Game Mechanics Getting boss trophies

Sixshaman

Steampunker
Sorry if that was suggested before.

Most of trophies have the 10% chance to drop from corresponding boss. Getting trophies can take a lot of time - for example, I've killed ~30 Planteras to finally get the Plantera Trophy. During this time I've got 2 The Axes and 1 Seeding.

Pumpkin Moon(and, partially, Frost Moon) is a good example of getting trophies. You cannot get Morning Wood/Pumpking trophy with just a good luck - the trophy is a reward only for players who reached the Wave 15. And there is no low chances - if you can prove you might, you can easily take your reward.

So, why all trophies are not dropping only under certain conditions? Some examples of my idea:
-The Plantera Trophy has 100% drop chance, but drops only from enraged Plantera.
-The Duke Fishron Trophy has 100% drop chance, but only if you killed him under 1 minute.
-The King Slime Trophy has 100% drop chance, but only if he was killed by Katana or Muramasa.

And so on. It's easy to implement and getting trophies will be much more intresting.

Um...

How do you NOT kill Plantera without her being in her second enraged form? As far as I can tell there is no way to do 15000+ damage in one hit.

Um...

How do you NOT kill Plantera without her being in her second enraged form? As far as I can tell there is no way to do 15000+ damage in one hit.
He meant killing Plantera outside the jungle or on the surface. If you fight Plantera there then she suddenly speeds up and gets a huge amount of attack and defense, so it would be much harder to kill her like that.

He meant killing Plantera outside the jungle or on the surface. If you fight Plantera there then she suddenly speeds up and gets a huge amount of attack and defense, so it would be much harder to kill her like that.

Ah, that makes sense.

Anyways... just had an idea... Was thinking we could keep the current trophy system (because honestly life is difficult enough for a lot of players) but add a new set of trophies that you get from killing bosses in special situations... Make them with much more grandeur (Maybe a gold instead of wood frame?) and maybe some particle effects.

I want to know how the average Terraria player kills Plantera in enraged mode. I had to set a bed and collect the platinum coins I dropped from dying so much... :sigh:

Edit: Coincidently, that was the time I got the Plantera Trophy.

Well, I believe they aren't under circumstantial situations because the trophy themselves are showing potential effort/ the defeating of whatever it is. The reason those bosses outside of waves don't have an instant drop chance is probably due to the fact that they are instantly summoned - as in you can always summon them and not always have a chance to get it; while with the waves you have to get to a certain wave to even get it which is why they are 100%- because it's harder to do. Mourning Wood has 12000 health and Pumpking has 22000 health. Both under Hardmode boss critera yet due to the effort one has to go through to kill much less even see one of those it makes sense that those trophies have the 100%. While completely changing the 10% to 100% and making conditions to which they drop period might make the game more interesting I don't really see the reason to do so because I like the fact that it means you may have to put effort into it; or you might purely by luck happen to get it on first drop with other goodies.

Don't get me wrong I understand where you're coming from. Challenges are great- my only question is towards are you looking to changing the 10% completely; making it so it's always 100 and the only way to get it is as per your example? That's the only thing I wish for clarification. (I personally enjoy RNG)

They could have special name, too:
The killed king's trophy
The exploded eye's trophy
The entirely totaled eater's trophy
The bashed brain's trophy
The snapped skeletron's trophy
The blasted bee's trophy
The wounded wall's trophy
and so on

I like this idea. I think all bosses should drop their trophies the first time they're killed by a character anyway. Or at least something like that. Considering the fact that a trophy is nothing more than saying: "Hey I killed xxx boss!!"

Wow, thank you all for the response!

Don't get me wrong I understand where you're coming from. Challenges are great- my only question is towards are you looking to changing the 10% completely; making it so it's always 100 and the only way to get it is as per your example? That's the only thing I wish for clarification. (I personally enjoy RNG)
So, we have 2 boss-related drops from each boss(except moon bosses) - mask and trophy. The word "Trophy" means some challenge, so I think there must be less RNG and more conditions.
But there are still masks for which we have RNG. And every mask can also prove that you've killed corresponding boss.

Duke Fishron. I minute, ow hell nah! King Slime - being killed with Murmusa, I'm post-plantera and I threw my Murmusa out.
I like this idea. I think all bosses should drop their trophies the first time they're killed by a character anyway. Or at least something like that. Considering the fact that a trophy is nothing more than saying: "Hey I killed xxx boss!!"
That's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom