Biomes & Nature General Ocean Expansion

A thread by @Charon made me start thinking: why is the ocean so... so lame? Aren't oceans these huge, diverse ecosystems? And why are there no real fish in the FRICKEN OCEAN?!?!?

Well, here is my way of fixing it. Posting a thread that will most likely never even end up in the game:p (by the way I will be puttin in an easier way to read this at the bottom)

First off: Bigger oceans. For these to work, we need bigger oceans. Two ways for this are to 1. make worlds bigger, or 2. make the ocean go much farther inland, like up to 500 blocks, at the max. (this would probably be it)
Next:
Abandoned Island
A new biome that spawns near the end of the ocean, on the surface. Only one will spawn per world. It has an abandoned camp in the middle, with a run down shack with ambient objects scattered around, as well as an unlit campfire in the very middle of camp and a small spring running into the ocean. A chest in the shack has some nice items in it, including a new ocean-themed item. One new decorative item the island would have is the Coconut Man. I bet you know what I'm thinking of.:happy: The angler would also be found here, instead of just kind of floating around.

Please post some suggestions in the comments for new enemies, as well as any other things like blocks and such.

Third:
More Ocean Stuff (this will be a list for reasons)
Enemies
Check out the enemies spoiler at the bottom.

(I am not putting in stats because I cannot balance at all. Don't even fully know how defense works, and I have researched for AT LEAST 3 hours)

Forth:
Ocean Trench

This super-deep trench would be a lot like @Charon's Ocean Depths idea, which I highly recommend you check out, but in the Trench, almost no light is allowed. However, it will keep the Depthstone idea to keep players from draining it, at least for awhile. In a random spot, a Shipwreck will be spawned at world gen. This sunken ship would have a chest inside, which would contain a special item. Another structure would be the Ruined City, a mass of Ancient Stone blocks, Ruined Stone blocks, and Atlantean Stone, three new blocks that make up this city. A once-great city, it would have it's own boss as well as special Ocean-Trench themed items. It would also have a large dome made of Atlantean Glass, which acts almost just like Bubble blocks, or some other form of it surrounding the whole thing, to keep water out. An entrance would spawn at the bottom on one side.
The Trench would have a bunch of strange-looking and disturbing enemies, to go along with the theme of being at the bottom of the ocean. Here is a current list of them (sorry only some stats, I honestly have like no idea at ALL how to balance them):

Actually these are going in the enemies spoiler at the bottom. Check it out!

Fifth:
Aquatic Armor

Gives defense close to Adamantite/Titanium armor, as the Trench's enemies are pretty powerful. But i have no idea about what else it should be like. Crafted with Shark Teeth, Pearls, Coralstone, which now spawns naturally in the Ocean and is not rewarded from the Angler, a Mermaid's Necklace, a Seashell Hairpin and a Mermaid Tail.

Aquatic Helmet: 30 Coralstone, 10 Shark Teeth, 5 Pearls and a Seashell Hairpin.
Gives 13 defense and you move normal speed in liquids, except for honey, where you move as fast as in water normally.

Aquatic Breastplate: 50 Coralstone, 18 Shark Teeth, 7 Pearls, and a Mermaid's Necklace.
Gives 16 defense and you glow when submerged in liquid.

Aquatic Tail: 40 Coralstone, 14 Shark Teeth, 6 Pearls and a Mermaid Tail.
Gives 15 defense and you can swim in liquids (like the Neptune's Shell Merfolk can swim).

Set bonus: Most Ocean and Trench enemies become friendly and you can breathe underwater.

Last (finally):
The Ruined City
Covered in crumbling buildings, this city is enclosed with strange looking glass engraved with strange symbols that make no sense...
The Ruined City would be covered in a random pattern of buildings in different stages of disrepair, all except for one, right in the center. This building has a glowing golden roof and an altar inside. The altar looks like a giant shark, as well as a giant squid, swimming around a turtle. If you place a Water Bucket in the altar, it spawns the boss.
This is an idea for a boss that I have (almost) never seen before. I have seen ones like it but never really liked them. You spawn them by using an Atlantean Pearl (crafted with 10 pearls and 30 Atlantean Stone) at the altar in The Ruined City.
So, here is my boss:
The Guardians of Atlantis
This boss comes in three parts. There is a Giant Squid, Megalodon, and a Giant Tortoise. Names TBD.

Now, first off, the bosses all spawn together, but the Megalodon and the Giant Tortoise are invincible and hang out off screen when you spawn the boss. The Giant Squid is the first part. (don't have time now, will make later)
Normal Ocean
Alright... here I go, tying to balance these...
Goblin Shark
25 Health
10 Damage
5 Defense
The smallest shark in the world. For comedy reasons, would drop the Goblin Battle Standard (1% chance) and Shark Teeth (1-7, 100% chance)

Whale Shark
600 Health
50 Damage
32 Defense
A very big, rarer than usual shark. It spawns more often in the Trench. When it gets close to you, it will initiate a sucking attack that, you guessed it, sucks you to its mouth. If you get trapped inside of it's mouth, you take damage equal to the rate of 'Electrified' but only for three seconds. It drops Shark Teeth (1-7, 100% chance) and the Vacuum Cleaner (10% chance).

Tiger Shark
250 Health
30 Damage
15 Defense
A medium sized shark. It has a dash attack similar to the Expert EoC. It drops Stripes (5% chance) and Shark Teeth (1-7, 100% chance).

Tiger Fish
200 Health
25 Damage
20 Defense
Look up a picture. I guarantee you will be scared.

Pufferfish
Health:200
Damage: Touch 10, Puff 40
Knockback resist: -20% (it's a balloon right?)
Defense: 0

It looks a dark red and black color, about the size of a goldfish when not Aggroed.
When blown up it will be 3x3 in size.

A.I: it will stay completely passive until you hit it. When you do it will charge to where you are and expand to 3x3 size doing 'puff' damage. Upon attacking you once it will stay passive unless you attack again.

Most fish have 10 health, 5 damage, and 7 defense unless otherwise stated. They spawn in big schools to try to overwhelm you.

Fish: Clown Fish, Angel Fish, any others you guys want to suggest
Anemone
Sea Cucumber
Clam/Oyster: drops Pearls, used in crafting Aquatic Armor

Trench
Big Gulper
Health: 100
Damage: 50
Defense:10
Knockback resist: 10% when swimming to attack. Takes no knockback in charge.

Appearance will be very dark when swimming. When it charges it will give off blue light from certain blue spots that appear on it.

A.I: Upon aggro the fish will swim near the the left and right of the players screen and will try to avoid them when not attacking. Will charge like a moss hornet to the other side of the screen in a straight horizontal line every 5 seconds if it is at the players level.

Lantern Fish
Health: 150
Damage: above half health 20, below half health 40.
Defense: 15
Knock Back resist: 15%

Will look like a real life angler fish. Will be I bit difficult to see normally. When it disguises it will look almost completely invisible except for the light thing.

A.I. Will try and attack you like a piranha until you get it to half health then it will quickly swim away. At half health it will try to stay close to enemies that are Aggroed on you. Upon coins appearing it will go invisible except for its lantern thing, the lantern will look like a silver coin that seems to have dropped from the mob. The 'coin' will give off a brighter glow then normal. Once you get 5 blocks from the angler it will start attacking like a piranha again until it dies. Drops Look-Alike Coin (5% chance).

Yeti Crab: Big, fuzzy, white crab. Should have, lets say, 200 life. Drops Yeti Fur, a crafting material. Tooltip: But wait... this isn't REAL yeti fur, is it?
Shark Teeth: Crafting material. Makes Shark Tooth Necklace with 1 rope and 10 Shark Teeth.
Tooltip: Don't touch the pointy end.

Look-a-like Coin
Type: Accessory
Tooltip: I could have sworn it was real. 10% chance to pay for half the cost of items less than 11 gold in price.
Rarity: Green
Sell: 2 gold

Yeti Fur: Crafting material. Makes Yeti Vanity outfit.

Mermaid's Necklace
Crafted with a Mermaid Adornment and a Jellyfish Necklace at a Tinkerer's Workshop.
Makes you glow in water and Merfolk-type enemies become friendly.

New Blocks:
Ruined Stone: Stone blocks the look all crumbly and have half-faded patterns on them.

Atlantean Stone: Dark blue blocks with strange symbols on them.
Atlantean Glass: A very special block. Liquids cannot pass through it, but if you make a shape that is enclosed on all sides with this, it is filled with Ghost-Water. Ghost-Water is the same thing as normal water, but you don't have the drowning effect will in side of it.
Not bad for my second thread, eh? I swear it took like an hour of just thinking and typing. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, including spriting, suggestions for this, balancing, and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading this really long thread, and hooray for this thing I did![/SPOILER]

Last edited:
A thread by @Charon made me start thinking: why is the ocean so... so lame? Aren't oceans these huge, diverse ecosystems? And why are there no real fish in the FRICKEN OCEAN?!?!?

Well, here is my way of fixing it. Posting a thread that will most likely never even end up in the game:p

First off: Bigger oceans. For these to work, we need bigger oceans. Two ways for this are to 1. make worlds bigger, or 2. make the ocean go much farther inland.
Next:
Abandoned Island
A new biome that spawns near the end of the ocean, on the surface. Only one will spawn per world. It has an abandoned camp in the middle, with a run down shack with ambient objects scattered around, as well as an unlit campfire in the very middle of camp and a small spring running into the ocean. A chest in the shack has some nice items in it, including a new weapon. One new decorative item the island would have is the Coconut Man. I bet you know what I'm thinking of.:happy:

Please post some suggestions in the comments for new enemies, as well as any other things like blocks and such.

Third:
Enemies
More Sharks: Goblin Shark, Orca, Whale Shark, Tiger Shark, Nurse Shark: all now drop Shark Teeth, a Crating material and vanity accessory
Fish: Clown Fish, Angel Fish, Tiger Fish, any others you guys want to suggest
Anemone
Sea Cucumber

Forth:
Ocean Trench

This super-deep trench would be a lot like @Charon's Ocean Depths idea, but in the Trench, almost no light is allowed. However, it will keep the Depthstone idea to keep players from draining it, at least for awhile. In a random spot, a Shipwreck will be spawned at world gen. This sunken ship would have a chest inside, which would contain a special item. Another structure would be the Ruined City, a mass of Ancient Stone blocks and Atlantean Stone, two new blocks for this structure and others (at least, Ruined Stone for other). A once-great city, it would have it's own boss as well as special Ocean-Trench themed items (I will make another thread about that later).
The Trench would have a bunch of strange-looking and disturbing enemies, to go along with the theme of being at the bottom of the ocean. Here is a current list of them (sorry no stats, I honestly have like no idea at ALL how to balance them):

Lantern Fish: i know there is already an angler fish, but really, not having this would be a crime.
My brain just died. I can't think of anymore, please post in comments any ideas!

Last (finally):
Aquatic Armor

Gives defense close to orichalcum/mithril armor, as the Trench's enemies are pretty powerful, and the ability to breath under water. But i have no idea about what else it should be like. Crafted with Shark Teeth, Pearls, and Coralstone, which now spawns naturally in the Ocean.
Set bonus: Allows underwater breathing, and some Ocean and Trench enemies become friendly.

Not bad for my second thread, eh? I swear it took like an hour of just thinking and typing. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, including spriting, suggestions for this, balancing, and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading this really long thread, and hooray for this thing I did!

Ok I like this idea I have a few questions though. Is the city in something mabye like a Air proof bubble, I wouldn't want to fight a boss while drowning.

Can Remove the number of sharks. It seems overkill maybe not 7 sharks. :/

Ok now with that response here are some trench mob ideas. (YAY)

Big Gulpper

Appearance will look very dark when swimming along almost invisible. When it charges it will make some blue light emitting from certain blue spots that appear on it.

A.I: upon aggro the fish will swim near the the left and right of the players screen and will try to avoid them when not attacking. Will charge like a moss hornet to the other side of the screen in a straight horizontal line every 5 seconds if it is at the players level.

Pufferfish

It looks a dark red and black color, about the size of a goldfish when not Aggroed.

A.I: it will stay completely passive until you hit it. When you do it will charge to where you are and expand to 3x3 size doing 'puff' damage. Upon attacking you once it will stay passive unless you attack again.

Lantern Fish ideas:

Will look like a real life angler fish. Will be I bit difficult to see normally. When it disguises it will look almost completely invisible except for the light thing.

A.I. Will try and attack you like a piranha until you get it to half health then it will quickly swim away. At half health it will try to stay close to enemies that are Aggroed on you. Upon coins appearing it will go invisible except for its lantern thing, the lantern will look like a silver coin that seems to have dropped from the mob. The 'coin' will give off a brighter glow then normal. Once you get 5 blocks from the angler it will start attacking like a pirhana again until it dies.

Whew that's it so tell me which ones or if any are good suggestions! Feel free to modify any of these ideas I have on this reply if you like them and think they need to be different.

Edit: Also awesome job for a second thread, very well made and good use of the forum's features!

Ok I like this idea I have a few questions though. Is the city in something mabye like a Air proof bubble, I wouldn't want to fight a boss while drowning.

Can Remove the number of sharks. It seems overkill maybe not 7 sharks. :/

Ok now with that response here are some trench mob ideas. (YAY)

Big Gulpper

Appearance will look very dark when swimming along almost invisible. When it charges it will make some blue light emitting from certain blue spots that appear on it.

A.I: upon aggro the fish will swim near the the left and right of the players screen and will try to avoid them when not attacking. Will charge like a moss hornet to the other side of the screen in a straight horizontal line every 5 seconds if it is at the players level.

Pufferfish

Lantern Fish ideas:

A.I. Will try and attack you like a piranha until you get it to half health then it will quickly swim away. At half health it will try to stay close to enemies that are Aggroed on you. Upon coins appearing it will go invisible except for its lantern thing, the lantern will look like a silver coin that seems to have dropped from the mob. The 'coin' will give off a brighter glow then normal. Once you get 5 blocks from the angler it will start attacking like a pirhana again until it dies.
Thanks a lot, I had trouble coming up with ideas. I will integrate these into the thread.
Also, ya, it would be hard to fight while drowning:p

How do you get to the bottom of the trench? I was thinking about a submarine mount. Also, what if there was buried treasure in the abandoned island, which is full of gold.
Also, you should have a giant squid added, which is a hard mode enemy.

A nice Ocean Biome would be great. Have like an Underwater City even. The ocean is just so, bare and not much there.

A nice Ocean Biome would be great. Have like an Underwater City even. The ocean is just so, bare and not much there.

I know, something like this would help the immersion a lot. I'm currently doing a fishing play through (thanks 1.3!) and the ocean gets really bland quick if you live by it... in a small world the ocean is only around 100-200 blocks long. Having it expand about another 300 blocks in a small world would help it seem a lot more immersive. Imagine running to the ocean to grab loot from the bottom and then slowly it starts to get darker... Boom a ravine is right in front of you. It would also change the ocean from the occasional fishing spot, and the place to fight Duke Fishron to a dark underwater area surrounded by enemies charging you trying to kill you while you struggle to see... Eventually running upon a bright abandoned city. Imagine the excitement a new player would have! That's what I think this could add. Pretty exciting

That's a pretty good idea for sure, really paints a picture. Something, other than just the water. However, I am going to work on digging under the ocean, see what lays beneath it :)

But definitely the ocean seems too small, and it's only water. Nothing special about it at all. Just a place to fish. Should even be a little mini island in the center for players to fish off of :O

That's a pretty good idea for sure, really paints a picture. Something, other than just the water. However, I am going to work on digging under the ocean, see what lays beneath it :)

But definitely the ocean seems too small, and it's only water. Nothing special about it at all. Just a place to fish. Should even be a little mini island in the center for players to fish off of :O

That's sort of what I was imagining. How cool it would look. Almost like the sudden change in atmosphere that the Moon Lord gives where everything around you changes completely. It would also give a better use for the Jellyfish Neckless and its upgrades.

Having a little island to fish off of would be awesome! Imagine if that's where the Angler spawned. It would be pretty cool to see the angler stranded there. The island could possibly contain a chest with some random fishing accessory to help against the RNG of getting the fishing equipment for the cellphone.

The Angler should originally be found on the Island in the Ocean :D Great idea. Then you could make a mini ocean biome closer to your village for the anglers spot ;)

About the Moon Lord, oh boy. I haven't defeated any Hardmode bosses yet, just finally got there. So still not fully experienced in the game, ocean section can definitely use some work. Spend almost no time there at all except for fishing.

The Angler should originally be found on the Island in the Ocean :D Great idea. Then you could make a mini ocean biome closer to your village for the anglers spot ;)

About the Moon Lord, oh boy. I haven't defeated any Hardmode bosses yet, just finally got there. So still not fully experienced in the game, ocean section can definitely use some work. Spend almost no time there at all except for fishing.

I dont even use the ocean exept for pirate maps, :p. Hope they add some cool stuff

That's sort of what I was imagining. How cool it would look. Almost like the sudden change in atmosphere that the Moon Lord gives where everything around you changes completely. It would also give a better use for the Jellyfish Neckless and its upgrades.

Having a little island to fish off of would be awesome! Imagine if that's where the Angler spawned. It would be pretty cool to see the angler stranded there. The island could possibly contain a chest with some random fishing accessory to help against the RNG of getting the fishing equipment for the cellphone.

^^^ a example of the cool stuff that needs adding :p

Okay, I know I might be suggesting a bit much, but here are some cool things I think can be added

Air Bouy
Type:Consumable (maybe accesory)
Tooltip: (can't think of one now :/ may edit on it)
Rarity: Blue
Sell Value: 3 Gold

Crafting: It is crafted using a beach ball and the breathing rod. Some use for those items besides a fun game of volleyball.

Use: When consumed (only in water) the beach ball will float at the surface with a tube atatched to It. The tube is also connected to you, and the ball will move around the surface to follow where you are under water vertically. The good use of this is that it extends down 200 blocks (subject to change) supplying air! This would make farming mobs in the ravine all the bit easier. After the 200 block limit is reached the tube will stop extending and stay in place. If you right click on any part of the tube it will go back into your inventory.

Why don't ravine mobs have cool drops and stuff? I'm here to change that! Yeah!

Sufferfish
Type: Magic Weapon
Tooltip: "Put it out of it's suffering"
Damage: 15
Critical strike chance: 4%
Use time: 10
Mana: 9
Sell: 5 gold

Obtaining: 3% drop rate from Pufferfish

How it acts: it will fire little pufferfish that are deflated and fly all over the place in a general direction. (Similar to a balloon deflating but more direct in firing. Still pretty inaccurate though) upon hitting an enemy it will do the normal damage plus a 2x2 block area of effect damage for half the normal damage.

Look-a-like Coin
Tooltip: I could have sworn it was real. 10% chance to pay for half the cost of items less than 11 gold in price.

Use: as stated above

Obtainable from: Lantern Fish
(Tell me if it needs to be nerfed)

Also planning I might add some sprites, and possibly some things to add to the looks underwater!

Pls help why am I so invested in this thread?? Really help please I have to stop.

Okay, I know I might be suggesting a bit much, but here are some cool things I think can be added

Air Bouy
Type:Consumable (maybe accesory)
Tooltip: (can't think of one now :/ may edit on it)
Sell Value: 3 Gold

Crafting: It is crafted using a beach ball and the breathing rod. Some use for those items besides a fun game of volleyball.

Use: When consumed (only in water) the beach ball will float at the surface with a tube atatched to It. The tube is also connected to you, and the ball will move around the surface to follow where you are under water vertically. The good use of this is that it extends down 200 blocks (subject to change) supplying air! This would make farming mobs in the ravine all the bit easier. After the 200 block limit is reached the tube will stop extending and stay in place. If you right click on any part of the tube it will go back into your inventory.

Why don't ravine mobs have cool drops and stuff? I'm here to change that! Yeah!

Sufferfish
Type: Magic Weapon
Tooltip: "Put it out of it's suffering"
Damage: 15
Critical strike chance: 4%
Use time: 10
Mana: 9
Sell: 5 gold

Obtaining: 3% drop rate from Pufferfish

How it acts: it will fire little pufferfish that are deflated and fly all over the place in a general direction. (Similar to a balloon deflating but more direct in firing. Still pretty inaccurate though) upon hitting an enemy it will do the normal damage plus a 2x2 block area of effect damage for half the normal damage.

Look-a-like Coin

Use: as stated above

Obtainable from: Lantern Fish
(Tell me if it needs to be nerfed)

Also planning I might add some sprites, and possibly some things to add to the looks underwater!

Pls help why am I so invested in this thread?? Really help please I have to stop.
You are FULL of good ideas. I should put these in immediately. It's not like I've been have many ideas.

Well, here is my way of fixing it. Posting a thread that will most likely never even end up in the game:p (by the way I will be puttin in an easier way to read this at the bottom)

First off: Bigger oceans. For these to work, we need bigger oceans. Two ways for this are to 1. make worlds bigger, or 2. make the ocean go much farther inland, like up to 500 blocks, at the max. (this would probably be it)
Next:
Abandoned Island
A new biome that spawns near the end of the ocean, on the surface. Only one will spawn per world. It has an abandoned camp in the middle, with a run down shack with ambient objects scattered around, as well as an unlit campfire in the very middle of camp and a small spring running into the ocean. A chest in the shack has some nice items in it, including a new ocean-themed item. One new decorative item the island would have is the Coconut Man. I bet you know what I'm thinking of.:happy: The angler would also be found here, instead of just kind of floating around.

Third:
Enemies
More Sharks: Goblin Shark, Whale Shark, Tiger Shark: all now drop Shark Teeth, a Crating material and vanity accessory (could craft Shark Tooth Necklace; It makes more sense this way)

Fish: Clown Fish, Angel Fish, Tiger Fish, any others you guys want to suggest
Anemone
Sea Cucumber

(I am not putting in stats because I cannot balance at all. Don't even fully know how defense works, and I have researched for AT LEAST 3 hours)

Forth:
Ocean Trench

This super-deep trench would be a lot like @Charon's Ocean Depths idea, which I highly recommend you check out, but in the Trench, almost no light is allowed. However, it will keep the Depthstone idea to keep players from draining it, at least for awhile. In a random spot, a Shipwreck will be spawned at world gen. This sunken ship would have a chest inside, which would contain a special item. Another structure would be the Ruined City, a mass of Ancient Stone blocks, Ruined Stone blocks, and Atlantean Stone, three new blocks that make up this city. A once-great city, it would have it's own boss as well as special Ocean-Trench themed items. It would also have a large dome made of Atlantean Glass, which acts almost just like Bubble blocks, or some other form of it surrounding the whole thing, to keep water out. An entrance would spawn at the bottom on one side.
The Trench would have a bunch of strange-looking and disturbing enemies, to go along with the theme of being at the bottom of the ocean. Here is a current list of them (sorry only some stats, I honestly have like no idea at ALL how to balance them):

Big Gulper

Appearance will be very dark when swimming. When it charges it will give off blue light from certain blue spots that appear on it.

A.I: Upon aggro the fish will swim near the the left and right of the players screen and will try to avoid them when not attacking. Will charge like a moss hornet to the other side of the screen in a straight horizontal line every 5 seconds if it is at the players level.

Pufferfish

Lantern Fish

A.I. Will try and attack you like a piranha until you get it to half health then it will quickly swim away. At half health it will try to stay close to enemies that are Aggroed on you. Upon coins appearing it will go invisible except for its lantern thing, the lantern will look like a silver coin that seems to have dropped from the mob. The 'coin' will give off a brighter glow then normal. Once you get 5 blocks from the angler it will start attacking like a piranha again until it dies.

(These three were suggested by @runner2001jph. Thanks!)

Yeti Crab: Big, fuzzy, white crab. Should have, lets say, 200 life. Drops Yeti Fur, a crafting material. Tooltip: But wait... this isn't REAL yeti fur, is it?

Fifth:
Aquatic Armor

Gives defense close to Adamantite/Titanium armor, as the Trench's enemies are pretty powerful. But i have no idea about what else it should be like. Crafted with Shark Teeth, Pearls, Coralstone, which now spawns naturally in the Ocean and is not rewarded from the Angler, a Mermaid's Necklace, a Seashell Hairpin and a Mermaid Tail.

Aquatic Helmet: 30 Coralstone, 10 Shark Teeth, 5 Pearls and a Seashell Hairpin.
Gives 13 defense and you move normal speed in liquids, except for honey, where you move as fast as in water normally.

Aquatic Breastplate: 50 Coralstone, 18 Shark Teeth, 7 Pearls, and a Jellyfish Necklace.
Gives 16 defense and you glow when submerged in liquid.

Aquatic Tail: 40 Coralstone, 14 Shark Teeth, 6 Pearls and a Mermaid Tail.
Gives 15 defense and you can swim in liquids (like the Neptune's Shell Merfolk can swim).

Set bonus: Most Ocean and Trench enemies become friendly and you can breathe underwater.

Last (finally):
The Ruined City
Covered in crumbling buildings, this city is enclosed with strange looking glass engraved with strange symbols that make no sense...
The Ruined City would be covered in a random pattern of buildings in different stages of disrepair, all except for one, right in the center. This building has a glowing golden roof and an altar inside. The altar looks like a giant shark, as well as a giant squid, swimming around a turtle. If you place a Water Bucket in the altar, it spawns the boss.
Coming soon!

Normal Ocean
Alright... here I go, tying to balance these...
Goblin Shark
25 Health
10 Damage
5 Defense
The smallest shark in the world. For comedy reasons, would drop the Goblin Battle Standard (1% chance) and Shark Teeth (1-7, 100% chance)

Whale Shark
600 Health
50 Damage
32 Defense
A very big, rarer than usual shark. It spawns more often in the Trench. When it gets close to you, it will initiate a sucking attack that, you guessed it, sucks you to its mouth. If you get trapped inside of it's mouth, you take damage equal to the rate of 'Electrified' but only for three seconds. It drops Shark Teeth (1-7, 100% chance) and the Vacuum Cleaner (10% chance).

Tiger Shark
250 Health
30 Damage
15 Defense
A medium sized shark. It has a dash attack similar to the Expert EoC. It drops Stripes (5% chance) and Shark Teeth (1-7, 100% chance).

Tiger Fish
200 Health
25 Damage
20 Defense
Look up a picture. I guarantee you will be scared.

Pufferfish

Most fish have 10 health, 5 damage, and 7 defense unless otherwise stated. They spawn in big schools to try to overwhelm you.

Fish: Clown Fish, Angel Fish, any others you guys want to suggest
Anemone
Sea Cucumber

Trench
Big Gulper

Lantern Fish

A.I. Will try and attack you like a piranha until you get it to half health then it will quickly swim away. At half health it will try to stay close to enemies that are Aggroed on you. Upon coins appearing it will go invisible except for its lantern thing, the lantern will look like a silver coin that seems to have dropped from the mob. The 'coin' will give off a brighter glow then normal. Once you get 5 blocks from the angler it will start attacking like a piranha again until it dies. Drops Look-Alike Coin (5% chance).

Shark Teeth: Crafting material. Makes Shark Tooth Necklace with 1 rope and 10 Shark Teeth.
Tooltip: Don't touch the pointy end.

Look-a-like Coin

Yeti Fur: Crafting material. Makes Yeti Vanity outfit.

Mermaid's Necklace
Crafted with a Mermaid Adornment and a Jellyfish Necklace at a Tinkerer's Workshop.
Makes you glow in water and Merfolk-type enemies become friendly.

New Blocks:
Ruined Stone: Stone blocks the look all crumbly and have half-faded patterns on them.

Atlantean Stone: Dark blue blocks with strange symbols on them.
Atlantean Glass: A very special block. Liquids cannot pass through it, but if you make a shape that is enclosed on all sides with this, it is filled with Ghost-Water. Ghost-Water is the same thing as normal water, but you don't have the drowning effect will in side of it.
Not bad for my second thread, eh? I swear it took like an hour of just thinking and typing. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, including spriting, suggestions for this, balancing, and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading this really long thread, and hooray for this thing I did![/SPOILER]
Completly blown away with these I deas of yours and I Can See How everything would go along so Welll in the game I'm really phsyed about your ideas and how everything will turn out these ideas just keep getting better and better

Back
Top Bottom