Blocks & Decoration Give the light sources more color!

Xakk

Eye of Cthulhu
We have light sources that can be made from any kind of material, in any range of fantastic colors. But when they're placed in a house, many, such as meteor or honey types, give off a clear white light, while a few, notably Boreal and Granite, give off tinted light. It makes little sense for a lamp or candle as vividly colored as honey to give off white light. Especially given the fact that the torches they're made of have yellow tint in theirs.

I suggest light from sources like this be given a bit of colored tint to match the color of their materials. Gold for Honey, red for Meteor, violet for Ebonwood, etc. I understand that the light is white so as to show the true color of the rest of the furniture, but light is just as much a decorative choice; I feel tints that match the material might make them stand out even more. Additionally, this will give us options for colored lights not quite as sharp as the various colored torches.

Feel free to throw in your suggestions about colors that could be attributed to your favourite light sources.

Back
Top Bottom