Items Hallowed Ore

Dapling

Duke Fishron
This is a small(ish) change that I thought of, and would give an actual reason for the Adamantite/Titanium pickaxe/drill to exist.

Mechanical bosses no longer drop hallowed bars. Instead, the first kill of that each boss spawns a new "hallowed ore" throughout the Cavern layer in a similar way to the three ores before it, which can only be mined with adamantite/titanium tools minimum. Doing this would add more building possibilities, as it means we could get hallowed brick (plus, who doesn't want that beautiful combination of white and yellow for building with?) and also would give a purpose to some tools that are currently a complete and utter waste of the ore required. You could also make it so that crates can give hallowed ore/bars after killing a mech boss, just as an alternative.

Last edited:
It sounds great, but it would be good to offer alternative methods of aquiring it too, like though fishing. so you could avoid smashing altars, if you don't want to smash them.

I definitelly would be interested in trying to build with hallowed bricks too.

It sounds great, but it would be good to offer alternative methods of aquiring it too, like though fishing. so you could avoid smashing altars, if you don't want to smash them.
You could also make it so that crates can give hallowed ore/bars after killing a mech boss, but that might be a bit overkill.
I actually did propose a fishing method at the very end, and technically the ore spawns after a mechanical boss kill, which can still be summoned without breaking an altar if you craft the summons.

I actually did propose a fishing method at the very end, and technically the ore spawns after a mechanical boss kill, which can still be summoned without breaking an altar if you craft the summons.
Yes, but you added "but that might be a bit overkill." - I don't think it would be that.

And yes, mech bosses can be summoned with items, in fact, it's much more convinient to summon them that way instead of waiting them to attack on their own. So it's better in a way to not smash altars. (also, an early hardmode pirate invasion can be a huge pain)
That's why it would be good, if there would be alternative ways of aquiring them...

Yes, but you added "but that might be a bit overkill." - I don't think it would be that.

And yes, mech bosses can be summoned with items, in fact, it's much more convinient to summon them that way instead of waiting them to attack on their own. So it's better in a way to not smash altars. (also, an early hardmode pirate invasion can be a huge pain)
That's why it would be good, if there would be alternative ways of aquiring them...
I edited the post so the fishing thing is no longer extremely underconfident. :D

I'm unsure what you mean by an alternative method if you're taking the fact that breaking demon altars isn't necessary into account. Could you maybe give an example or something?

I edited the post so the fishing thing is no longer extremely underconfident. :D

I'm unsure what you mean by an alternative method if you're taking the fact that breaking demon altars isn't necessary into account. Could you maybe give an example or something?
Okay XD

What I mean, you can aquire early hardmode ores from crates as an alternative method to aquire them that does not requires smashing altars. although it's very tedious to fish so much. (mods might offer other ways too though)

But so, if you fish for them, you can avoid smashing altars for the ores, and thus avoid the pain that comes with smashing altars, like creating new pockets of crimson/corruption/hallow, and having the pirates and the mech bosses attack on their own at random. pirates especially can be a huge pain if you're not prepared.

This is not a bad idea, though how much ore will spawn and will it stop spawning more after killing a certain number of bosses? Also how much ore will it cost per bar?

Also I think hallowed armour should get a buff as currently it's barely any better than Adamantite, and with this idea you need to actually go out of your way to collect the bars instead of just being handed them.

In my opinion, I would rather have small patches of hallowed ore (like demonite ore underground, but not as little) because a lot of hardmode with the 3 ores + chlorophyte require a lot of mining to get, and I feel like hallowed bars from mechanical bosses is a nice break from farming so you can just enjoy your accomplishment of killing another boss.

hallowed bars are already hard to get,plus that would make hallowed bars non-renewable
They really aren't. The Mech bosses are some of the easiest in the game to both summon and defeat. Plus, you could make it as common as orichalcum/mythril after three altar breaks and it wouldn't be hard to find. If there was hallowed ore, it would actually reduce grinding because you don't have to consume your precious iron on summons.

Also, the idea for hallowed bars getting added to post-mech crates would make them still renewable.

Last edited:
I like this idea. It makes the adamantite/titanium tools more useful. The only thing is that that is a lot of ores in a space. It could be kinda crowded. That is the only thing

They really aren't. The Mech bosses are some of the easiest in the game to both summon and defeat. Plus, you could make it as common as orichalcum/mythril after three altar breaks and it wouldn't be hard to find. If there was hallowed ore, it would actually reduce grinding because you don't have to consume your precious iron on summons.

Also, the idea for hallowed bars getting added to post-mech crates would make them still renewable.
Meh okay I guess,the battle difficulty depends on the player's skills

This is a small(ish) change that I thought of, and would give an actual reason for the Adamantite/Titanium pickaxe/drill to exist.

Mechanical bosses no longer drop hallowed bars. Instead, the first kill of that each boss spawns a new "hallowed ore" throughout the Cavern layer in a similar way to the three ores before it, which can only be mined with adamantite/titanium tools minimum. Doing this would add more building possibilities, as it means we could get hallowed brick (plus, who doesn't want that beautiful combination of white and yellow for building with?) and also would give a purpose to some tools that are currently a complete and utter waste of the ore required. You could also make it so that crates can give hallowed ore/bars after killing a mech boss, just as an alternative.

Okay, that is what you call a good idea. Probably unintentionally, you're also making vanilla and Calamity mods more similar, as various bosses in Calamity spawn ores in the Underground and Cavern layers when they are defeated, rather than dropping it themselves. Hallowed equipment, in my opinion, is a lot easier to get than it should be, and that is a problem.

Oh, yes. I was wondering that too, but post-mechanical boss crates containing hallowed bars is a good point. I'd never have thought of that.

Before we get into too much detail, let's think about the basics. How do you make it into bars, for example.

Like the idea

Back
Top Bottom