best.
I couldn't have been more spot on with this comment lol.

I have never fought the Flying Dutchman. But yes, it should be able to pass through blocks so it can't be cheesed as easily. Also, the drops look good. Support!

Oh... that reminds me... remember half a year ago when I said I was working on a similar suggestion?

Yeah... that finally got done a couple of months ago... so there's that...

*link*
that's great and all.. but why do you feel the need to put a link to it in my thread?

that's great and all.. but why do you feel the need to put a link to it in my thread?

Normally we are pretty strict about unsolicited advertising of suggestions/competing versions of suggestions in other threads. We have, and do, act on this unless there seems to be a contextually relevant reason for the mention.

In this case, however, and from the context of the thread history, it appears SzGamer felt your suggestion was somewhat inspired by the comic he made a long time back, and felt that his own response might have been relevant. I'm inclined to agree that it was at least tangentially related, and sharing with you due to the citing of his comic in the first place. Just my interpretation, really.

Back
Top Bottom