NPCs & Enemies Gastropod range decrease

The bulk of the problems with Gastropods is during the pre-Mech stage. So you don't have things like the Heat Ray or chloro bullets.

Stuff like the CAR works fine though, when you just spam it in the general direction they are in. Especially since a lot of people like having long strips of flatlands, the general area they are at isn't that hard to predict.

The bulk of the problems with Gastropods is during the pre-Mech stage. So you don't have things like the Heat Ray or chloro bullets.

Stuff like the CAR works fine though, when you just spam it in the general direction they are in. Especially since a lot of people like having long strips of flatlands, the general area they are at isn't that hard to predict.
To be honest, any ranger or mage weapon should work fine, just spam your projectiles in the direction the lasers are coming from until they stop.

No it will not. I know they don't have a lot of health but when there's more than one and they keep knocking you back

... So. Already in Hardmode. Have no knockback nullifying gear on.

I don't think the gastropods are the problem here. Even if you don't have any shield or wings, a hook will help you fight (and move) while avoiding knockback - I use a hook instead of wings and boots when fighting bosses.

Challenges are there to be surpassed, not removed from the game.

I don't think the gastropods are the problem here. Even if you don't have any shield or wings, a hook will help you fight (and move) while avoiding knockback - I use a hook instead of wings and boots when fighting bosses.

then use a cobalt/obsidian/ankh shield!
You shouldent have to use an accessory just to stop one enemy from annoying you.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427302825][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hooks are hard to use in consoles.And if you are on flat ground it makes it even harder

To be honest, any ranger or mage weapon should work fine, just spam your projectiles in the direction the lasers are coming from until they stop.
And melee? You face gastropods before you get the terra blade true excalibur or true nights edge so you cant use them. Flails or boomerangs could work but don't reach that far compared to mage and ranger weapons which forces you to go up close (well you have to if youre playing melee) but the knockback fire rate and groups of them on blood moons are just frustrating

And melee? You face gastropods before you get the terra blade true excalibur or true nights edge so you cant use them. Flails or boomerangs could work but don't reach that far compared to mage and ranger weapons which forces you to go up close (well you have to if youre playing melee) but the knockback fire rate and groups of them on blood moons are just frustrating
Beam sword is possible (though unlikely) and this will only be a problem if someone is doing a warrior playthrough. And then they should be expecting problems like this.

Shields are a usefull accessory against any and all enemies. Especially to avoid being knocked into lava, or maybe "juggled" between enemies.
Okay yes, but again what if you don't have a shield and its not just the knockback, as i said before the large groups are annoying and they do a nifty amount of damage to you.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427303799][/DOUBLEPOST]
Beam sword is possible (though unlikely) and this will only be a problem if someone is doing a warrior playthrough. And then they should be expecting problems like this.
Yes as you said, beam sword is rare to find. Ive never got one before and ive been playing terraria for a while, so lets just say you have bad RNG and don't get the beam sword. What then?

Okay yes, but again what if you don't have a shield and its not just the knockback, as i said before the large groups are annoying and they do a nifty amount of damage to you.
Dodge. Just dodge the lasers. If you don't have a shield, well then odds are you didn't explore your whole dungeon.

[DOUBLEPOST=1427303799][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes as you said, beam sword is rare to find. Ive never got one before and ive been playing terraria for a while, so lets just say you have bad RNG and don't get the beam sword. What then?
In early hard mode, flamarang and dark lance are great options.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427304003][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its hard to dodge them if there is a lot.
Go underground. Specifically not in the hallow. Explore the dungeon for the shield you may have missed.

Dark lance: fairly close range, hard to dodge laser if they shoot. Flamarange: as i said before you have to get fairly close to hit the enemies so it makes it hard to dodge then aswell.
Not really, they poke their head out before they shoot, so it's not hard to dodge.

In early hard mode, flamarang and dark lance are great options.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427304003][/DOUBLEPOST]
Go underground. Specifically not in the hallow. Explore the dungeon for the shield you may have missed.
I know, I have the shield but I havent really seen a big amount of people using it lately, reason being it only gives immunity to knockback and nothing else unless you have the obsidian shield which yes does give immunity to fire blocks but there isnt many in hardmode. Okay the Anhk shield is amazing with its bonuses but im talking about early hardmode here.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427304269][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really, they poke their head out before they shoot, so it's not hard to dodge.
Still is hard when there in groups and they shoot on top of you aswell.

I know, I have the shield but I havent really seen a big amount of people using it lately, reason being it only gives immunity to knockback and nothing else unless you have the obsidian shield which yes does give immunity to fire blocks but there isnt many in hardmode. Okay the Anhk shield is amazing with its bonuses but im talking about early hardmode here.
I always use the shield, and have the obsidian shield well before hard mode.

There's really only groups during blood moons, and should we really want an enemy to be nerfed just because of an uncommon event?

You shouldent have to use an accessory just to stop one enemy from annoying you.

You shouldn't complain about your choice to not use something that's already in the game and that solves about eighty percent of your issues with the mob you're having problems with.

Seriously though, what are accessories for if not to solve problems you may have with things in the game? Let's have mobs spontaneously combust, too. After all, you shouldn't have to use a weapon to stop an enemy from annoying you.

You shouldn't complain about your choice to not use something that's already in the game and that solves about eighty percent of your issues with the mob you're having problems with.

Seriously though, what are accessories for if not to solve problems you may have with things in the game? Let's have mobs spontaneously combust, too. After all, you shouldn't have to use a weapon to stop an enemy from annoying you.
Don't be smart. Im just saying, and i also said a ACCURACY decrease instead at the start if not a range decrease.

Back
Top Bottom