Help out a Newbie?

Scarlet Hunter

Retinazer
I have no idea how to implement mods in any way, shape, or form. I have downloaded a couple. Is TModLoader required, or is there another way? How does it all work? I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

I have no idea how to implement mods in any way, shape, or form. I have downloaded a couple. Is TModLoader required, or is there another way? How does it all work? I will be grateful for any help you can provide.
Really depends on what type of mod.

Standalone Mods are mods that basically replace or add to base Terraria without the use of a mod loader, the mod replaces the vanilla

Mod Loader Mods are mods that require a mod loader, which the mod loader is a Standalone Mod. Mod Loader Mods are more expansive since you can load mods into the mod loader.

tModLoader is a standalone mod that is a mod loader. This is required for most mods since they use tModLoader's hooks to implement their code. To get mods, you can either download them manually and install by moving the .mod file to "C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods" or through the Mod Browser built into tModLoader.

Really depends on what type of mod.

Standalone Mods are mods that basically replace or add to base Terraria without the use of a mod loader, the mod replaces the vanilla

Mod Loader Mods are mods that require a mod loader, which the mod loader is a Standalone Mod. Mod Loader Mods are more expansive since you can load mods into the mod loader.

tModLoader is a standalone mod that is a mod loader. This is required for most mods since they use tModLoader's hooks to implement their code. To get mods, you can either download them manually and install by moving the .mod file to "C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods" or through the Mod Browser built into tModLoader.

Okay, thanks! I will need Mod Loader for the mods I found, looks like.

Sorry guys, I'm well aware that this isn't the right place to ask, but I decided to anyways because everyone here is so helpful. Even if you can't answer my question, could you please point me to some people who could? My mod has been growing and growing, but with all of my custom boss music, my mod has gotten too big to be published on the mod browser. I was wondering if anyone here knew how to make a standalone mod with it's own .exe, so that people can actually play my mod? Thanks for your time!

I've been trying to do that, but I can't find where you create a new thread. Could you please tell me where you create a thread?

Find the proper forum. (In this case, here.)
Then, look in the top-right for the button that says "Post New Thread." Click it, and you have yourself a thread!

Back
Top Bottom