How do you build your NPC houses?

Thor

Terrarian
Do you build there houses to look nice/interesting or just so that it is good enough for them to move in?

Here is the design I usually go for;
IzHIu79.jpg

Just a big space in the middle for all my own stuff and NPC houses all round that.

i usually build my NPC house very beautifully and with a combination of 2 or more walls . and i usually like to stuff up the rooms :D
Terraria%202014-10-03%2015-41-24-844.jpg

I build them doorless. That takes care of about 95% of the issues a player may have with NPCs.

Also, I make the minimal required effort to adorn an NPC's room. They're not paying me any rent, so they can and will have to be happy with just a table and chair, and a torch.

Typically I like to theme them with fitting stuff.
For example, party girl NPC gets a disco/rave themed house, and the Demolitionist being a dwarf gets an underground-like type of house.
NPCs which don't have an specific theme (painter for example) just get certain styles, like pumpkin house, or glass house, etc.

Standard 10x6 houses usually, with a personal flair :p Ship in a Bottle for the Pirate, Crystal Ball for the Wizard, Mechanic-Goblin painting for the Mechanic (they usually live on the same floor), Cooking Pot for the Dryad ( :dryadmad: )

0a9fef0081.png

Horray for being lazy! (png captured on NTerraria. The carrot is the Realms Bunny. He temporary changes the world to be all crimson/corruption/hallow/etc)

Last edited:
Terraria_2014_09_29_02_17_27_09.jpg

I'm planning to build something like this on every new world of mine, but finding a spot for it is the tough part. When I can't find one, it's just a tower with 1 floor for every NPC, that is prone to wyvern attacks if I get too high though. So yeah, my designs are usually flawed but what can I say, I'm lazy.

Back
Top Bottom