Other Game Games you'd like to see get remade

A little known game called Tetris Battle Gaiden. As far as I know it was only ever released in Japan for ðe Super Famicon but it's a fun little game. It has 10 characters, 8 of whom are playable, and a story mode where you pick one character and play competitive Tetris against every oðer character, each one using ðeir own special abilities. I don't know much about ðe story because I don't have an English translation but maybe it's good too. As for changes, I'd move ðe special ability button from D-pad up to X or Y and put a hard drop button on up. Players should eiðer be able to use ðe triggers to rotate pieces in addition to using A & B or be able to hold a piece using ðem. Maybe rotate wiþ L & R and hold wiþ ZL & ZR. Besides changes to ðe controls, some of ðe special abilities can be pretty powerful so maybe ðey should all have a cooldown. Translations to more languages would be nice too. I don't have any problems wiþ ðe multiplayer versus mode but some kind of multiplayer story mode could be interesting, wiþ ðe two players sharing a larger matrix against ðe non-player characters.

In no particular order, here's an incomplete list off the top of my head;

Halo: Reach
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Saints Row 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

For clarification, I do not want these games modified, simply remade on current day engines with modern graphics.

Tough question, as there are a lot of classics that are already remade in some way. Or feel still good enough to not warrant a remake.

But even then, a remake isn't always everything, as faithful as it can be, I rather don't want a 1:1 experience. Because that experience already made it's impact x years ago.
At best I prefer one that takes the old concept and improve on it. Not just with modern graphics or QoL, but also with gameplay, level design and story. Because I think levels and dialogue can also get outdated.

Another trend I see often is that remakes have more often handholding/easy mode than the originals, even though it'll be also be veterans revisiting too, an extra hardmode in compensation will be nice too.
Something like Metroid Zero Mission and Blaster Master Zero are great examples for this.

Although I do see charm in keeping the experience the same for games like Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.
Which kept the same game and story, but it's a huge improvement graphically from the Wii that it is now the recommended experience for play for newcomers. (Basically this is what Remasters are for)

But I've got one in mind now:
Chrono Trigger

This one definitely deserves better than a flawed mobile port and a PC port from that mobile port.

Last edited:
oh, i just remembered another game i'd love to see remastered/remade...

mercenaries: playground of destruction

i had SO much fun playing that way back in the ps2 era.

so much destruction! :dryadpassionate:

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones is one of my favorite games of all time. I would love a remake of the game. That’s my childhood right there.

If there will ever be a remake, there needs to be a higher difficulty. Or the remake just needs to be harder in general…

I just thought of one. It's out of nowhere, but, Midtown Madness.
It's a really really old game (before my time, like, pre-2000 time), but I always loved the free-play mode where you can just commit shenanigans and get an entire police force chasing you everywhere.

Super Mario Bros U deluxe -
Its graphics (especially the pipes) look like crap, the story/powers etc is exactly the same as New Super Mario Bros on the Wii, and the whole plot is kinda weird (especially with like toad giving you something randomly at the end of the level: does anyone know what that's about?). Finally, the names of the regions are dumb; Kirby was the game always known for naming everything after food, and doing it for Mario makes NO SENSE! Anyway, the whole game feels a a two year designed it, but gameplay is good, so that's about it.

Super Mario Bros U deluxe -
Its graphics (especially the pipes) look like crap, the story/powers etc is exactly the same as New Super Mario Bros on the Wii, and the whole plot is kinda weird (especially with like toad giving you something randomly at the end of the level: does anyone know what that's about?). Finally, the names of the regions are dumb; Kirby was the game always known for naming everything after food, and doing it for Mario makes NO SENSE! Anyway, the whole game feels a a two year designed it, but gameplay is good, so that's about it.
Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is a remake. But honestly it's a pretty uncalled for remake if I do say so myself. I highly encourage anyone looking for Mario 2D platformers on the Switch to buy Super Mario Maker 2 or Super Mario Bros. Wonder instead. Those games are much better (especially because Mario Maker 2 includes most of the NSMBU elements that matter anyway).
In my opinion they just should've remade New Super Mario Bros. or New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Anyway another game I thought of.
Even though it's a pretty recent game, Nintendoland needs a remake at some point so that the youth of today can experience it in all of its glory.
It's genuinely just that good and unique of a multiplayer game.
Problem is it was designed so specifically for the Wii U that I have no idea how this would ever be possible.

Quite a few games from when I was a kid could use PC ports or remakes. Two standouts for me could be both Blinx games (that franchise could even have a reboot as it had a lot of potential even if the second game was a mismash of underutilized features in what was two half-games stitched together).

I could also bring up the Crimson Skies PC game: not only could it easily be profitable since it's a cult classic, but it'd also enable some of the worse gameplay choices (such as needing keybinds for looking around in the cockpit and having to start missions all over if you die) to be fixed.

Another game I could propose is Yager, which was a XBOX sci-fi arcade flight sim made by the same studio that later made Spec Ops: the Line. The reason is that not only it had good graphics for being a XBOX game and fairly innovative gameplay but it's another game that could easily lend itself to spinoffs by virtue of it's setting giving enough space to do so fairly easily. Finally, it also fit a rare niche: a sci-fi arcade flight sim that's not set in space.

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, even though i never played it and it was never fully translated into english

it is the only game in the entire (very large) series that has fully branching paths with 5 different endings, and is also the most futuristic one, taking place in 2040. it probably wont happen, but at least ~3 of the musics can play Ace Combat 7's multiplayer mode
1713668969969.png

1713668961976.png

1713669023414.png

1713669039566.png

Back
Top Bottom