Resolved How do I get an enchanted sword in journey mode?

Random_RHINO

Terrarian
I've been playing on journey mode every day since the update came out, made multiple worlds and explored them a decent amount, and I can't find an enchanted sword shrine, is their any reason for this? does anyone have any advice besides digging around blindly?

Could try for some expert mode treasure bags, in Hope's of an arkalis(sp?) Or just keep making large worlds and look for the opening below a certain depth. If you have the drill containment unit... well, I guess you wouldn't need the enchanted sword in either case.

It's a pain to find them, ngl. It doesn't seem as guarenteed as the wiki makes them out to be for every single world (I play around with about a dozen worlds on mobile, only two of those seem to have an enchanted shrine that isn't completely obscured or non-existent.)

Sorry if that wasn't much help, but expert mode treasure bags for dev weapons is an option, if arkalis is what you're looking for.

Edit: forgot to mention the obvious, but in case you've never visited the wiki... you do need to look for a shaft leading a ways down from, what is supposed to be, relatively close to the surface level... but again, I've reached drill containment unit on Mobile, and I've only noticed like 2 out of 10+ worlds that actually have the shrine, for me.

One of those worlds MIGHT HAVE had a second shrine, but... again, unless someone confirms a better way to locate them from the surface, nothing short of terraforming a world is going to find a hidden one in my experience. Just imo tho.

Last edited:
I'm looking for the enchanted sword as I'm trying to make the zenith, thanks for the advice though

I'd say rip a large world asunder with a drill unit on the surface until you see that glorious natural shaft. Or closest equivalent drill obtained... other than that and what the wiki mentions, good luck sir/madam.

I honestly think that's one of the harder items to naturally find.

I've been playing on journey mode every day since the update came out, made multiple worlds and explored them a decent amount, and I can't find an enchanted sword shrine, is their any reason for this? does anyone have any advice besides digging around blindly?
Hi @Random_RHINO, in 1.4 the Enchanted Shrines are rarer, however it is a 100% chance to get an Enchanted Sword/Terragrim from one now (used to be 33% chance). The shrines may or may not have a one block vertical shaft above them.

Also, Enchanted Swords can be found in Gold and Titanium crates now.

If you wanna find an enchanted sword early-game, use jester arrows and explore the forest biomes that are near the dungeon/ocean. Fire the jester arrows into the ground, preferably from a higher point because the more travel time of the arrow somehow increases how much light it releases. Once you see a 1-block wide shaft, start diggin

Back
Top Bottom