NPCs & Enemies Gastropod range decrease

Rasta Ros

Eye of Cthulhu
Hello. Rasta Ros here again giving another suggestion. This time about gastropods as I seen they were the one of the most hated enemies in the game. So I've been playing terraria for a long time now and gastropods have been a nuisance, well there Range in anyway. I do be going around my world and then a gastropod spawns gets aggro'd to me and I go up to my sky platform and they STILL attack me. Its really annoying! When they are off screen they still attack me. All I ask for is for the gastropods to only attack IF they are in your sight or give them an ACCURACY decrease meaning that they are less likely to hit you and less likely to be a pain.No one likes being sniped by a gastropod when your in the sky....

Last edited:
Oh come on. They're squishy little things. You usually hear the shot before you see it. Plenty of time to move from where you were. I think changing this will make them too weak.
No it will not. I know they don't have a lot of health but when there's more than one and they keep knocking you back its just annoying and I hate them shooting you when there not even on the screen

:red:. YES. Back in the original Console release, my tower of NPCs was in the Hallow. A Blood Moon came, and I think that's why I like the Corruption more.
Yes, exactly. On blood moons they are really frustrating with their constant shooting and knockback on you.

This is why I build in the forest. Got nothing against the Hallow, but on bloodmoons it becomes unbearable. Ever seen a swarm of gastropods during a bloodmoon before?
Yes, as I said up there ^ its very frustrating. And the hallow spawned right beside my house so I was like FINE ill leave it.

I live in the hallow on pretty much all my hardmode worlds, and Gastropods are something I got used to after some time. If you know how to avoid Golem's lasers, you know how avoid a Gastropod's lasers, and vice versa, or at least that's how it works with me. They've got a pretty similar laser velocity. The only way you can complain about Gastropods is when you're in an enclosed space, and even then, they become easier to hit. I see no point in this personally, but I'd love to see people stop complaining about Gastropods. For that reason alone, I support this.

I support in the hopes that this will eventually reach other platforms. I HATE fighting a bunch of things on screen and then having the track down the one stupid gastropod shooting me from somewhere off-screen, especially as they spawn fairly often.

Just glad they don't have pixie spawn rates on mobile.

I live in the hallow on pretty much all my hardmode worlds, and Gastropods are something I got used to after some time. If you know how to avoid Golem's lasers, you know how avoid a Gastropod's lasers, and vice versa, or at least that's how it works with me. They've got a pretty similar laser velocity. The only way you can complain about Gastropods is when you're in an enclosed space, and even then, they become easier to hit. I see no point in this personally, but I'd love to see people stop complaining about Gastropods. For that reason alone, I support this.
The thing is, you shouldn't have to be dodging a simple enemy's attacks like a bosses ones.
It's something that shouldn't happen.
That, and they come in swarms (or at least they always do for me). So, dodging never really happens.

If they're sniping you from where you can't see, have you tried breaking their sight to you by placing obstacles in the way?

If they're shooting you and you can see them, why aren't you killing them?

If they're sniping you from where you can't see, have you tried breaking their sight to you by placing obstacles in the way?

If they're shooting you and you can see them, why aren't you killing them?
Well said good sir, well said. Things like the heat ray, chlorophyte bullets, and maybe the flairon should work week for dealing with off screen gastropods.

Back
Top Bottom