Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441689779,1441689567][/DOUBLEPOST]

You should add all of the items that are in terraria pc/console into the mobile version. I've been wanting to fight some new bosses and get new weapons. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
They will come sooner or later if possible. However you should keep in mind this thread is for the 1.3.1 update for the PC, which has nothing to do with the mobile version.

8 is too many, but four is a good idea. And anything (but the liquids) is affected. It can maybe created with five gravity globes?

Is was speaking of logic... a pressure plate is activated by walking on it... How can we walk on the walls?

If the gravity could change to eight directions you could use slopes as a flat surface

If there was an invisible block(like wires) in it's own layer that changes the gravitation of whatever is inside the area it's placed people could make awesome adventure maps!

And zero gravity zones.

Gravitation potions can be used to change the gravity as well, it might work better than Gravity Globe since it's an Expert drop from Moon Lord.

So it would be an Expert exclusive?

Of course, an item that can be used to change gravity on 8 directions!

Or a wires used to do that but it wouldn't make sense

An accessory that shows all the wires around you, called Mechanic's radar perhaps?
-can be combined with other tile placement tools perhaps?
-can be toggles on and off by clicking the visibility switch, just like the rulers

How would you control which why the gravity goes? Right now we just use up and down to flip the gravity but we certainly can't do that with 8 directions. The only way I could think of that working is with the number pad, but not every keyboard has that.

I like the name X-ray specs for a wire accessory. I was also thinking about combining it with the binoculars and Night Vision Helmet but I can't think of what the new item would be called.

Nah, I think a Screw Driver would be the tool used for that. Left-click with a Screw Driver to change which way something is facing. Like making dart traps face up or down. And right-click to change the settings of something, like the on/off state of something.

I suggested having a sonic screwdriver that would do just that among other things.

But what if we want to make an adventure map that uses this tool but at the same time has many traps that will lose fun (because smart people will change the way the trap is facing)?
What if we want to make something like an actuated platform but in the same map there is a lot of visible switches that will be reachable with this screwdriver?

I dunno, I think it could be implemented this way, and if you like you could combine it at the tinkerer workshop to make this screwdriver or so... Don't you agree? :)

EDIT: Maybe if we only had an item sensor, if you have the item in the inventory then it will give a signal or so, but I can't think about it with the pulse signal thing Terraria uses. I will try to improve this idea, so it can be my 12th... :p

Last edited:
But what if we want to make an adventure map that uses this tool but at the same time has many traps that will lose fun (because smart people will change the way the trap is facing)?
What if we want to make something like an actuated platform but in the same map there is a lot of visible switches that will be reachable with this screwdriver?

I dunno, I think it could be implemented this way, and if you like you could combine it at the tinkerer workshop to make this screwdriver or so... Don't you agree? :)

EDIT: Maybe if we only had an item sensor, if you have the item in the inventory then it will give a signal or so, but I can't think about it with the pulse signal thing Terraria uses. I will try to improve this idea, so it can be my 12th... :p
'o_O Huh? Why would you give the player a Screw Driver in an adventure map? If you don't want the player changing which way traps are facing, just don't put a Screw Driver in the map.

'o_O Huh? Why would you give the player a Screw Driver in an adventure map? If you don't want the player changing which way traps are facing, just don't put a Screw Driver in the map.
There is the question then... The Actuator Wand is intended to be used in adventure maps, it can only activate or deactivate a block if there is an actuator in the block actually, as you can see in the illustrations.
You can make platforms that the player needs to jump and change it in time to not fall in a pit of lava or so... you can make secret passages, you can use it to do almost the same as the pickaxe but without dropping blocks, instead the blocks are going to be deactivated. And with a lot of imagination you can make incredible puzzling maps with just this Actuator Wand. What do you think? :)

There is the question then... The Actuator Wand is intended to be used in adventure maps, it can only activate or deactivate a block if there is an actuator in the block actually, as you can see in the illustrations.
You can make platforms that the player needs to jump and change it in time to not fall in a pit of lava or so... you can make secret passages, you can use it to do almost the same as the pickaxe but without dropping blocks, instead the blocks are going to be deactivated. And with a lot of imagination you can make incredible puzzling maps with just this Actuator Wand. What do you think? :)
I like it!

I'm hoping it would be at least 1.5x of the transporter's range
1.5*∞=...∞
A different skin of the teleporter, so?
I imagined you suggested a wired version of the teleportation potion, but if it's just a teleporter V2...
[DOUBLEPOST=1441731921,1441731529][/DOUBLEPOST]
If the gravity could change to eight directions you could use slopes as a flat surface

If there was an invisible block(like wires) in it's own layer that changes the gravitation of whatever is inside the area it's placed people could make awesome adventure maps!

And zero gravity zones.

Gravitation potions can be used to change the gravity as well, it might work better than Gravity Globe since it's an Expert drop from Moon Lord.

So it would be an Expert exclusive?
A) Yes, it's possible IG, but in code and the GP of that... It's hard...

B) How can the monsters move here?

C) Gravitation potion is temporary and affect only the player, Gravity globe has unlimited use but affect only the player, but the objet is unlimited and affect everything and body is the world!

D) Yes

left-clicking w/ wrench places wire of corresponding color
right-clicking w/ wrench removes wire corresponding color

1.5*∞=...∞
A different skin of the teleporter, so?
I imagined you suggested a wired version of the teleportation potion, but if it's just a teleporter V2...
[DOUBLEPOST=1441731921,1441731529][/DOUBLEPOST]
A) Yes, it's possible IG, but in code and the GP of that... It's hard...

B) How can the monsters move here?

C) Gravitation potion is temporary and affect only the player, Gravity globe has unlimited use but affect only the player, but the objet is unlimited and affect everything and body is the world!

D) Yes
The Mana Flower uses a potion and has unlimited uses
[DOUBLEPOST=1441740077][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hammers can be used to change the direction of traps
[DOUBLEPOST=1441740518][/DOUBLEPOST]
How would you control which why the gravity goes? Right now we just use up and down to flip the gravity but we certainly can't do that with 8 directions. The only way I could think of that working is with the number pad, but not every keyboard has that.

I like the name X-ray specs for a wire accessory. I was also thinking about combining it with the binoculars and Night Vision Helmet but I can't think of what the new item would be called.
The all seeing eye?
Just add a spelunker potion to the mix

Or actually, the Suspicious looking tentacle
It allows you to see everything important, it could be used to provide light if it's combined with the Mining Helmet.

It shows wiring, traps, chests, ore and provide a light

It might work as an armor

Mechanic's armor!

The Mana Flower uses a potion and has unlimited uses
What? I don't understand ... I was explaining the differences between the gravity potion, globe(equipment) and controller(object)
left-clicking w/ wrench places wire of corresponding color
right-clicking w/ wrench removes wire corresponding color
+1! How many times did I remove the red wire of my brother instead of my blue? It's very hard to remove one color with many others around!

Nah, I think a Screw Driver would be the tool used for that. Left-click with a Screw Driver to change which way something is facing. Like making dart traps face up or down. And right-click to change the settings of something, like the on/off state of something.
Besides the screwdriver, another idea that I have is for moon-lord traps. With the Luminite bars, you would made different traps. Different traps would cost different amounts of Luminite bars. One trap (I don't know what to name it) shoots the beam of light from the Moon-lord's eyes. It would do ~100 dps, beating the spear traps by a significant amount. Another trap would be like the spheres from the blaster cannon, and another might be from the last prism.
Aside from that, I definitely like this idea of the screw driver. Would this be like an upgraded version of a hammer? If this hasn't been asked before, what would this screwdriver be made of?

That would still also make a lot of things not possible because players can just cheat their way through puzzles. It would kill just as many puzzles as it could make, if not more.

Hammers can be used to change the direction of traps
Can a hammer make dart traps face up or down? I think it would be better if a Screw Driver could make traps face up, down, left, and right. Then if you hammer them to slope the traps, you can make them fire diagonally.

I think I might make a screw driver sprite after I finish making the conveyor blocks sprites I'm working on now.

Added new illustration for the Actuator Wand
DC3DprF.png

Also, two new ideas... :)

Twelfth. Hard Doors that only open with wiring.

Thirteenth. Item Sensors. A button wired to a Green Item Sensor will give a signal when stepped on, if the Item displayed by the Item Sensor is present in your inventory it will continue the signal. Else it will stop the signal.
A button wired to a Red Item Sensor will give a signal when stepped on, if the Item displayed by the Item Sensor is NOT present in your inventory it will continue the signal. Else it will stop the signal.
The item can be placed in the sensor just like it can be placed in the Item Frame, but it can only be removed with a wire cutter.
uwikCFR.png

8k4pXFL.png

7nnbxqr.png

ybwF3Rk.png

I've also updated my original post.

That would still also make a lot of things not possible because players can just cheat their way through puzzles. It would kill just as many puzzles as it could make, if not more.
Well, puzzles are made by players, if they don't want to kill puzzles then they should not allow the wand in the puzzle.
I can only agree with your statement if there are natural actuators, but there are not. But even if there were natural actuators, you could only get that by crafting with special materials or by buying after defeating moon lord or so, I don't know, I should have specified a way to obtain it...
See, it is useful, since not every block can be actuated with it, only the blocks with actual actuators in it. If you don't want someone to cheat you can take away the actuator of the block, it is simple, I guess... hahaha
Oh and thank you for helping me improve and deepen my suggestion. :)

EDIT: Uh, sorry for the doublepost.

Last edited:
Added new illustration for the Actuator Wand
DC3DprF.png

Also, two new ideas... :)

Twelfth. Hard Doors that only open with wiring.

Thirteenth. Item Sensors. A button wired to a Green Item Sensor will give a signal when stepped on, if the Item displayed by the Item Sensor is present in your inventory it will continue the signal. Else it will stop the signal.
A button wired to a Red Item Sensor will give a signal when stepped on, if the Item displayed by the Item Sensor is NOT present in your inventory it will continue the signal. Else it will stop the signal.
The item can be placed in the sensor just like it can be placed in the Item Frame, but it can only be removed with a wire cutter.
uwikCFR.png

8k4pXFL.png

7nnbxqr.png

ybwF3Rk.png

I've also updated my original post.
While I do like the basic idea problem is that wire is pulse base. I had through of something similar a while back where if you walk in rang with a certain item it will send a pulse and another pulse when you leave the rang. I guess this could work too buy disabling the circuit if you don't have the item on you.

Well, puzzles are made by players, if they don't want to kill puzzles then they should not allow the wand in the puzzle.
I can only agree with your statement if there are natural actuators, but there are not. But even if there were natural actuators, you could only get that by crafting with special materials or by buying after defeating moon lord or so, I don't know, I should have specified a way to obtain it...
See, it is useful, since not every block can be actuated with it, only the blocks with actual actuators in it. If you don't want someone to cheat you can take away the actuator of the block, it is simple, I guess... hahaha

No the puzzles are made by the map maker. The player would be the one to kill it by cheating if they are given this actuator wand thingy. Like if you had a puzzle where a player needs to hit a set of switches to open and close walls to find the right path through it. They could just cheat if they get that item in the map. Just about any puzzle on a custom map would be cheatable with that item. You would have to design the whole map completely around that one item. And then just how many puzzles could you make where the player has the ability to flip on and off actuators without a switch? Probably no where near as many as ones where the player doesn't have that ability.

I have to agree with SovereignVis. I'm sure there are a few puzzles you can build around the actuator wand but it will kill many more puzzles. It's not worth making a whole make around it. Most map makers wouldn't give it to the player anyway. It doesn't strike me as an item you could build a puzzle map around.

how about different colored/painted teleporters? Where the diferant colors take you to the other teleporter that is the same color? I think that would be :cool:cool!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom