Sprites Frostburn Boots - A Boot for most of your needs!

StargazerSammie

Empress of Light
I don't know if this idea has been done before but this one was thrown around by me and some friends and I set out to make the sprite and thread for it here.

So these are the Frostburn Boots. Their premise is simple, they're a combination accessory of two commonly used boots, the Frostspark Boots and the Lava Waders.

TerrariaFrostburn.png

• Frostburn Boots
  • Type - Accessory
  • Tooltip - 'Includes everything but the kitchen sink!' or 'Two boots in one!'
  • Sell - 7 gold
  • Crafted at Tinkerer's Workshop

Frostburn Boots offer you the abilities of both the Frostspark and Lava Waders. Which means they grant;

• - Limited Flight
  • - 8% Increased Movement Speed
  • - Extra Mobility on Ice
  • - Ability to walk on all liquids
  • - Immunity to Fire Blocks
  • - 7 Seconds of Lava Immunity

Their abilities would stack with whatever their parent pieces stacked with. So you could stack them with a lava charm for 14 seconds of Lava Immunity.

I personally, use both boots. The Lava Waders are some of my favorite things and Frostspark are always a go to item. But since I use both, it takes up two of the five inventory slots I have. In the end, I only have two slots to utilize because Wings take up a third. To have a way to combine these two items into one encompassing item would be amazing to me and if wings finally got their own Equipment slot, all my accessory troubles would be over. But thats for another thread entirely.

I don't understand why people keep calling these types of item "too powerful" its not like youre suggesting the true meowmere.
Probably because of all the things it can do with no drawbacks but there are so many accessories now that do similar. The Cellphone can be counted as one, being a combination of four accessories + mirror, and the Ankh Shield has always been one. Even the new update brought in a few 'everything but the sink' accessories.

The True Meowmere sounds silly and insane; perfect material for a Terraria Mod item :dryadgrin:

I don't know if this idea has been done before but this one was thrown around by me and some friends and I set out to make the sprite and thread for it here.

So these are the Frostburn Boots. Their premise is simple, they're a combination accessory of two commonly used boots, the Frostspark Boots and the Lava Waders.

View attachment 112315
  • Frostburn Boots
  • Type - Accessory
  • Tooltip - 'Includes everything but the kitchen sink!' or 'Two boots in one!'
  • Sell - 7 gold
  • Crafted at Tinkerer's Workshop

Frostburn Boots offer you the abilities of both the Frostspark and Lava Waders. Which means they grant;

• - Limited Flight
  • - 8% Increased Movement Speed
  • - Extra Mobility on Ice
  • - Ability to walk on all liquids
  • - Immunity to Fire Blocks
  • - 7 Seconds of Lava Immunity

Their abilities would stack with whatever their parent pieces stacked with. So you could stack them with a lava charm for 14 seconds of Lava Immunity.

I personally, use both boots. The Lava Waders are some of my favorite things and Frostspark are always a go to item. But since I use both, it takes up two of the five inventory slots I have. In the end, I only have two slots to utilize because Wings take up a third. To have a way to combine these two items into one encompassing item would be amazing to me and if wings finally got their own Equipment slot, all my accessory troubles would be over. But thats for another thread entirely.

I thought of this same idea, but I thought of them as being called Elemental Boots. I love this idea, and I had the same explanation as to why they aren't overpowered as ArmageddonCraft- the same deal happens with the ankh shield and the cellphone. I definitely support this suggestion! Also, the "kitchen sink" tooltip is better.

I thought of this same idea, but I thought of them as being called Elemental Boots. I love this idea, and I had the same explanation as to why they aren't overpowered as ArmageddonCraft- the same deal happens with the ankh shield and the cellphone. I definitely support this suggestion! Also, the "kitchen sink" tooltip is better.
Actually, the Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders could be the Frostburn Boots like you suggested. Combining those with the Flower Boots would get you the Elemental Boots, which would be worth 15 gold and have the tooltip "Unleash nature itself through the power of boots!" They'd be called Elemental Boots because they're a combination of ice (the ice skates), water (water walking boots), fire (lava charm), lightning (lightning boots), and earth (flower boots). Maybe the sprite would have swirling colors at the center- something kind of like souls' animations, but multicolored.

[doublepost=1465165037,1465164579][/doublepost]
...if wings finally got their own Equipment slot, all my accessory troubles would be over. But that's for another thread entirely.
In Otherworld, they plan on adding a specific wing slot.

do a lot of people even use frostspark boots once they have decent enough wings/mounts? I don't think it's too OP, especially since there's not a 100% chance you'll be able to get all the stuff you need for it in every world you make.

Yes i have to keep the frostspark bc the speed on land. Your not gonna speed every minute in the air. What abt when your underground running around you'll move to slow. Or in your house.

Love this idea. I use both as well, even if I have wings, because the boots not only make me super fast, but give me 50% more flight time for my wings. Also, I use lava waders... Well, because lava. I had this idea when I first got the lava waders and the frostspark boots. I was like "Wow! Do these combine together?" I looked it up and was supremely disappointed.

Honestly, this suggestion is overdone. However, I haven't seen one since 1.3 (There have probably been some though), and it added things so I wouldn't use the generic response of "This is overpowered, no support," to this. They should be nerfed a little, but I think this idea could work, so support.

Also that sprite is pretty awesome.

I could be Donald trump rich right now if I got a penny for every non-original thread, but hey what's wrong with getting some nice boots :p

Love this idea. I use both as well, even if I have wings, because the boots not only make me super fast, but give me 50% more flight time for my wings. Also, I use lava waders... Well, because lava. I had this idea when I first got the lava waders and the frostspark boots. I was like "Wow! Do these combine together?" I looked it up and was supremely disappointed.
What is that last throphy? Ocram o_O?

This is a great idea! Before I saw any ideas for the Frostburn Boots, I had my own idea to add the Frostburn Boots, combining the same accessories and giving the same stats.

This is a great idea! Before I saw any ideas for the Frostburn Boots, I had my own idea to add the Frostburn Boots, combining the same accessories and giving the same stats.
Well I use TModLoader, and I am trying to figure out how to code it into my very small mod that adds extra accessories.

Back
Top Bottom