Goku Vs Superman (Yes, we're having this thread.)

TheAverageCommoner

Eye of Cthulhu
So, before we begin, rules.
1) Non-Canon is allowed as long as if it's consistent. No stuff like how Super Saiyan 4 Goku couldn't lift a building alongside Vegeta. (This is debunked due to Goku in base form being able to lift up a pyramid with his mind, or split open a mountain whilst fighting Buu.) No stuff like Broly capable of destroying a galaxy, therefore characters after the cell saga are capable of destroying more than a galaxy. (This is debunked due to in the dragon ball Z manga, Super Buu kept all the energy from the planets he destroyed, and it's potential could only destroy the star system, at best, or how ) This also means Goku has his signature Dragon Fist.
2)ScrewAttack's argument not allowed. Their calculations are flawed, Goku is clearly stronger than he was when he was presented in their videos.
3)No help from any side-characters, (Vegeta,Supergirl,etc) unless they are helping the character, and not fighting the opposition. This means Fusion is allowed.
4)No Weapons.
5)All forms/transformation allowed. We will discuss what forms can and cannot beat eachother. eg, Pre-crisis Superman vs GT Goku, Superman Prime 1M vs SSJ4 Gogeta, New 52 Superman vs DBZ Goku, So on and so forth.
6)Reliable sources needed. Do not join the thread and claim that Goku can beat Superman because he can destroy planets, or Superman can beat Goku because he is fueled by the sun. We will compare their abilities and feats against each other in a fair way.
Each point of information will be put into this thread.
For necessities, start off like "I think ________ has an advantage over _________ because __________"
You know what to do with those blank spaces.
List of information.
Superman.
Feats and Abilities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman

Goku
Feats and Abilities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goku#Abilities

You can use these sources whether or not you don't know or want to know something about the two characters.

So many rules for such a simple thread, so i read the first one and didn't understand it, didnt bother with the rest :p
Superman... always

So many rules for such a simple thread, so i read the first one and didn't understand it, didnt bother with the rest :p
Superman... always
But why would Superman win?
You haven't explained which superman would beat which goku, and why.
There are multiple forms of Superman, you know.
Edit: misspelled beat. :I

But why would Superman win?
You haven't explained which superman would beat which goku, and why.
There are multiple forms of Superman, you know.
Edit: misspelled beat. :I
I don't watch dragon balls
But I've seen Goku's power level, and its pretty powerful i guess, but superman is pretty much invincible unless exposed to krypton, or as they like to call it, kryptonite
And unless Goku's testicles are made of krypton, I'm pretty sure superman is the winner

Can Goku reshape an entire planet like superman can?
We don't know if Goku can or cannot do that, since he hasn't been in a situation where he has needed to do so.
Goku has Ki Manipulation, friend. At best, SSJG Goku can destroy a star system at his peak, So I don't see the probability that he can't change the shape of a planet.
But that's BOG Goku.
We're looking into different types of Goku.
Dragonball Goku,
Dragonball Z, GT, AF (Kind of if-ish on AF, it was an april fools joke by Akira but the fanbase continued it.)
For example,
Retconned Superman vs DBZ Goku,
Pre-Crisis Superman vs GT Goku,
So on and so forth.
We know that Pre-Crisis Superman could beat all forms of Goku for the exception of GT and AF, (GT was really played for it's cinematic time, but Goku was shown to have more potential than presented in the show.)
[DOUBLEPOST=1420347506][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't watch dragon balls
But I've seen Goku's power level, and its pretty powerful i guess, but superman is pretty much invincible unless exposed to krypton, or as they like to call it, kryptonite
And unless Goku's testicles are made of krypton, I'm pretty sure superman is the winner
Invulnerability is only a liability, He was presumed invulnerable due to the fact he was on earth, where not even bullets could pierce him, but he has been shown that he isn't absolutely invulnerable, with Darkseid occasionally kicking him around.

We don't know if Goku can or cannot do that, since he hasn't been in a situation where he has needed to do so.
Goku has Ki Manipulation, friend. At best, SSJG Goku can destroy a star system at his peak, So I don't see the probability that he can't change the shape of a planet.
But that's BOG Goku.
We're looking into different types of Goku.
Dragonball Goku,
Dragonball Z, GT, AF (Kind of if-ish on AF, it was an april fools joke by Akira but the fanbase continued it.)
For example,
Retconned Superman vs DBZ Goku,
Pre-Crisis Superman vs GT Goku,
So on and so forth.
We know that Pre-Crisis Superman could beat all forms of Goku for the exception of GT and AF, (GT was really played for it's cinematic time, but Goku was shown to have more potential than presented in the show.)
Both my eyes and brain hurt from reading this... How is that possible?
And why am i still on this thread when i know nothing about what you are asking...
Also, superman looks sexy and real
Goku is anime
Sman wins

Ohhhh nevermind
DANGIT I DID IT AGAIN, DAMN YOU ALERT NOTIFICATIONS!
So uh, yeah.
I'm not saying Goku can't beat Superman, by the way.
What we want to do is compare their abilities.
Like for example,
Both Goku and Superman cannot be harmed by bullets, Both Characters can clearly lift over 100+ tons, So on and so forth.
But what characters have the best abilities? the best chance to win? what factors do they have?
I posted the wikipages showing what powers they have and don't have.

Goku wins. supermans power comes from yellow stars goku can destroy a star system = no star = no power closest star system 100 light years away super can fly at the speed of light = can't reach a star in time = weak super man and goku can just wreck superman or throw him into planet earths remeinets there will probably be kryptonite still there and superman dies the end you happy now

Goku wins. supermans power comes from yellow stars goku can destroy a star system = no star = no power closest star system 100 light years away super can fly at the speed of light = can't reach a star in time = weak super man and goku can just wreck superman or throw him into planet earths remeinets there will probably be kryptonite still there and superman dies the end you happy now
Except even ss4 goku needed the sun to kill baby, it's cannon like a mother :red:er that goku isn't stronger than sun. And future superman carries that :red: on a chariot,
I like goku too but stop being a :red:ed fanboy, even if you multiplied ss4 strength to +10 the numbers are too heavily in supermans favor. Besides that's assuming superman doesn't just rip his head off at ss1.

And superman can go from earth to the sun in three seconds flat, wanna guess how many times faster than speed of light that light that is?
go read a comic and learn a thing or two weeb get off crunchyroll for three minutes lol jk but seriously get over it superman wins.

Last edited:
Goku can destroy a Star System, but he clearly can't survive a star explosion.
It's shown in the Buu Saga that him and Vegeta wouldn't survive the explosion of the Supreme Kai's planet. We don't know the density of that planet, at now, the size, but if he can't survive a planetary explosion, then no, He wouldn't immediately come to the conclusion that he would have to destroy the sun.
Superman is capable of enduring 8.6 Million Solar Mass. That's the energy of the amount of mass within the event horizon within two black holes. if that was amount of mass was an explosion, it would obliterate a galaxy.
It's a matter of Goku grinding Superman down. Goku wouldn't be able to take a punch from Superman, at least in his base form, So he would have to be quick and nimble.
We clearly know that Superman can't fight at the speed of light, so Goku is advantagous there.

A little of topic here you claim super man can survive being in a black hole in theory a black holes event horizon would have gravity so strong it would rip him up on an molecular scale or stretch his molecules till he is stretched out of existence or be burned and turn into black hole fuel

A little of topic here you claim super man can survive being in a black hole in theory a black holes event horizon would have gravity so strong it would rip him up on an molecular scale or stretch his molecules till he is stretched out of existence or be burned and turn into black hole fuel
Yeah except he can, which is why superman wins.

It isn't a matter of if it's realistic or not, Both Superman and Goku have Human Physiology, but are capable of lifting and enduring tons and tons of pressure and weight.

As much as I would prefer Goku to win over Superman (Since I am an Otaku which may be clear from my avatar and find the personalities of Anime characters more interesting than the traditional Superhero's personality) Logically Superman will always defeat Goku.

Screwattack's Deathbattle series has 2 Goku Vs. Superman videos that go into great detail about the abilities of each one (And something interesting about one of these videos is that this very thread on TCF appears briefly in the second video here at around 5:02 into the video).

Still seeing what Superman's abilities are like compared to Goku's from reading the sources on both of their abilities. I am forced to agree that Superman will always defeat Goku. Someone with unlimited potential that gains ultimate power from absorbing Solar Energy from Stars (The effect gets far bigger, depending on the brightness and size of the star) can't be beaten. And while Kryptonite is Superman's one weakness, Goku's personality of Honor before Reason will not let him kill Superman by exploiting his weakness which is the most practical thing to do. Meaning that Superman truly is unstoppable since his opponent is deliberately letting his power get as strong as possible which in Superman's case, pretty much means the strength of a God or Super-God that not even Goku can reach despite the training from hell he has been through and the transformations he has.

I would prefer to have Goku win, as his character is more interesting given how he has to train and struggle to gain power to overcome many obstacles while protecting what he loves. He does get arrogant with how he lets his opponents like Frieza and Cell power up so that he can defeat them when they are at their strongest regardless of how much danger other people or a planet are in. But it is a natural human characteristic (or in Goku's case a natural Saiyan characteristic) to get arrogant sometimes.

With Superman I don't see as much on how it is easy to relate with him when every obstacle is a normal human issue, and one with powers like his will find it very easy to be able to solve such problems (Other aliens that have powers similar to Superman from the Comics I hear are a different story), but I mostly only know about how Superman deals with Lex Luthor. Especially seeing how Superman was born with his powers and didn't have to train to unlock them. Its sort of my view on Superheroes overall and why I prefer characters closer to Anti-Heroes. Superman is trying to do a good thing, but his way doesn't seem practical in a world like this.

Back
Top Bottom