Portfolio/Multi-Topic Hardmode Overhaul (Kill the Wall of Flesh without consequences!)

Is this an improvement over vanilla worldgen schemes?

• Yes! I can keep building my house without any Wandering Eyes wrecking me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh? I don't think this would change things much.

• Never! This is a terrible idea! (Please explain why)

• Total voters

The Perspirator

Terrarian
It is ubiquitously known that once you defeat the Wall, there's no going back.
But what if you didn't have to go in immediately?

...What if you could spare your world? :D
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
Before I explain how this works, I must initially elaborate that this whole suggestion will be based on the Wall of Flesh dropping a new item (only one, 100% chance) called the Seal Breaker
35152-39080dec756172317d733bdafbc941a2.jpg
Upon use, it activates Hardmode within the world. This means that you can get things like the Laser Rifle or Avenger Emblem without having to cope with the astronomically raised difficulty.

That way, you can be even more of a God in Pre-HM!

But what happens upon activation of HM?

Terraria Map Theory (Put in Draft!).png

This is extremely generalized, so sorry for my poor art skills, but basically this will happen upon the activation of HM.
Upon activation, you can cross the other half of the ocean into a re-made Evil Biome, on one side the Corruption and the other the Crimson. (Yay, we can get Golden Shower every world!)

Strips of Hallow will generate on the Edges of the Land to help newbs contain the new Evil Biomes.

|-----------------------------------------------------------------|

-Weapon Balances-
~Cursed Flames
Everyone knows about the easy-to-make, borderline-useless magic item vaguely upgrading Flower of Fire.

How can we fix this? Let's learn a lesson or two from Spazmatism.

Cursed_Flames.png
Cursed Flames (unchanged)
Damage 35
Knockback 6.5
Max stack 1
Mana 12
Velocity 10
Rarity
Use time
19 (Very Fast)
How about we change this to a functionality similar to Spazmatism's Flamethrower(second form)

Cursed_Flames.png
Cursed Flames (modified)
Damage 33
Knockback 6.5
Max stack 1
Mana 3
Velocity 10
Rarity
Use time
8 (Insanely Fast)
Fires 3 bursts of Spazmatism's Flamethrower. Inflicts Cursed Inferno.

Alt: This can be dropped with a different name from Spazmitism upon death(33.3% chance)

Attachments

• Seal_Breaker.png
    Seal_Breaker.png
    413 bytes · Views: 200
Last edited:
why not make it so you break the seal with the seal breaker and it says "You have unleashed the ancient light and dark upon your world" and then it goes into hardmode so you can have it become hardmode when you are ready

I don't know if its you or me, but I don't really get it. It makes a backup of your world?
Another world is made in your Worlds folder. It is identical to the world that the Seal Breaker was activated in, aside from the Hardmode worldgen and a complete lack of player change. It is essentially doing the same world again but in Hardmode.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425764156][/DOUBLEPOST]
why not make it so you break the seal with the seal breaker and it says "You have unleashed the ancient light and dark upon your world" and then it goes into hardmode so you can have it become hardmode when you are ready
I also have considered that.

Hmm... so you can keep building your Barbie Dream House without Wandering Eyes and Skeletron Prime smashing you every night?
Um you can still build easily in hardmode and skeletron takes a long time before showing up like "Hey remember when you took my dungeon? I WANT IT BACK!"

Back
Top Bottom