Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:red: you and your update
doesn't even include 1.2.4.1 downgrade
:red:ing stupid

There's absolutely no reason to respond to a thread like this that doesn't have exactly what you need. This person has created what they want to create, and they do not need comments this, for any reason.

Game Launcher crashes before starting... the window flashes for an instant then disappears. Tried a fresh install of Terraria, no change.

I have a problem, hopefully someone can help. I'm able to launch GL from steam but then when go to launch the game from there I get a "System.DllNotFoundException:" blah blah blah error and nothing happens. Any way to fix this?

GL hasn't been updated for 1.3. Which is kind of a problem. This is why there are errors and such. @SyiSeiko @Zamorak3285

Actually, GL does work with 1.3. You can check the first post for yourself, but I can also verify I have been using it successfully with 1.3 for some time now. AFAIK the only feature that is currently unavailable are the downgrade patches.

Actually, GL does work with 1.3. You can check the first post for yourself, but I can also verify I have been using it successfully with 1.3 for some time now. AFAIK the only feature that is currently unavailable are the downgrade patches.
Really? Huh. I could've sworn it still wasn't patched for that... I'll be sure to download that then. I guess I didn't re-read the OP carefully enough. Thanks anyways, though.

Whenever I try to run a 1.2.4.1 version of Terraria, I get this:
f3394c2467f09c94c08b63c43a6de24a.png

It appears there's missing content files. Is there anyway to fix this?

Um So I need support ... the launcher is saying my build is invalid ... here is my directory

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe

I don't use the C:\ drive for games it causes performance impact overall. if it does not have alternate directory support please add it as soon as you can.

when i launch the game launcher and then add a terraria version when i clikc launch it dosent run. The only one that works is the original tyerraria backup

Can Someone help me? I tried to launch the older versions of Terraria and when they wouldn't launch, I tried checking off every single box at settings and when I tried it, It crashed my game launcher and it won't open again... Can someone help me?

LMBUeyf.png

v3.2.1.7 for Terraria 1.3+

Cd8UpzG.png

This application allows you to start multiple Terraria Mods through your Steam account.
No more you have to rename/move files just to change between mods and the original game.

Also allows you to Install the following Terraria versions (requires a Steam version):
(this feature doesn't work currently)
  • 1.1.2 (required for tConfig)
This feature works with Binary diff Patches and doesn't share any Game Files.

IaRToWt.png

gli3 Format (json File):
Code:
{
"appAuthor" : "Re-Logic",
"appName" : "Terraria",
"appPath" : "c:\test\testapp.exe",
"appVersion" : "1.0.0.0"
}

If you like my work feel free to donate to show your support :)
When will the Downgrade feature work again? Btw good work on this!

No, as it would be used for piracy, and while I understand that you have the GoG version, that has no DRM. So you may have purchased it legally, many have not.

I realize this is kind of old... but this is just silly. Again, it's not mod/tool creators job to protect the IP of game developers, mods/tools are created to be shared with the community. The Terraria devs decided that either DRM doesn't work or that gaining DRM free sales are more important, either way they have opted to sell the game without DRM. GOG users are legit users. If there are technical issues keeping a mod/tool from working with the GOG version then that is one thing, but Game Launcher was made compatible with GOG once before, and I assume it has been changed again based on these comments. I haven't used it in a while.

Steam might be the market leader right now, but GOG Galaxy (GOG's client) and the success of the Witcher 3 has nearly tripled their user base in less than a year. They are growing really fast, and many users have the GOG version. Being locked into Steam because of mods is silly, GOG offers a better value by not treating a customer as a potential thief as well most of the features Steam offers.

I've used mods/tools for years, mainly from the Nexus, and this locking mods to Steam and checking for legit copies I've only ever seen in this community. It's weird. Was this mandatory by the devs or something as a condition for supporting mods? Just wondering where this mind set started.

EDIT:

Seems it was the devs the started this mind set here...

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/player-created-game-enhancements-rules-guidelines.286

This shouldn't be a rule anymore seeing as the game is not sold only on Steam and a DRM free version exist, devs need to change this. Based on the date, this rule is outdated. Also not sure why the OP changed this then changed it back to being Steam only? Did OP get permission to bypass the steam check?

Last edited:
I see discussions avout the gog version here, but isn't the whole point of this tool to facilitate switching between steam versions of terraria mods? If you have the gog version, you don't even need this, since there already isn't a steam check. You can just run the mods directly and steam won't complain since it isn't even in the picture.

Am I missing something? Probably.

I have a problem, hopefully someone can help. I'm able to launch GL from steam but then when go to launch the game from there I get a "System.DllNotFoundException:" blah blah blah error and nothing happens. Any way to fix this?
Try posting the error for help...

Does the missing dll possibly have the name of "steam_api.dll"?

Whenever i try to downgrade to any older version, it doesn't install that version of terraria, but instead, a version of the game launcher. any ideas?

To anyone having issues with installing earlier versions of Terraria via GameLauncher: The current version does not support this feature. It will eventually support it again, but not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom