GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
After defeating the Goblin Army several times, the Goblin Tinkerer is still not spawning. I have been searching the cavern layer using a lifeform analyzer for the entire weekend, crossing through any and all biomes present on my map. However, this seems to be exclusive to that game world; when I defeated the Goblin Army in a world freshly created for that purpose, the Bound Goblin showed up without a problem after a minimal amount of exploration.

It should be noted that the game world not spawning the Tinkerer was created in 1.4.0.3.

After defeating the Goblin Army several times, the Goblin Tinkerer is still not spawning. I have been searching the cavern layer using a lifeform analyzer for the entire weekend, crossing through any and all biomes present on my map. However, this seems to be exclusive to that game world; when I defeated the Goblin Army in a world freshly created for that purpose, the Bound Goblin showed up without a problem after a minimal amount of exploration.

It should be noted that the game world not spawning the Tinkerer was created in 1.4.0.3.
Are you playing on Journey Mode? If so, have you set spawnrate to 0 by any chance?

Nope, I'm playing a Classic Mode character. All other NPCs thus far are spawning just fine, and I used the same character to verify that the Tinkerer indeed spawns in another game world.

is the goblin tinkerer already spawned? check the map for his icon and the housing tab because i did the same thing with the mechanic.

He neither appears on the map, nor is he listed in the housing menu. I'm almost positive I never encountered him in that world, thus not having freed him, but should I in fact have done that -- would he respawn if he had died after having been freed even though there is no housing available for him?

no,also it may be a weird glitch like the one with the guide where sometimes when you kill him he will respawn as a fake,being there but not dong anything or allowing a wof summon,so you need to kill him yourself,what i would do is make around 3 houses to free some space and see what happens.

I think you're going to have to make a house for him, and then go exploring to find him in case he doesn't appear. Sounds like you never freed him.

I recommend Underground Jungle.

If you have one, look in your hellivator (or make one), that's where I find him and the wizard every time.

Thanks everyone, I done derped. Apparently, I had already freed him and he was merely missing valid housing.

... now, how do I mark this solved? :D

Back
Top Bottom