Short Story Home Lost

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
This is just a little story I wrote based off a little continuity idea I had. It's really unpolished, so I apologize.

Celeste sits at her table, fingers interlocked in front of her. Electrolyte walks over to her and puts a hand on her shoulder.
"Is something wrong, mistress?" The android inquires.
"Nothing of your concern...just thinking about home," Celeste replies wistfully.
"Ah, I understand." She takes her hand off and is just about to walk away when a loud roar from outside can be heard. Celeste's gaze shifts to her window and she just manages to catch a glimpse of a bright blue streak falling toward the ground.
"The hell was that?!" Celeste exclaims.
"That is most definitely not a falling star..." Electrolyte replies matter-of-factly.
"Thank you, captain :red:ing obvious," Celeste replies in the most sarcastic tone she can muster. She pauses to think, then realizes something.
"That...that looked like an escape pod...the ones my people invented," she says, now very worried.
Their conversation is interrupted by the sound of the object crashing into the ground below.
"Shall we investigate the crash then, mistress?" Electrolyte asks.
"Yes, please. I want to know for sure," Celeste replies.

The two of them teleport to the surface. The object has crashed into a forest. Sodapop and Sprite have also rushed to the scene.
"Oh my god...it is..." Celeste said, even more worried now.
"What is it?" Sodapop inquires.
"It's an escape pod from my home planet," Celeste says. "I fear the worst, but let's open it. Whoever's in there probably needs help..."
Celeste runs down to the pod and presses the buttons on a keypad located on its hatch. Electrolyte then runs over and pulls the hatch off. Celeste gasps in horror. Inside is an android, part of its face missing, bullet and laser holes along its body.
"Holy :red:...what happened?!" Celeste shrieks.
Electrolyte runs a scan on the damaged android. "Heavy damage to hull and inconsequential but incapacitating damage otherwise. Should we try to fix this android?"
"Yes...we need to ask it questions," she replies, shuddering in fear.

After a night's work of repairing, Celeste and Electrolyte manage to fix the android. Celeste opens its back panel and switches it on. The android suddenly jolts up, letting out a short, panicked scream before realizing where it is.
"P-princess Celeste...I am RMG-718 Pandora. I'm afraid I have terrible news for you..."
"Pandora...I...I remember you, you were a member of the guard..." she says, even more worried.
"Princess Celeste...we have lost the war...the planet has been destroyed," Pandora replies, looking away in shame. Celeste gasps, then begins to cry.
"W...w-were there any survivors other than you?"
"Not that I know of," Pandora replies. "I may be the only one, and I'm afraid to say your parents are...are...dead..."
Celeste chokes, unsuccessfully trying to hold back her tears. Electrolyte puts a hand on her shoulder and hangs her head.
"I'm very sorry. I tried my best to protect them but they told me to go..." Pandora says.
"D...do you know what they'll do next?" Celeste says.
"Who?" Pandora replies.
"The enemy..."
"I've heard word that they're scouting other planets for any survivors that escaped. We must assume the worst..."
"Have you found out who they are yet?"
"Yes. They are the Lunar Army."

Back
Top Bottom