Biomes & Nature Give The Ocean A Little Love

Should we add new discoveries to the ocean biome.

• Add new stuff to ocean biome like Neptunes castle, or sunken ship etc.

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Leave it as it is.

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
In fact, the ocean need o be Huge as a commom biome or the biggest biome for more fun and in the end, there's the other side of the map.
It need more and more monsters and critters, as different fishes, new texture for sharks, octopus etc and etc...
(Submarine mount for help)
Neptune castle sounds good, with armored merfolks, maybe?

In fact, the ocean need o be Huge as a commom biome or the biggest biome for more fun and in the end, there's the other side of the map.
It need more and more monsters and critters, as different fishes, new texture for sharks, octopus etc and etc...
(Submarine mount for help)
Neptune castle sounds good, with armored merfolks, maybe?
Oh yeah man nice!! :)

Just a little love?

Not a whole lotta deep sensual love? Caressing the soft smooth sand of the bottom sea.
Thrusting and forcing its way, the swimmer goes. Giving birth to countless new aquatic life.

Love biome confirmed peeps

I really like the idea for an updated, but my biggest issue is the ambiance, all the other biome, except maybe the desert have an awesome feel to it.For example, digging underground is caves with the music and the background feels awesome, and then going into a mushroom mini biome feel awesome with everything glowing. I feel the ocean is the most boring to explore, it is just a big ocean floor in the dark, I think that if you found underground caverns and and as suggest above sunken pirate ship, or maybe even the sunken titanic as a dungeon it would be so exciting to explore. So in conclusion, it terms of items, I think it is fine, I just want a more exciting experience in the ocean, especially before hardmode. This may sound stupid but I want to feel like an underwater treasure hunter and the current ocean does not accomplish it for me.

I really like the idea for an updated, but my biggest issue is the ambiance, all the other biome, except maybe the desert have an awesome feel to it.For example, digging underground is caves with the music and the background feels awesome, and then going into a mushroom mini biome feel awesome with everything glowing. I feel the ocean is the most boring to explore, it is just a big ocean floor in the dark, I think that if you found underground caverns and and as suggest above sunken pirate ship, or maybe even the sunken titanic as a dungeon it would be so exciting to explore. So in conclusion, it terms of items, I think it is fine, I just want a more exciting experience in the ocean, especially before hardmode. This may sound stupid but I want to feel like an underwater treasure hunter and the current ocean does not accomplish it for me.
I know its just missing something to make it feel right. You're so right.

Skimming through this thread, I see a lot of people focusing on items, enemies, and NPCs. Those aren't the problem, people! The problem with the ocean is that Terraria is a game about exploration, and the ocean has nothing to explore. It's essentially just a flat plain with a breath meter, and no amount of items or NPCs are going to change that.

Here are some ideas for structures you could find in the ocean. Fair warning, I haven't put too much thought into these, I'm just throwing them out to see what sticks

Beach Alternative 1: Rocky Coast
Who says the ocean has to have a sandy coast? A jagged, rocky shoreline could introduce some underwater caves.

Beach Alternative 2: Arctic Coast
Another way to drop the sandy beaches. How about an arctic sea, with glaciers, icebergs, and an ice shelf shore?

Beach Alternative 3: Great Flood
Does it even have to be an ocean at all? The wreckage of a broken dam and a town overwhelmed by it could be a new point of interest.

Abandoned ship
A modern, but severely damaged ship floats on the ocean's surface, far from shore. Its crew abandoned the ship for fear it would sink, but still it drifts on. Since the ocean tends to be "free space" right now, this could probably appear during play like meteorites do.

Ghost ship
A decaying, haunted pirate ship, also floating far from shore. Maybe related to the pirate invasion in some way? (e.g. drops pirate map, or only appears after an invasion)

Challenger Deep
This would have a part of the ocean extend much, much deeper than normal, into a system of dark caves lit only by bioluminescent wildlife. This could even be a late-game dungeon if you gate it with a "Crush Depth" meter (like breath meter) that you can't overcome until whatever boss is defeated.

So that place which has its own event, its own boss, its own NPC and its own chests with stuff not found in other places needs "more love"?

Not really.
Yes really.

There's no reason the Ocean shouldn't be as fleshed out as the Jungle. And right now, it's not even close. The Jungle has it's own chests that come with their shrines, it's own THREE bosses, on top of it's own dungeon, and a vast Underground area.

I say add an Underground Ocean made up of coralstone, filled with dark flooded caverns. Like Maridia from Super Metroid. Add a Water Temple mini-dungeon with hostile merfolk.

Do, it, up!

Why not expand the freaking desert which has around 13 mobs, only 1 major block, and a structure that has never spawned for me in the 300+ hours I've played the game? Geez, we already got an endgame boss there, I think we should put it aside for now. And for all the people saying the ocean needs more to explore, it's hard to fit structures and buildings into a very tight space. Adding a giant neptune's castle or sunken ship would make it even more difficult to farm for ocean mobs, and make the ocean even more cramped than it already is. Plus, there's nothing cool to discover in the forest biome either! Or the desert biome, unless you get that 1/100000 chance to find a pyramid full of pharaoh's clothes. Snow biome has nothing interesting to explore either. We should be extending the bigger biomes that have more room for awesome things to explore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom