How did you obtain your first keymold?

Which keymold did you obtain first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story actually. When the game updated adding this stuff I created a world, got to hard mode, and the first creature I kill dropped one. I had no idea just how rare it was at the time and I almost threw it away. Glad that didn't happen!

Do it. Its the easiest. Boost your crit as high as itll go. Takes roughly 10 minutes to kill one if you have a good setup. By that I mean an asphalt skybridge, armor for running speed, and a hoverboard helps a ton.

EDIT: Also a shield of some sort. Dont get bounced into him by one random slime....
Would I need teleporters? I could easily turn around like that, but it might screw it up.
EDIT: And frost armour + Flask of cursed flames + magma stone?

#1: Frozen
I was derping around in the underground snow hallow in early hardmode (something I shouldn't've done but did nonetheless,) when suddenly, bam. Frozen Key Mold from Illuminati Slime.
#2: Jungle
My friend and I beat the three hardmode bosses, and we had started exploring the underground HM jungle. One particular time however, I was down there alone, when suddenly one of the Moss Hornets dropped a Jungle Key Mold.
#3: Hallow
I was fighting the Frost Moon with my friend, when suddenly I found a Hallowed Key Mold lying on the floor with a bunch of other drops. Naturally, I picked it up.
#4: Corruption
I was trying to get the corruption mold for some time, and I created a world and made it 100% corrupt. Then, when I just started building a farm, I killed the first Eater to annoy me, and it dropped the Mold.
#5: Hallow
Random Pixie kill.
#6: Corruption
Random Clinger kill.
#7: Jungle
I think? I don't remember it very well.
#8: Corruption
Random Corruptor kill.
#9: Hallow
I was playing as Celeste, when the first Pixie I killed dropped the mold.

Would I need teleporters? I could easily turn around like that, but it might screw it up.
EDIT: And frost armour + Flask of cursed flames + magma stone?

He is immune to all debuffs as far as I am aware. Definitely cursed flames will not work. I know that one. Dont bother with debuffing him.

Any fast movement items or armor will help.

If you want to use a teleporter to warp out of the dungeon its a good plan. Guardian can spawn right in your way as you try to escape and end your trip real quick. You cant warp too far or he will despawn. Go ahead and try the teleporter though. I made a 2000- asphalt skybridge.

In short, dont bother with debuffs, make sure you can run fast, and dump the rest of your resources into crit.

I got all mine through sheer luck, except for the Ice mold, for which I created an ice biome around/on my Pumpkin moon arena (I almost never go to the Ice biome, except when I travel).

My first key/keymould was for the jungle chest. It makes sense that, since I had just defeated the Golem, I would hang out in the jungle, killing the golem and plantera as much as I could to see the various drops those bosses offered, so, having spent my first post-golem hours in the jungle, I of course got the jungle key first.

The first key/keymould I actively sought after was for the crimson chest. I set up a small trap house in the appropriate biome, turned on the (spiky ball) traps using a 1 second timer, turned off my monitor and went to sleep. The next morning there was a key under my trap house. I disassembled the trap house and moved it to other biomes until I had all of the keys, and since then I've seen youtube videos demonstrate even more effective methods for gathering keys.

When 1.2 came out I and a friend decided to do a playthrough (not a YouTube one :p) together. Within the first hour of Hardmode he found the Hallow Key. As for the one that I personally got first was the Crimson Key through an AFK Keyfarm. Yeah, both of these was in the "classic" 1.2.

I was going to the dungeon as I passed by the crimson. I killed some herplings over a cliff (they were below me) and then one dropped a key mold.

Three words:
goblin invasion FTW.

But really i some how got the hallowed key mold in a purity biome? Not quite sure how but im taking it :p

Just defeated plantera, then again, and again.
The first time I defeated her, I killed a tortoise and out popped a jungle key mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom