Blocks & Decoration Hologram Projectors

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
If you want a "fake biome," there's two things you can use:
  • Music Boxes to change the music
  • Water Fountains to change the water
But it still won't be perfectly convincing because of the background. For example, if you put the Hallow Music Box and Water Fountain in a Corruption biome, you will still see the dreary Corruption background, ruining the illusion of the fake Hallow biome.

Enter the Hologram Projector, a placeable device that changes the background for any player near it. Not only could it enable the creation of false biomes, it could also allow for the "unique" backgrounds that are chosen on world creation (such as the cliffs-and-plains, floating-waterfalls, and alpine-valley backgrounds of the Forest biome) to be applied to worlds that lack them.

If craftable, could involve Lenses and Stained Glass. Could also just be sold like the other two (the Cyborg seems most appropriate for this).

Yes! This, very much! I'm currently working on a massive bone bridge between my corruption mountain and my (artificial) crimson biome. But the bridge is so big that it leaves both biomes, giving me a lousy unthreatening forest in the background as I walk among a pile of bones. Needles to say that this bothers me greatly.

I feel that the hologram projector should include the music and water-colour change. Maybe they can be crafted using the music and statue for the biome, plus a few other extra materials.

This is a really great idea! I hate some of the biome backgrounds, and being able to change them would be awesome!

Why not just place corrupt/crimson blocks? Does the same thing...
Allow me the liberty of rephrasing your question.
"Why use a Corrupt Fountain/Music Box instead of just placing down the blocks? They do the same thing."

Allow me the liberty of rephrasing your question.
"Why use a Corrupt Fountain/Music Box instead of just placing down the blocks? They do the same thing."

I'm under the impression that rewording my post was pointless as they both say and mean the same thing.

I'm under the impression that rewording my post was pointless as they both say and mean the same thing.
Here's the point I was trying to make: These substitutes exist for a reason, and the idea that placing the blocks and using the Fountains/Music Boxes do the same thing is false.

Allow me to elaborate. The primary practical problem that comes up is that NPCs won't live anywhere with too many Corrupt/Crimson blocks nearby, but some people like the "evil" air of those two biomes. Another problem is that Corrupt/Crimson blocks invite the spawning of their respective enemies, which is nuisance.

Sounds cool to use. Should be sold by the cyborg in my opinion, would give him a larger shop.
Support Badge.png

I could make a corrupt biome look like purity?
ERMEGERD I WONT NEED TO CLEAN ANY CRAP UP ANY MORE.
YES.

Back
Top Bottom