Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about a quest system? that whould give the game more RPG feelings:
* you can get quests from any NPC
* when you right click the NPC, it whould have an option called "Quest"
* when you see the npc, if it has an yellow exclamation mark over it, there is a new quest available
* when you've completed it, it should be a blue question mark over that NPC
* the quests should get harder and harder as you progress, like the first quest "kill 10 slimes" and the last "find a truffle worm"
* you should have a quest log where it shows all your active quests and an indicator to show how much you've completed of it
here is an example:

Shattering Slimes
Kill 10 Slimes (0/10)

a quest system whould make terraria a full rpg-type game because whe already have money, shops and other things

how about a quest system? that whould give the game more RPG feelings:
* you can get quests from any NPC
* when you right click the NPC, it whould have an option called "Quest"
* when you see the npc, if it has an yellow exclamation mark over it, there is a new quest available
* when you've completed it, it should be a blue question mark over that NPC
* the quests should get harder and harder as you progress, like the first quest "kill 10 slimes" and the last "find a truffle worm"
* you should have a quest log where it shows all your active quests and an indicator to show how much you've completed of it
here is an example:

Shattering Slimes
Kill 10 Slimes (0/10)

a quest system whould make terraria a full rpg-type game because whe already have money, shops and other things

I think it doesn't has any sense.
1 - Achivements on steam are like your quests.
2 - U should know what to do now, not your quest. Cause quests like "kill 10 slimes" are like tutorial how to complete the game.

Another suggestion - Make hovering a toggle

At the moment, hovering requires holding down 3 buttons at once, which is impossible for those with an old or cheap keyboard, as those can only handle 2 buttons being held at once.

One thing i really think should be added to Terrraria that would really make going through your stuff easier is a new type of chest called something like "Electric Chest" Which could be bought from the mechanic after some late boss has been defeated, or perhaps one of the components needed to craft it could be bought from some NPC after a late boss. Basically what it would be used for is you place it somewhere and connect it to your other chests via wire and it will contain all items off the chests connected to it. The interface could have something like a scroll bar, a search box, and some sorting buttons. That's just my idea, i'm not sure if its possible, but if it is that would be something really useful to have. :)

One word: Hoppers.
Place one above a chest, items that fall on top of it will be moved to the chest OR hoppers could be connected to the chests via wire. These would combine well with conveyor belts.

'I didn't get this off a Minecraft'

Not related to wiring and mechanics again, but would anyone have the idea to add Kunais as throwing projectiles? You know, we have Ninja suits, Shurikens, Katanas, but we don't have kunais.

I have some suggestions... but they're not about wiring. Is that okay?

Ability to dye minions (PLEASE)
Little (ammo-esque) number on the minion buff that says how many you have active
More minion armor types/weapons
Ability to stack unstackable items (like weapons and equipment), but only in chests
Maintaining favourites through equipping (if you equip something that you've favourited, it's not favourited anymore when you un-equip it)
Some kind of prize for managing to completely purify the world of Corruption/Crimson, and a better one for making over 95% of the world Hallow/Crimson/Corruption
The ability to copy/paste buildings/areas (maybe as a reward for Hallowing an entire world?)
MORE PETS
Another mobile storage device like the safe and piggy bank (Briefcase?)
On a similar note, a mobile safe summoner like the Money Trough
The ability to place Cursed and Ichor torches while underwater
Vanity slots for grappling hooks/minions/minecarts/light pets
More different minecarts?
Something decorative to make with a lot of dirt. so much dirt
Some kind of fix to the incredible annoying tedium of making the Cell Phone (especially the only-once-every-24-minutes Angler quests)
A flat state for blocks that's drawn from the top, rather than the bottom
Better early-game Magic weapons
Different buff icons for Spelunker, Night Vision, and Hunter (the eyes and magnifying glass thing is confusing)

OOH OOH AND A WIRING IDEA

An item that works like an Actuator, but instead of making it tangible/intangible, it switches between different of the hammered positions/shapes of the block.
(also pistons)

Last edited:
My Idea:
Transmitter:
If you place 2 of them in the world and hook wires to them they work like wireless energy transmitters that will work like wiring between 2 places but you don't need to place lots of wire.
Also they can be configured so if you place more transmitters you can configure them so you can use the same color of wire more times.
They are bought for 30 gold each at mechanic.

Hi there, I'm the developer of a TShock plugin called "Advanced Circuits" which implemented a lot of new wiring mechanics for Terraria servers, so you might want to have a look at the ideas it realized.

This guide to AC might be the best place for an overview and introduction to its features.
The repository of the plugin has some open tickets of further feature requests for even more ideas.

I think it would be best, if someone out there, developers or community could make a site for us to submit our Terraria mods. I'm getting sick of searching for good mods when you can't find any. :(

Hi there, I'm the developer of a TShock plugin called "Advanced Circuits" which implemented a lot of new wiring mechanics for Terraria servers, so you might want to have a look at the ideas it realized.

This guide to AC might be the best place for an overview and introduction to its features.
The repository of the plugin has some open tickets of further feature requests for even more ideas.

Some ideas like the cross port (which allows crossing wires of the same color without making both circuits interlocked) are great, but the idea seems very complex to me.

Doesn't have to do anything with wiring...

I discovered a bug in Terraria, using either Flurry Boots, Hermes Boots, etc and reversing gravity and running upside-down makes the running effect on your head. Is it just me, or was this bug relaxing at the very release till 1.3.0.8?

It would be nice to have a proper targeting reticle when used a ranged weapon. I'm finding the current system to be slight inaccurate

Also, why is there no orange and blue tier ranger armor, or green+ tier throwing armor?
End game throwing weapon stuff would be nice.
shouldn't boomerangs be throwing weapons?

It would be nice to have a proper targeting reticle when used a ranged weapon. I'm finding the current system to be slight inaccurate

Also, why is there no orange and blue tier ranger armor, or green+ tier throwing armor?
End game throwing weapon stuff would be nice.
shouldn't boomerangs be throwing weapons?
Boomerangs, yoyos, flails should not be thrown weapons. Why? Because they are still attached to you and they return. And they are not consumables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom