Biomes & Nature Greenhouse

Termina Moon

Terrarian
I'd be surprised if I was the only one that had thought of this...

Any chance of having a 'greenhouse' biome, or something, where you can make a house mostly from glass and glass walls and when it's NPC ready, could there be some sort of buff that allows for faster plant growth? Just a thought. It would make a lot of sense, right?

That would be pretty nice, but could it be used on ice, sand, jungle grass, and mushroom grass for shiverthorn, waterleaf, moonglow, and glowing mushrooms respectively.

That would be pretty nice, but could it be used on ice, sand, jungle grass, and mushroom grass for shiverthorn, waterleaf, moonglow, and glowing mushrooms respectively.

Sounds like a good idea to me. It wouldn't be game breaking in any way, would it? I can't see it having a negative impact on the progression or anything...

That's good, a special biome for plant farming. But, what does this biome look? Also, will it provide a special plant growth service with fast-grown? I mean, just speeding the growth process isn't enaugh for this biome, I think it should provide extra things. For example; double loot from farming, or everytime-blooming would make this one very useful biome. Oh, I almost forget to say, the mobs killed in this biome may have a %5 chance of dropping a Herb Bag, just trying to improve this great idea!

You've got some good ideas there! Not sure what kind of background it could have, maybe it could look the same as whatever biome you're in, but have the aforementioned benefits. Or I'm confident the guys at Re-Logic would come up with some great art for it. Perhaps the music could change to let you know you did it right as well. Maybe even have a gardener NPC that moves in? :)

A special biome may not be needed, per se. Maybe a valid house with glass walls would be sufficient for triggering this?

I'd be surprised if I was the only one that had thought of this...

Any chance of having a 'greenhouse' biome, or something, where you can make a house mostly from glass and glass walls and when it's NPC ready, could there be some sort of buff that allows for faster plant growth? Just a thought. It would make a lot of sense, right?
This is a really confusing suggestion. What your saying is if you make a house entirely out of glass it'll make plants grow faster?

Faster plant growth is honestly something that sounds like it'd be OP, but in all truth, it'd really just be a Quality of Life change. Being able to farm faster with a greenhouse would be really helpful.

I mean, I guess, but what are the requirements? It would be pretty difficult to code it so that having a house made out of glass has this effect.
Well, for the biome to exist these conditions must be met:
-The player/plant is in a closed room
-There are at least 150 glass walls and blocks
-The player/plant is in front of a glass wall
All those 3 conditions already are in the game code and ready to use.

Back
Top Bottom