how can i avoid true eyes of cthulhu laser beam

praneka

Terrarian
hi im at the end of the game in expert mode as a mage but i keep getting killed by the true eyes of cthulhu or moon lord itself with his beam when im only focusing on the eyes

either:
1.the eyes ram into me and stun lock me or
2.all of them fire their laser in different directions making it impossible for me to dodge them as they cover all of the screen while im also getting attacked by phantasmal eyes too so i also get stunlocked

so is there a way for me to make the eyes predictable or make all of them fire their laser at the same direction so i dont have to spend hours getting a rod of discord to teleport out of their range?
here is my weapons, gear and accesories i mainly use betsys wrath and the nebula glove but even then i still die for the reasons i said above and i have the spectre hood in the vanity slot

Attachments

• 20220605183034_1.jpg
    20220605183034_1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 124
Ha- have you gotten through the entire game without knockback immunity?!
yes after doing a summoner playthrough i no longer feel the need to use any other shield except the shield of cthulhu and im only using it thanks to the high crit chance it has or else i would be using the master ninja gear instead, but my main problem is not the eyes ramming into me but the lasers they fire that cover the whole screen

I would say that knockback resistance is one of the most useful accessory effects in the game, especially considering that having your momentum reset in this fight pretty much spells death in capital letters. You're going to have to replace an accessory with a shield, I'd recommend frozen if you have it.

If you have beaten the Empress of light and have a pair of wings with hover capability, that can make the fight much easier, just remember to keep the main eye in view so you know when the deathray is coming, the lesser deathray can be outpaced with the soaring insignia and hovering most of the time.

I would say that knockback resistance is one of the most useful accessory effects in the game, especially considering that having your momentum reset in this fight pretty much spells death in capital letters. You're going to have to replace an accessory with a shield, I'd recommend frozen if you have it.

If you have beaten the Empress of light and have a pair of wings with hover capability, that can make the fight much easier, just remember to keep the main eye in view so you know when the deathray is coming, the lesser deathray can be outpaced with the soaring insignia and hovering most of the time.
knockback reduction isnt that worth it unless you are going tank. There is no need to not take knockback if you dodge the attack, you will still take the damage, and it provides no offensive or other supportive purposes for combat.

knockback reduction isnt that worth it unless you are going tank. There is no need to not take knockback if you dodge the attack, you will still take the damage, and it provides no offensive or other supportive purposes for combat.

Getting knocked into a deathray that wipes out half of your health or more by an attack that deals single-digit damage, or worse, straight up 1 damage, doesn't strike me as "not worth it"

but you will be doing mid damage, dragging the fight on. Besides, deathray will probably do 1 quarter of your health because the dmg will always be higher than the defense

Besides, deathray will probably do 1 quarter of your health because the dmg will always be higher than the defense

That's the point I'm trying to make, there is no situation where tanking either deathray is a good idea, and taking knockback in the middle of evasive maneuvers is bad. Sacrificing a bit of damage to not die seems like a good trade off. I've never gone DPs over defense for that exact reason.

Back
Top Bottom