• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Help

Starlane

Skeletron Prime
I've been trying to make a few contraptions, but I need a way to automatically create and destroy blocks, similarly to how an actuator works. I need a way to get sand to drain at activation.

Stahn Aileron

Terrarian
May I make a suggestion: could you make the thread title a LITTLE more descriptive?

I don't recall a way for block destruction to work in an automated fashion. The only thing that I can think of for sand is to place a door, open it, and placing sand on the open section. When the door gets activated, it will fully clear and let the sand fall. The problem is you can only have 1-2 contiguous columns of sand "actuated" this way.

Starlane

Skeletron Prime
I just need a way to control the sand falling. I have a 1 block channel I'm trying to control the flow of sand into. So, that door method will probably work, and I will try it now.
[doublepost=1532800000,1532799447][/doublepost]It works perfectly! Now to fin out if there's a way to automatically purify or corrupt blocks...

Stahn Aileron

Terrarian
[...] Now to fin out if there's a way to automatically purify or corrupt blocks...
Other than the passive world spread? Not that I'm aware of. Other than the world spread, Re-Logic made it so that world editing of that scale more or less has to be player-induced. The only other exception besides hallow and corruption/crimson spread is meteor strikes. (Though there is a workaround for meteor prevention.)

Corrupting, Crimsoning, or Hallowing blocks is easy enough (passive function of the game in HM), but purification isn't as all methods are player-actions. (Powders and the Clentaminator.)

Darkstar01

Official Terrarian
Cobwebs can hold up pillars of sand, so knocking them out with a projectile, such as from a dart trap, could also work, depending on your needs.

Top Bottom