GEAR FOR WALL OF FLESH?

Mark

Eye of Cthulhu
i think im ready to enter hardmode. but i don't know what gear to use. i prefer ranged but if you have a better idea can you tell me?

I recently beat it by using Water Bolt and Laser Gun with meteorite set and Mana Power, Mana Regeneration, Ironskin, and Damage Resistance potions. All you do is just shoot the waterbolts straight up and they'll bounce up and down off the ceiling and floor and do a lot of damage to WoF. Also don't forget to build a landbridge.

I would recommend a star cannon, yeah, ranged/magician would be best. It is very difficult to beat WoF with pre-hardmode melee equipment. I think you should get a laser gun with meteorite armour, to use after your stars run out.

No, stay with ranged of you like it. Anyone here can unanimously support that the Phoenix Blaster hands down, will maul the Wall of Flesh. Using Meteor Shot will hit both the Hungry and the Wall.

Make sure you have either Shadow / Crimson armor or Molten Armor before you enter HM.

No, stay with ranged of you like it. Anyone here can unanimously support that the Phoenix Blaster hands down, will maul the Wall of Flesh. Using Meteor Shot will hit both the Hungry and the Wall.

Make sure you have either Shadow / Crimson armor or Molten Armor before you enter HM.
Wouldn't Necro be best for ranging wall?

I would recommend a star cannon, yeah, ranged/magician would be best. It is very difficult to beat WoF with pre-hardmode melee equipment. I think you should get a laser gun with meteorite armour, to use after your stars run out.
Definitely this, I also recommend getting Specter boots, regeneration band, and a mana flower (if your using the laser gun/water bolt) that are all reforged to warding. I would also recommend bringing at least a fiery greatsword so that if the leeches/hungry get too close you can easily ward them off, however don't use it as your main method of attacking.

Wouldn't Necro be best for ranging wall?

Maybe, but risking damage from the Wall or a random demon seems a bit dangerous don't you suppose?

Necro isn't going to help much either if you take a hit from HM enemies early on.

yeah that sounds good. thanks :D

Get Molten Armor and a Minishark with around 1000 bullets. A pheonix Blaster is good too. Get Star Cannon IYW, but you'll need quite a few stars. A space gun and Molten Fury is cool too. Lastly, make a hellbridge.

Get Molten Armor and a Minishark with around 1000 bullets. A pheonix Blaster is good too. Get Star Cannon IYW, but you'll need quite a few stars. A space gun and Molten Fury is cool too. Lastly, make a hellbridge.

thank you, i do not have mini shark yet but i have a platinum coin so i can buy one

I ussually use a minishark. Get enchant it if it isn't allready and use meteor shots for ammo.
As for armor it's depend on how well do you dodge? Molten armor is the safest if you are not good at dodging. Get stoneskin, regeneration potions, food etc.
A heavy hitting magic weapon like Deamon scyth could be helpfull as you can switch to it once in a while. You won't have much chance to melle the WoF itself, but a good melle weapon can be helpfull when it's minions charge at you.

The Number one most important thing tough is building a long hell bridge. If your hellbridge is too short you will lose the fight as the tarrain in the underworld will make staying on the move very challenging.

I normally use this set:

Jungle armor/Waterbolt/Waterwalking potion/Ironskin potion/Manaregen potion/Magic damage potion

If you shoot the waterballs up/slightly forward they keep bouncing and do multiple times damage.
Thanks to the waterwalking potion and rocketboots you don't have to build those 500+ dirt block bridges.
I love crafting potions and these help out a lot.

i just finished the hellavater. gonna wait for the water to evaporate. (its basically flooded right now)

If you're gonna kill him to unlock hardmode Crimson armor is a good choice, also you can make the molten armor,he has a good defense and a nice bonus for swords( i think 17 demage),but if you are not build a platform you will need wings or a double jump,he is not 2 hard but you have to have some spare potions for recover your life if you can find iron skin potion you can use them as well

I cant beat him yet but i have similar gear and i use basically any good weapon I find. I use molten armour, fiery greatsword, (it broken :( ), demon scythe, minishark because who wouldn't, nades, starfury, slimestaff which kinda useless, and that pretty much it. Yeah its alot

Back
Top Bottom