NPCs & Enemies Hermit Crabs

Pinelord

Official Terrarian
I'm fairly sure that this has already been made before, but I was working on my own hermit crab suggestion before the last one I saw suddenly appeared. So, with that now out of the way, on to the crabs!

Hermit Crab
crab.png

Health: 2,000
Damage: 65
Defense: 50
Drops:
100% Hermit Shell
Hermit Shell.png

The hermit crab is a rare post-Plantera enemy, about as rare as an ice golem, that only spawns in the rain at the ocean. It shoots out 3 bubbles that do 50 damage each at you every 4 seconds. The crab itself isn't very fast however and has slow firing speed. You can use its shells to make hermit armor.

Hermit Armor
Hermit Armor.png

Recipes:
Helmet: 1
Hermit Shell.png
+ 15
Hallowed_Bar.png

Breastplate: 1
Hermit Shell.png
+ 25
Hallowed_Bar.png

Leggings: 1
Hermit Shell.png
+ 20
Hallowed_Bar.png

This armor is mainly for people who play as summoner and aren't as good at dodging, but at the cost of damage.

Helmet: 10 defense, +1 minion capacity
Breastplate: 11 defense, +1 minion capacity
Leggings: 10 defense, +1 minion capacity
Set Bonus: +2% minion damage and +1 defense for every enemy on your screen. Bonus stops at 10.

Last edited:
YO, this actually sounds godlike. It could help people who are doing Summoner+Melee characters. Maybe he should have like 2,000 health or something. It is a Post-plantera so he could use some more health.

Holy butts Support +

YO, this actually sounds godlike. It could help people who are doing Summoner+Melee characters. Maybe he should have like 2,000 health or something. It is a Post-plantera so he could use some more health.

Holy butts Support +
Okay. Also, godlike as in good or overpowered?

Okay. Also, godlike as in good or overpowered?
Both depending on how you use it. With enough preparation, someone could make a machinery that spawns 10 Slime/Crab so it meets the Defense quota, making the Golem fight pretty good.

Lovin that sweet armors design. I think he should have something like, at least one more, maybe rare drop, not something too big but something that makes people want to go for it.
OG Knuckles approves.

Lovin that sweet armors design. I think he should have something like, at least one more, maybe rare drop, not something too big but something that makes people want to go for it.
OG Knuckles approves.
I'd rather not for RNG reasons, but I can give the shells another use that I was thinking of. Not telling though.

Support! After killing one, there should be little hermit crab Critters that you can put in a Terrarium. Or have the enemy drop a summoning item for a hermit crab pet.

Back
Top Bottom