Mobile HELP! "The save file ****.player was created with a new version of terraria and could not be loaded"

ShadowFireX

Terrarian
Whenever I load up terraria on my 12GB Kindle Fire HD i get this error! "The save file ****.player was created with a new version of terraria and could not be loaded"
A watched a video on how to fix it by finding this file, "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid, but i cant find it! I have used 2 different file explorer apps and no avail. Please reply ASAP, because terraria is my life XD.

Edit: Also, its not the demo it is the full paid version of terraria

Last edited:
Whenever I load up terraria on my 12GB Kindle Fire HD i get this error! "The save file ****.player was created with a new version of terraria and could not be loaded"
A watched a video on how to fix it by finding this file, "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid, but i cant find it! I have used 2 different file explorer apps and no avail. Please reply ASAP, because terraria is my life XD.

Edit: Also, its not the demo it is the full paid version of terraria
Hi there @ShadowFireX, I'm sorry to say that I've never heard of anyone getting their game file back once this happens. I don't know why it happens, but I've seen other reports of this.

One theory is that if you're messing with the device's clock - like changing the time and date to be in the future so that you can bypass timed events on other games (such as opening a chest or getting extra lives in so-and-so game) could contribute to Terraria thinking your character version and device version aren't the same. That's never been confirmed or verified though, just a theory.

In any case, hopefully you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Hi there @ShadowFireX, I'm sorry to say that I've never heard of anyone getting their game file back once this happens. I don't know why it happens, but I've seen other reports of this.

One theory is that if you're messing with the device's clock - like changing the time and date to be in the future so that you can bypass timed events on other games (such as opening a chest or getting extra lives in so-and-so game) could contribute to Terraria thinking your character version and device version aren't the same. That's never been confirmed or verified though, just a theory.

In any case, hopefully you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
ok thank you for the information, so i guess all my shadow armor is lost :/ but if somehow 505 games fixes this error and/or comes up with a solution, please nofity me :D

Edit: Also i am going to buy the PC version soon, so i guess i will be starting over anyway! XD

Back
Top Bottom