Items Hardmode Dungeon Overhaul

Is it good?

• Total voters
This idea is okay but then u have to search for more materials in the dungeon and find some essences then go kill ghost things to get ectoplasm. Its pretty hectic if ur out of those stuff. I would rather get it in one go. But its a good suggestion.

I think a bigger problem with the dungeon isn't that it is an RNG-fest, rather it is a farm-fest. Once you clean out the dungeon in Pre-HM (which is still good fun), it is just an empty husk of nothingness. It remains that when you return to it in HardMode and there is nothing to do but kill new enemies.

While I agree with this suggestion generally, what I think needs to happen first is to give people more incentive to roam the Dungeon instead of "hide over a ceiling, place Nimbus clouds and wait'. To do this, the following things could be required:

- Simplified generation. Right now, the generation of the Dungeon interferes with the arena style it is trying to present in HardMode by clogging up mob spawns in comparison to a quickly prepared farming box. I don't care if the dungeon ends up being proper big and slightly different boxes connected by simple tunnels, the experience would probably either remain the same or even better.

- Traps to discourage camping. The flaming wheel is just useless, end of. The spikes are an environmental hazard until one decides to mine them away. Spiky balls are really the only threat and was a big one back in 1.1. But they are really rare now. The thing is with the wheel and balls is that they are actually invincible enemies/entities. New 'traps' could include:
- An entity that spawns armour-ignoring blackout-inducing homing wisps. These homing wisps have an unpredictable movement pattern but have let's say 100 health and can be destroyed. The entity that spawns them does so slowly, but it will still be a large threat to the slow or confident. Since this entity spawns like enemies, moving to another place will eventually de-spawn the trap. Bam, you've just stopped farming.
- An entity that beams continuous lasers with high range (a good 150 feet until stopped by a block) and spirals in a circle. Can be an issue for those that don't like cover. Inflicts On Fire!, 10 seconds.
- An entity that shoots block-ignoring lasers (alike the Golem, but slightly slower velocity) at a very slow, yet still dangerous rate. These lasers will be the doom of those that want to hide, but can still be dodged if a player is agile. Inflicts Broken Armour, 25 seconds.
- An entity that shoots clouds of one of the following: Poison; Venom; Ice encasing in random places in a 100feet radius and inflicts the respective debuff. These clouds last for 5 seconds and another will be deployed when it dissipates. The entity does not cycle through the three choices randomly, instead it picks one and sticks with that one until it despawns.
- A support entity that, rather than trying to kill the player, links up with a random enemy and can provide one of the following benefits: Health recovery (20% health/second) (up to 3 enemies linked, red), Damage boost (50% boost) (up to 2 enemies, black), Defence boost (50% boost) (up to 2 enemies, blue), Speed boost (50% boost to movement) (up to 2 enemies, green) and Invulnerability (one enemy, yellow). The links are indicated with a line respective to the colour of the benefit and have a range of 50 feet and the link it broken if the enemy exists the range. The entity randomly picks targets to link up with every ten seconds, however a broken link does not recover until the 10 second refresh threshold is met.

A good thing to note is that these traps could actually be enemies instead, but the beautiful thing about these special traps is that they can't be prevented or destroyed. If they could, it would just be alike the massive flop of an attempt of traps in the Lizhard temple.

- And finally, respawning chests. All of the gold locked chests should be placed on a designated special and unbreakable altar. Once hardmode hits, there is a chance that a new type of chest spawns on one of these altars if the gold chest is already taken. There can only be one of these special chests at a time and it requires a new key dropped by dungeon enemies to open. To further prevent potential easy looting, opening the chests could initiate a mini-boss, whether it be a Paladin or something completely new. To make the loot convincing, it could have uncraftable items such as a 200hp healing pot, or even crafting materials for the Dungeon loot.

I am of the assumption that the Hardmode Dungeon is not, and cannot, be destined for a place of exploration. Therefore, it would be better if we just created an intense, constant and fluid experience.

I made this for this awesome suggestion:

UsE3tVm.png

CZ6JdqX.png

Hmm not really a fan of this... There isn't much need for this outside of a few outliers(*cough* caster weapons *cough*) I haven't really had a a problem with the hardmode dungeon. And these problems could be solved in easier less obnoxious ways. Additionally "crafting most of these with ectoplasm feels out of place... Tactical shotgun? Sniper rifle... really?
no suport

Less drop rate and I have to say that when i farm the dungeon I farm it for all the loot, thus breaking RNG

Sure it does.
why?
It is a pic of a pre-1.2 dungeon, and this suggestion is about hardmode dungeon (which like you know.. implemented in 1.2)
So i find it weird that a pic that have "Hardmode Dungeon Overhaul" is a pre-1.2 pic

why?
It is a pic of a pre-1.2 dungeon, and this suggestion is about hardmode dungeon (which like you know.. implemented in 1.2)
So i find it weird that a pic that have "Hardmode Dungeon Overhaul" is a pre-1.2 pic
Well it's dungeon nonetheless so I think it's OK. Oh well.

why?
Makes sense. I also find the 1.2 dungeon cooler in asthetic if you ask me ;)

The items should not have a 100% drop rate. If you are in the dungeon just trying to kill things having them drops all the time it would get annoying your inventory would get filed with them. I would make the drops rates happen double maybe triple the usual drop for the item.

Back
Top Bottom