PC Getting error report upon pressing "Single Player" on title screen

The game launches with no issue to the title screen. I can click every other option on the title screen, but when I click "Single Player", the game immediately crashes and the following window appears.

Terraria Error Log.png

Can I get an answer as to why I am getting this? I have owned the game since January 20, 2012 and I have never had any issue launching the game. I have no mods installed, just a purely vanilla game.

Hey there, can you check which version of the game you are currently on? We just put out a hotfix only 2 hours ago, and it would actually be very important to find out if this crash was happening before that (and so a pre-existing issue) or ONLY since the hotfix (and so a newly introduced issue).

At least one other report of a similar crash indicated that restarting the computer may have fixed the issue, you could also try that and let me know if you have any success!

I am running version 1.4.4.8, which should be the new update.

EDIT: Also, restarting computer did not fix the issue, still getting the same error log

Last edited:
Hey there, can you check which version of the game you are currently on? We just put out a hotfix only 2 hours ago, and it would actually be very important to find out if this crash was happening before that (and so a pre-existing issue) or ONLY since the hotfix (and so a newly introduced issue).

At least one other report of a similar crash indicated that restarting the computer may have fixed the issue, you could also try that and let me know if you have any success!
can you help me too thanks

It's been a few weeks since I have seen anything on this. Do we know what might be the problem for why I can't play Terraria? Because I still get the same error box when trying to play.

Back
Top Bottom