From the first night, to the last day.

Lorddirt

Terrarian
Disclaimer: I'm new here, and if i'm breaking any rules please just notify me. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Notes:
This is based on PC, and Mobile, CURRENTLY....
I will keep updating this post every day.

Tags used:
[PC], [CONSOLE] and [MOBILE] to describe which device is being used.
[EXPERT] to say that this post is about EXPERT mode.
[WARRIOR] [ARCHER] [MAGE] [SUMMONER] and [THROWING] to state that this section is only for a specific class.

Table Of Contents:

Chapter 1: First day. [PC] [MOBILE]
Chapter 2: Building your first house. [PC] [MOBILE]
Chapter 3: Exploration, the common ore upgrades. [PC]

Part 1: Your first day. [PC]

Hello there. If you are here, I'm sure you just want to learn how to play Terraria. There is no goal in terraria, as it is a sandbox type game. The first thing you need to do in Terraria when you make your world, is to cut a tree down. Use the A,D or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move. Instead of using UP arrow key or W key to jump, you use the SPACEBAR key to jump. Firstly, do you see 10 clear slots on the top left part of your screen? That is your hotbar, and you can press the number 1 - 0 on your keyboard to select the items. Once the item is selected, you can do an action. For now, select the 3rd slot, which contains your axe and tap the tree and hold until it breaks and you see 2 new items in your hotbar, Wood, and Acorns. Now select the wood and click anywhere on the ground to place the wood down. On the other hand, acorns can be placed also, and after a few minutes you will see a tree where the placed sapling was. It will get to twilight soon though. Unfortunately, there are monsters as you can see in this game, as you should already see. Some like those slimes that are attacking you, are very dangerous though. Select your sword and use the bottom-right keypad on your screen to attack. Nice! You killed the slime!

Path 1: Killing the slime. [PC] [EXPERT] [ARCHER]
If you have chosen a Expert world, good job on challenging yourself. If you want to kill that slime that keeps killing you and you are good with aiming, you should make a workbench with 10 wood. You can craft by pressing the ESCAPE key on your keyboard. After that, gather about 20 more pieces of wood and make a wooden bow. Once that is completed, switch to your pickaxe in slot 2 and find some surface stone and mine 5. Mine 5 dirt also. After that go to your workbench and craft 50 arrows. Switch to your bow, and click on your slime. If it comes near you, run away. After you ran away from the slime, go a little closer then attack again. Repeat until you kill it. This is called the "Hit and Run" strategy.

Part 1: Your first day. [MOBILE]
Hello there. If you are here, I'm sure you just want to learn how to play Terraria. Use the circular keypad on the bottom-left side to move around. There is no goal in terraria, as it is a sandbox type game. The first thing you need to do in Terraria when you make your world, is to cut a tree down. Firstly, do you see 10 clear slots on the top left part of your screen? That is your hotbar, and you can just press lightly on the 10 different slots to select the tool/items. Once the item is selected, you can do an action. For now, select the 3rd slot, which contains your axe and tap the tree and hold until it breaks and you see 2 new items in your hotbar, Wood, and Acorns. Now select the wood and press anywhere on the ground to place the wood. On the other hand, acorns can be placed also, and after a few minutes you will see a tree where the placed sapling was. It will get to twilight soon though. Unfortunately, there are monsters as you can see in this game, as you should already see. Some like those slimes that are attacking you, are very dangerous though. Select your sword and use the bottom-right keypad on your screen to attack. Nice! You killed the slime!

Part 2: Building your first house. [PC]
After you chop down some more trees, to get more wood, make a work bench and make some new items, a chair and an table. Crafting is easy. You just stand next to a workbench and press the ESCAPE key on your keyboard. You also need to make a door. After that, make a rectangle shape with the wood, like the image below, and place everything as below, and finally use the gel that you got from the slime you killed earlier to make 3 torches. Place one torch and your house is complete!:
Valid_House_Door.png

After a while your guide will move in your house! Yay! :sigh:

Part 2: Building your first house. [MOBILE]

After you chop down some more trees, to get more wood, make a work bench and make some new items, a chair and an table. Crafting is easy. You just stand next to a workbench and press the 11th slot, the one that contains the text "..." , and there are 5 sections. For now, stay on the first section, building blocks . You also need to make a door. After that, make a rectangle shape with the wood, like the image below, and place everything as below, and finally use the gel that you got from the slime you killed earlier to make 3 torches. Place one torch and your house is complete!:
Valid_House_Door.png

After a while your guide will move in your house! Yay! :sigh:

Part 3: Exploration, the common ore upgrades. [PC]
You are doing great! But your items do feel weak don't they? In this part, you will learn how to make better items by the process of mining. Switch back to slot number 2 your pickaxe, and you can break any blocks. But first, it is recommended to make some torches first to light up your mineshaft, and a lot of wooden platforms so you can jump in and out of your mineshaft. A wooden platform is made by using 1 wood. Now click on the blocks below you and you are now digging down. Every 3 blocks, you should place a wooden platform, and every 6 blocks you should place a torch. Once you dig down about 100 blocks, you should see some strange stone like blocks. Those are ores. You can mine them, and depending on what you found they could drop Lead/Iron/Platinum/Gold/Silver etc) Do you see a dark red or dark purple-black ore that you can't mine? That's Crimtane/Demonite ore. You won't be able to mine it currently, but however, once you progressed later into the game you will be able to get a better pickaxe to successfully mine it.
There are many pickaxes. Don't expect that you can mine everything yet.

PART 3 COMING SOON

Last edited:
Thank you. I tried to make this guide multi-platformed, and yea. I'm going to keep editing it every once in a while.

An overall nice guide. The only thing i'd change is the color of the yellow text. Yellow is impossible to read on a white screen unless you highlight it. Other than that, nice guide!

Oops, haven't edited for a long time, I'm going to create another chapter now.
Mobile tag is now dark green. Is there anything else to change?

Back
Top Bottom