Forum Questions Thread

Is this a good idea and will you use it?

• Eh... not so good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...3-1-wiring-mechanics.43646/page-2#post-982621 explains how to make things random(inside the spoiler)
In a simple case where x=5 and y=50, place dart trap, 5 second timer and any logic gate with an on lamp, off lamp and a faulty lamp on top. Wire timer to faulty lamp, gate to the dart trap. Turn on the timer. If you have very precise and non-integer x and y requirements it can get somewhat more complex. Hope this helps.
P.S. Don't forget dart trap ~3.3 seconds cooldown time
Thanks! I'll check that out now!

I was setting up an announcement box to announce a message after a player teleports to a destination, "Welcome to Warp Zone!" for a teleporter station, but then I found out that the announcement is seen by everyone on the server. With them not knowing of the announcement box and after me playing God for a bit.. *ahem*
KUprTga.png
..well, how do I make an announcement box only announce a message to the player who triggered it?

Can someone confirm/point to somewhere where I got that 'actor' can only activate one(regular) pressure plate per tick? Or is that not actually a thing?

Can someone confirm/point to somewhere where I got that 'actor' can only activate one(regular) pressure plate per tick? Or is that not actually a thing?

Don't know the source but it definitely seems correct / always has:

Don't know the source but it definitely seems correct / always has:
GreenGlaringGazelle.gif
Thank you. I honestly didn't realize you could test this so simply. Did a similar test with two adjacent plates and falling on them and it seems that both plates get pressed and thus prevent further activation until released, but only one activates a wire. But then I tried to bring a npc and they activate the pressure plate just fine while I'm standing on it, so 'actors' remember which plates they have active and not plates staying pressed... But it does seem that you only activate wires from one pressure plate at the time, and that's all I wanted to know at the moment. Thanks

Thank you. I honestly didn't realize you could test this so simply. Did a similar test with two adjacent plates and falling on them and it seems that both plates get pressed and thus prevent further activation until released, but only one activates a wire. But then I tried to bring a npc and they activate the pressure plate just fine while I'm standing on it, so 'actors' remember which plates they have active and not plates staying pressed... But it does seem that you only activate wires from one pressure plate at the time, and that's all I wanted to know at the moment. Thanks

So I just found out that the weighted pressure plates don't play by the same rules. If you put three pressure plates on the ground and jump on them you're only able to activate one at a time. If you put three weighted pressure plates on the ground and jump on them, you can trigger all three. :confused:

So I just found out that the weighted pressure plates don't play by the same rules. If you put three pressure plates on the ground and jump on them you're only able to activate one at a time. If you put three weighted pressure plates on the ground and jump on them, you can trigger all three.

Test four and five plates with a mount?

ugh, now to spend hours formatting the Q's into the OP... Stupid BBCode
[doublepost=1465255836,1465252363][/doublepost]As soon As i'm finished updating I'll start a new thread for 1.3.1, @ZeroGravitas I'm thinking of porting the questions to the new thread (albeit a bit more organised), @inomanoms since you're so active on the thread is it alright if I add you to the team?

sorry to bother, i be looking for some documentation of mechmod commands, like the letters statues and other stuff

Back
Top Bottom