Mobile How do i go back to 1.2 (iPad Mini 1)

Didnt they remove those with the update?

But my ipad does say there is 8.5 mb of data from terraria in the clouds does that match with 3 small worlds?
Didnt they remove those with the update?
Also ios 9.0 has no files app

<double posts merged by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean of your device.
If so, you can use iTunes on a computer to replace the files with the 1.2 version if you saved app data.

Also, I double checked. Don't uninstall. Ineligible devices will not be able to install the game anymore from the app store.

If you don't have a backup, do you have someone else you can copy the files from?

I mean of your device.
If so, you can use iTunes on a computer to replace the files with the 1.2 version if you saved app data.

Also, I double checked. Don't uninstall. Ineligible devices will not be able to install the game anymore from the app store.

If you don't have a backup, do you have someone else you can copy the files from?
I never sent my files to anyone. I did have 5 cloud back ups when backing up to cloud was a feature in 1.2

@Andrew jentrasa, try checking the App Store again, or your app library.

See if you have an 'update' option there. If so, you should see a prompt as pictured here. (disclaimer: I don't have an iOS device to check this myself).

Oh. I couldn't find anything online about it. I should've seen that there. I was trying to say about the idea where you get the older version from another's installation.

For me it says the update has happened but it didn't bring me back to 1.2. My device was incompatible . why did the update not bring me back?
I’m not sure why the update didn’t bring you back to 1.2 - but before going further it would be helpful if you could take a screenshot of what you see when you go to Terraria in the App Store.

I’m not sure why the update didn’t bring you back to 1.2 - but before going further it would be helpful if you could take a screenshot of what you see when you go to Terraria in the App Store.
20191011_162337.jpg
Screenshot_2019-10-15-13-26-51.png

Screenshot_2019-10-15-13-30-08~2.png

<double posts merged by moderator>

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-15-13-26-45.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-15-13-26-45.png
    762.5 KB · Views: 105
Hi Andrew, I’m confused. I thought you were trying to get your iPad Mini 1 back to Terraria 1.2. This looks like an Android device to me.

On your iPad Mini 1, what does it show you in the App Store for Terraria? It should look like this. And what does it say for Terraria in the updates?
CF2BA5D5-8A38-434D-99DB-F521F3915D90.jpeg

To take a screenshot on the iPad, press the power button and home button at the same time.

Hi Andrew, I’m confused. I thought you were trying to get your iPad Mini 1 back to Terraria 1.2. This looks like an Android device to me.

On your iPad Mini 1, what does it show you in the App Store for Terraria? It should look like this. And what does it say for Terraria in the updates?
View attachment 228560

To take a screenshot on the iPad, press the power button and home button at the same time.
I use my phone for forums

I use my phone for forums
I also dont know how to access my photo library when using this website

I also dont know how to access my photo library when using this website
So i cant really send a screenshot i send over from my ipad

So i took photos from my phone

So i took photos from my phone
I tried sending a video i recorded of me showing you the version and app store and me booting up terraria but it was to big to add

New video by Andrew Onagbesan heres the vid i figured it out

<all double posts merged by moderator>

I understand what you are talking about. I have an identical problem that made it so I could update the game to 1.3, but it crashed every time I tried to start the game after the update. As you can imagine, I have been looking into this a lot, and I will get back to you ASAP.

New video by Andrew Onagbesan heres the vid i figured it out
Thanks for the video Andrew. From it, I can see the info I was looking for - when you are in the App Store, you don't see an Update button, but rather you see an Open button. There's one more thing to check:
  1. Open App Store on the iPad Mini 1
  2. Tap Updates at the bottom
  3. Find Terraria in that list - does it have an Update button next to it.

I understand what you are talking about. I have an identical problem that made it so I could update the game to 1.3, but it crashed every time I tried to start the game after the update. As you can imagine, I have been looking into this a lot, and I will get back to you ASAP.
What device are you having the issue on, @Slaacker?

iPhone 5 and an old iPad, but I think the only way to be able to play terraria again is if you delete the app and reinstall. I lost my worlds but 1. I think there is a way around that and 2. I get to fight Ocram which I never got around to before 1.3.
This made it well worth it for me, as on a newer device I have killed all bosses including the 1.3 ones in normal and expert mode. 😂

The only way around this I believe is to upload the world file and re-download the file once you re-install the game , however I’m not sure if this is possible on mobile.

If it is, could someone tell me how to do so?

iPhone 5 and an old iPad, but I think the only way to be able to play terraria again is if you delete the app and reinstall. I lost my worlds but 1. I think there is a way around that and 2. I get to fight Ocram which I never got around to before 1.3.
This made it well worth it for me, as on a newer device I have killed all bosses including the 1.3 ones in normal and expert mode. 😂

The only way around this I believe is to upload the world file and re-download the file once you re-install the game , however I’m not sure if this is possible on mobile.

If you uninstalled the app without backing up the worlds, I'm afraid that your save data has been deleted.

Hi @Slaacker, I'm not sure if you are trying to give advice to Andrew, or if you are looking for advice for yourself.

When you ask, "If it [a way around "this"] is, could someone tell me how to do so?" are you asking about backing up a 1.3 world file, downgrading to 1.2, and then using that file? It's not possible. However, if you are asking about backing up a 1.3 world file, deleting then reinstalling the app at 1.3, then using that file - yes, you can do that. But only if you have iOS 11 which natively has the Files App. Without the Files App it's not possible, sadly.

Hi @Slaacker, I'm not sure if you are trying to give advice to Andrew, or if you are looking for advice for yourself.

When you ask, "If it [a way around "this"] is, could someone tell me how to do so?" are you asking about backing up a 1.3 world file, downgrading to 1.2, and then using that file? It's not possible. However, if you are asking about backing up a 1.3 world file, deleting then reinstalling the app at 1.3, then using that file - yes, you can do that. But only if you have iOS 11 which natively has the Files App. Without the Files App it's not possible, sadly.
Hey unit one i have a question. The issue i has is not just unique to me. My brother who has the same type of ipad also has the same problem. This seems more like a glitch in the update it self. Do you have a connection to the developer s?

Also ocram not worth it. All of his drops are craftable items. And hes really really annoying

<double post merged by moderator>

Back
Top Bottom