PC Good. Bad. I'm the Guy with the YoYo: The Terraria 1.3 Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
no windows 8 support? no windows 8 support;(
[DOUBLEPOST=1435185558,1435185508][/DOUBLEPOST]AND THE HYPE TRIAN HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've asked this question before,but I need the most accurate answer I can get. I need to ask, in the 1.3 Official Trailer, there is what is called Expert Mode. What I see is an advanced EoC and Skeletron. What I want to know is; Is Expert Mode a mode you can select or is it a level of difficulty unlocked after a certain something? Because EoC and Skeletron are early bosses, they must be part of a new difficulty core. If this is what Re-Logic desires, then I ought to suggest that Expert Mode be called Expert Core to avoid confusion. If Expert Mode is a mode unlocked after Harmode; May I ask why EoC and Skeletron have an advanced version? Does this mean the advanced versions of these early game bosses are going to be harder than our present Duke Fishron?

The way I understand it:
Expert Mode is a selectable mode that is based on the World, not on the Character.
In other words, the choice between Easycore, Mediumcore, or Hardcore is selected upon Character creation; The choice between Expert mode or "Regular" mode will be selectable upon World creation.

oh.my.freaking.arceus. the hype train is full steam ahead :cool::dryadcool::merchantcool:my :brain: = blown
you guys just upgraded my summer from best summer ever to it was the very best like no summer ever was!
oh yeah how do i download wallpapers and then put them up as the background for my computer?

Last edited:
I have such a feeling this update is going to be a lot bigger than any of us anticipated.
v1.1 added Hardmode to double the length of the game progression, added mechanics such as wiring and equipment mods, and roughly doubled the number of items (300 to 600).

v1.2 doubled the length of Hardmode, added mechanics such as alternate ores and the map, and almost TRIPLED the number of items (600 to 1600).

v1.2.1 through 1.2.4 further extended Hardmode, added mechanics such as fishing and marathon events, and almost doubled again the number of items (1600 to 2700).

Each major update has exponentially expanded the scope of the game. WE SHOULD HAVE ANTICIPATED THIS.

My most anticipated feature: Achievements, if only so I have an excuse to stop using map/inventory hacks for a while and play through the game from start to finish fairly again.

Space being the new endgame theme is also pretty awesome. Strange moons and other celestial events causing powerful monsters to spawn... the dismembered body parts of an elder god from beyond the stars... I feel like this has been foreshadowed since the beginning.

WHOA. I just watched the trailer for the 50th time and noticed something. The "solar pillar" around that boss? Well, the boss itself was shown in the different biomes, with different enemies for the different biomes, and the "solar pillar" may be titled something else for different biomes, AND I spotted "solar fragments" during the fight. This may mean that the boss in different biomes may have different servants and different drops. ALSO, while typing this, I realized that the cyber armor is blue and probably dropped by the martian madness enemies or the saucer, BUT it may be dropped from the solar pillar boss when fighting him in the ice biome, as he is blue and the servants around him have a very close resemblance to the cyber armor. That theory brings up another idea. If the cyber armor is obtained from the solar pillar boss in the ICE biome, and it appears that the solar armor (possible name) would be obtained from it in the overworld purity, are the others obtained from other biomes? It seems a likely explanation, as the plague doctor (Crowno) armor is purple and is a fit match for the corruption. If someone else has suggested this, or it is a known fact, please disregard, as I have not read all 43 pages of this thread.

After checking again, it would appear the ice biome I saw was actually the jungle biome, but my point remains valid. Also, the plague doctor armor was not what I meant to say, I was referring to the corruption-like armor 2nd from the left on crowno's concept art.

Last edited:
Good day Terrarians!

We have good news and bad news for you today. The bad news first - we simply did not have the time within the dev team to make a trailer video for 1.3. The good news? We happen to have a good friend in @Yrimir whom was willing to step up and work with us on the Official 1.3 Trailer video you see below!
kdcROYP.png

In an age of Darkness & a time of Evil...when the world needed a Hero...they got - you. With an array of new weapons, functionality, facelifts, and features at your disposal - will you be up to the challenges posed by the new foes in your path...as well as some old enemies that have learned some new tricks? In a week's time, all shall be made clear!

kdcROYP.png

We are roughly a week away from an update that the entire team has worked on tirelessly for months - and is now immensely proud to bring to our fans. We hope you have as much fun exploring all that 1.3 has to offer as we did in making it.

We do want to give our Mac and Linux Terrarians a quick update as well. Based upon current status and planning, the plan is that Mac/Linux will launch shortly after 1.3 - aiming for a launch within the month of July. This is being done to ensure the most stable Mac/Linux builds possible so that everyone has the best experience that we can provide.

Of course, we will do everything possible to make this time window as small as we can. We absolutely want the Terraria 1.3 goodness in the hands of our Mac and Linux folks ASAP! Stay tuned

See you next week! :joy:

For anyone that needs a new desktop wallpaper - enjoy this from our amazing Art Director, @Crowno:

can we get the cultistcloaks as vanity item from this new boss or event

The way I understand it:
Expert Mode is a selectable mode that is based on the World, not on the Character.
In other words, the choice between Easycore, Mediumcore, or Hardcore is selected upon Character creation; The choice between Expert mode or "Regular" mode will be selectable upon World creation.
Thanks a lot, I totally understand the concept now +1

Just when I thought there wouldn't be any more spoiler videos... BOOM!
tumblr_mdujyvE0jK1rnx3zuo1_500.png

Looking forward to use the fiery extendo sword thing :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Wait a minute. Look at the thumbnail and the official desktop background. There are 4 moons/planets right? In the video, we see solar pillar, with one of these moons/planets behind it. There were also 3 "pillars" shown in the video, each having a similar color to the desktop background/thumbnail. Something tells me we have to beat/destroy/summon all 4 of these pillars to awaken a boss. Either that or these are linked to something BIG. These might also be guarding the emblem/coin with "Cthulhu's" face on it, but I doubt it. This tells me that if we take all of these down, something will happen. We were not shown the pillar related to the green moon/planet, but we will find out in the next 5 days what these are related to.

Question from an admin when they get around.

The pirate ship observed during the invasion, Any chance it's called The Flying Dutchmen? ;)

Also my notes about the trailer:
- That boss from the Lunar Update appears to have a variance depending on what biome you're in/Possibly alternate summon options. Fire/Corrupt/Electrical versions were observed in the trailer, From the Forest, Corrupt, And Jungle biomes.
- The classic Starfury returns as the Star Wrath. (I'm more happy about this than you think), Other new weapons added such as the portal Gun.
- 800+ Items added into the game.
- Better Bugnets, Similar to pickaxes the upgrades affect the range/swing rate.
- Golden Bugs
- New materials, Marble for example displayed at the beginning with a bridge.
- New NPC's, Along with older ones being able to attack/have a unique ability. Examples include an NPC that attacks with a cane, The Dryad generating a damage field affecting enemies inside it, And the nurse healing herself in bursts of 20 hp.
- Functionality added to NPC'S, Such as Idle animations. (I recall a past post stating that all NPC's will now be capable of actually utilizing furniture in their houses)
- New biome underground, Enemies are all Elemental's suggesting it's another anti-Hallow biome. (It could be a biome that infects every single one in the game, Stronger than Crimson/Corruption)
- New underground housing variant, Appears to be full of webs. This could indicate it spawns near Spider Dens, Or in an entirely new biome itself. (Enemies like Medusa observed in said-new biome.)
- What appears to be a Crimson Variant of the Eater of Worlds observed very briefly.
- Pirate Invasion now spawns The Flying Dutchmen. (Ok that's not the confirmed name of the ship but just go with it. ;))
- The Flying Dutchmen can spawn pirates aswell as attack the player.
- GPS now builds into an even larger super accessory, Listing other things such as nearby chests, Number of enemies/rare enemies nearby.
- New mounts added.
- Expert Mode added, Bosses confirmed to have a unique ability. (Example: Eye of Cthulhu now attacks and moves roughly 250% faster now when enraged, Likely a similar effect before becoming enraged), Skeletron appears to have a similar ability.
- Bosses can now drop unique treasure, Unconfirmed if this loot is obtainable from all bosses or from a select few.
- Event leading to the Lunar Update appears to initiate, Or have something to do with the Dungeon.
- What appears to be an upgrade that enables either five additional Accessory Slots, Or a storage place for holding extra items.
- Camera Mode, I'd assume it takes screenshots of your base. Activated by utilizing the map
- STEAM INTEGRATION!, This was long overdue. On top of multiplayer being held through steam, Achievements were also added.
Uuuuh, you forgot the fact that we can now SAVE OUR CHARACTERS TO THE CLOUD!!! Now THAT is a feature long over due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom