Items Hardmode Consumable Weapons

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
These are just my ideas for upgraded versions of throwable Ranged consumable items that are useful in Hardmode, excluding the large variety of explosive Grenade upgrades I posted in another thread. I mean, seriously, why not? Some people might want to use consumable weapons in Hardmode, especially considering the reduced ammo consumption bonuses you get from armor.

Without further ado, here they are:

(Sprites on the left are the originals by me. The ones on the right are by Brutallama.)

Kunai.png
index.php

Kunai
A Hardmode Throwing Knife.
30 Ranged damage
2 Penetration
16 Use Time (3.8 uses/second)
50% Recovery rate
*Bought from the Merchant for 1 Silver apiece. (Hardmode only)

Venom Kunai.png
index.php

Venom Kunai
A Hardmode Poisoned Knife.
35 Ranged damage
2 Penetration
16 Use Time
50% Recovery rate
*Inflicts Venom debuff for 1-8 seconds.
Recipe:
Kunai.png
Kunai (x20)
Spider_Fang.png
Spider Fang
By hand. Recipe makes 20.

Soulslasher.png
Soulslasher II.png
index.php
index.php

Soulslasher
An endgame consumable throwing weapon.
*Flies straight until it hits a wall or enough enemies, then transforms into a second form.
*Second form does 20% less damage, but can fly through walls like they were air.
45 Ranged damage
3 Penetration (1st form)
1 Penetration (2nd form)
14 Use Time (4.3 uses/second)
*50% chance not to be consumed.
Recipe:
Throwing_Knife.png
Throwing Knife (x100)
Ectoplasm.png
Ectoplasm
@ a Hardmode Anvil. Recipe makes 100.

Eh. Only three ideas so far, but still.

I will be updating this thread as I come up with more ideas. Feedback is appreciated as always!

Last edited:
Couldn't help but notice that the Kunai is another Japanese thing sold by the Traveling Merchant... ;)

Oops, better get on the subject. Beetle Husks are another candidate material that tend to accumulate, so might we be seeing these in throwable weapon form?

Couldn't help but notice that the Kunai is another Japanese thing sold by the Traveling Merchant... ;)
Regular Merchant. :p
Beetle Husks are another candidate material that tend to accumulate, so might we be seeing these in throwable weapon form?
I thought of that. The conflict is if I should have Shroomite Shurikens and Beetle Kunai, or Scarab Shurikens and Shroomite Kunai - because I'm gunning for a trio of endgame consumables - and then there's the matter of making sprites for them.

Regular Merchant. :p

I thought of that. The conflict is if I should have Shroomite Shurikens and Beetle Kunai, or Scarab Shurikens and Shroomite Kunai - because I'm gunning for a trio of endgame consumables - and then there's the matter of making sprites for them.
D'oh... so easy to forget that the regular Merchant exists, I've only used him for the Piggy Bank.

Well, for your trio of endgame weapons, splitting seems like a Shroomite thing, so that would fit a four-bladed Shuriken. And homing feels like a property that would fit beetles, but do they have to be kunai? Needles are also fine as throwing weapons. And "Beetle Needles" has a ring to it.

This is something that's been needed for a while, I support this fully!
The only thing I'm a bit confused with is the range of the Soulslasher. Does it have the arc of a normal throwing knife, or does it essentially travel horizontally for an indefinite distance?

Well, for your trio of endgame weapons, splitting seems like a Shroomite thing, so that would fit a four-bladed Shuriken. And homing feels like a property that would fit beetles, but do they have to be kunai? Needles are also fine as throwing weapons. And "Beetle Needles" has a ring to it.
What about Scarab Shurikens that home and a Shroomite Kunai which splits apart?

Needles are only a good throwing weapon if your throwing them at balloons. :p

The only thing I'm a bit confused with is the range of the Soulslasher. Does it have the arc of a normal throwing knife, or does it essentially travel horizontally for an indefinite distance?
The latter. They keep fly straight until they disappear.

Maybe Scarab Shurikens could act as a sort of Beenade/Scourge of the Corruptor crossover, splitting into four homing projectiles. Or they could just act like the Razorblade Typhoon. The nice thing is that Beetle Husks don't have a theme for their attack pattern yet, because there are no Beetle weapons. (Yet.) So we have some freedom.

What about a Spiky Scarab-Beetle Ball that swarms enemies with beetles when they step on it?

Though small, nice sprites.
I don't ever use consumable weapons because I'm an item hoarding OCD nut, but that's no reason not to like this. :)
Actually, it IS a reason to like this. More items to hoard.
solididea2.gif

I got a silly idea, exploding bowling ball:

Exploding Bowling Ball:
57 Ranged Damage
No penetration: Explodes, doing damage to other enemies like rockets.
Use time: 30
Crafting:
Cannonball, dynamite.

I don't have a sprite, but this is the fastest idea I could think of.

Support!
Other ideas:
  • Poison Kunai (Inflicts Poison)
  • Cursed Kunai (Inflicts Cursed Flames)
  • Ichor Kunai (Inflicts Ichor)
  • Nanite Kunai (Inflicts Confusion)
  • Explosive Kunai (Explodes in impact)

The Soul-Slasher should be Life-Steal. Nice ideas! 9/10. Also Cursed/Ichor Kunai could be added along with... Confetti Knifes :D

Spiky ball upgrade?
Also, 100+1 ectoplasm? Can you just make it like, 33 or something? They shouldn't be that cheap.

Spiky ball upgrade?
Spiky Balls are quite hard to get end-game. If they were added they you have to be Late-Pre HM. Maybe a Ball of Gold which makes enemies drop more gold. Crafted withh 50 Spikey Balls and 1 Gold Bar.

Spiky Balls are quite hard to get end-game. If they were added they you have to be Late-Pre HM. Maybe a Ball of Gold which makes enemies drop more gold. Crafted withh 50 Spikey Balls and 1 Gold Bar.
You can just buy spiky balls from the goblin, how are they hard to get?

Back
Top Bottom