NPCs & Enemies Granite Endurer

PTpirahna

Spazmatism
Multiplayer makes it a bit difficult to get Life Crystals, so why not make it a bit easier for hearts to be gotten? Granite enemies seem pretty tough, why not make one drop something to make you tough, too?

Granite Endurer
AI: Fighter
Max Life: 300/450 in expert
Defense: 24
Attack: 20
KB Resist: 100%

Drops:
10 Silver
Granite Heart (100%)

Granite Heart
"The delicious organs of a Granite Endurer"
Stacks to 99
Sells for 50 silver.
Increases maximum health by 20, up to 400.

Granite Heart Lantern
Stacks to 99
Sells for 25 silver.
Gives Heart Lantern buff while nearby, identical to a regular Heart Lantern. Does not stack with a conventional Heart Lantern.
Crafted with:
4 Chains
1 Granite Heart

Spawns rare enough to be notified about in the Lifeform Analyzer, and in the Granite Biome, and in prehardmode.

Consider it the Dungeon Slime of the underground.

Last edited:
So, it's bad because you are assuming developers can't correctly code something that they have already coded before in the form of 2 other items?

What details do I add? The suggestion is literally just an enemy and it drops an item that is a renewable clone of the Life Crystal.

So, it's bad because you are assuming developers can't correctly code something that they have already coded before in the form of 2 other items?

What details do I add? The suggestion is literally just an enemy and it drops an item that is a renewable clone of the Life Crystal.
adding an extra health item is unnecessary. it'll probably cause some sort of health glitch when its first being added, and even if they fix it, its bad enough that I have a chest clogged with useless lifefuits and heart crystals. lets not add a third health increasing item that will clog my chests late game.
oh, and what details could you add? how about, can it be used for heart lanterns?

adding an extra health item is unnecessary. it'll probably cause some sort of health glitch when its first being added, and even if they fix it, its bad enough that I have a chest clogged with useless lifefuits and heart crystals. lets not add a third health increasing item that will clog my chests late game.
oh, and what details could you add? how about, can it be used for heart lanterns?
Clogging your chests? At most they would probably only take 1-2 slots and you can sell them.

I think its a good idea. I never have too much problems with finding life crystals, but i don't play multiplayer. This would also add too making the granite biome feel more like an actual biome.

Clogging your chests? At most they would probably only take 1-2 slots and you can sell them.

I think its a good idea. I never have too much problems with finding life crystals, but i don't play multiplayer. This would also add too making the granite biome feel more like an actual biome.
no....It doesn't take up just one or two slots. try one or two chests.

Valid point. The whole suggestion is really for multiplayer, but it still does make the boring Ore Tier scoot by a little faster.

Why do you care about them clogging your chest? They still sell for a fairly high amount for an enemy drop so what is stopping you from selling them or even just ignoring the enemy? If you find even money worthless the trash can is always hiring.

Why do you care about them clogging your chest? They still sell for a fairly high amount for an enemy drop so what is stopping you from selling them or even just ignoring the enemy? If you find even money worthless the trash can is always hiring.
lifecrystals are pretty easy to find. make these an alterantive to life fruits.

no. just go underground until the nights over. the bosses cant spawn if you're underground

Similarly, I can just grind Life Crystals. But it takes far too long if you have multiple players eating them up. Why would the solution of this be to not play, rather than having the devs code a single enemy with Fighter AI that drops a renewable Heart Crystal? If the Dungeon Slime is allowed to exist, what's the difference between that and this?

Back
Top Bottom