Mobile Help with transferring data on mobile

Solgaleo36

Terrarian
Hello. For the longest time I’ve stuck with my old iPad 2. However, I acquired a 7th generation iPad. I’ve finally decided it was time to dust off the painfully slow guy and transfer all of my huge worlds and great stuff from the iPad 2 to the iPad 7th generation. I don’t know how I’d go about this process though. I’d absolutely hate to have all my stuff gone as I am unable to transfer my files. I know my brother lost all his great stuff to the removal of cloud saves which came out of the blue so suddenly. I’d hate to suffer the same. Worst case scenario I’d like to be able to take all my stuff from one world to another via multiplayer. Can someone help?

Hello. For the longest time I’ve stuck with my old iPad 2. However, I acquired a 7th generation iPad. I’ve finally decided it was time to dust off the painfully slow guy and transfer all of my huge worlds and great stuff from the iPad 2 to the iPad 7th generation. I don’t know how I’d go about this process though. I’d absolutely hate to have all my stuff gone as I am unable to transfer my files. I know my brother lost all his great stuff to the removal of cloud saves which came out of the blue so suddenly. I’d hate to suffer the same. Worst case scenario I’d like to be able to take all my stuff from one world to another via multiplayer. Can someone help?
Hi there @Solgaleo36, I transfer players and worlds between my iPad and iPhone all the time. Once you know where to find the player and world files on your device, it’s just as easy as moving files around on a computer. You can transfer them many ways - manually put a copy in your iCloud Drive, AirDrop them from one device to another (this is what I do), even email the files to yourself (you’ll have a copy of the files in your email if you ever need them). However you want to transfer the files is up to you.

Open up your Files app. In the folder On My <Device> > Terraria > Players is where you’ll find your .plr files. And in the Worlds file are your .wld files. I recommend making a copy of both of these folders straight off and keep them stored in a safe spot on your device.

Here is more info:
Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Local File Structure, Explained
Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for iOS

Hi there @Solgaleo36, I transfer players and worlds between my iPad and iPhone all the time. Once you know where to find the player and world files on your device, it’s just as easy as moving files around on a computer. You can transfer them many ways - manually put a copy in your iCloud Drive, AirDrop them from one device to another (this is what I do), even email the files to yourself (you’ll have a copy of the files in your email if you ever need them). However you want to transfer the files is up to you.

Open up your Files app. In the folder On My <Device> > Terraria > Players is where you’ll find your .plr files. And in the Worlds file are your .wld files. I recommend making a copy of both of these folders straight off and keep them stored in a safe spot on your device.

Here is more info:
Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Local File Structure, Explained
Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for iOS

Thanks. It’s an old IPad, I think it can only support 1.2 and hasn’t been updated to 1.3. Are the files still on your device? Can you still get them on your device? My device does not support 1.3 and so I am completely unable to update it to 1.3. My brother also was unable to get his files onto his phone from cloud save. Is there anything he’s able to do about that?

Thanks. It’s an old IPad, I think it can only support 1.2 and hasn’t been updated to 1.3. Are the files still on your device? Can you still get them on your device? My device does not support 1.3 and so I am completely unable to update it to 1.3. My brother also was unable to get his files onto his phone from cloud save. Is there anything he’s able to do about that?
Ah, I see. I’m sorry to say that I believe the files will be inaccessible if the device cannot be upgraded to Terraria 1.3. There’s no way to get them, whether they are on the cloud or locally saved.

That was a decision made by the previous developers of the mobile version, and the limitations of that is one of the reasons why the current developers, DR Studios, decided it would be better to have the player and world files completely accessible in 1.3. I’m sorry I don’t have better news.

What all of my data achieving five terrablades
Ah, I see. I’m sorry to say that I believe the files will be inaccessible if the device cannot be upgraded to Terraria 1.3. There’s no way to get them, whether they are on the cloud or locally saved.

That was a decision made by the previous developers of the mobile version, and the limitations of that is one of the reasons why the current developers, DR Studios, decided it would be better to have the player and world files completely accessible in 1.3. I’m sorry I don’t have better news.
are you kidding me I had over 5 TERRA BLADES On my old iPad that I can’t transfer data to apparently. I have done so much and the amount of progress I made was amazing all I have left to do is beat duke fishron and you’re telling me it’s all gone?

Back
Top Bottom