How do you do your farming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redthezoroark

Terrarian
So, I would like to know how everybody else does their farming. Whether it's sitting in a bit surrounded by lava that burns the enemies but not the loot, using pirate maps, snow globes and whatnot to get those farming kills in, or whatever you do, I wanna know. Diagrams if you could, so others may be able to understand how they work, and maybe even improve on them. I will post my most efficient farming method here, as well. However, I am still not sure how mine works. However, the diagram is here:
Screenshot_6.png

I am still not sure how this works, but i theorize that you are giving a large off-camera space for hell monsters to spawn in, and therefore, they do. They seem to spawn in large numbers below you. You have to give a good bit of distance between yourself and your hell bridge, however. I recommend hanging in about the area where hell meets underworld, but this could differ, depending on your hell bridge. a good estimate would be about 45 blocks between your hanging position and the bridge below. Just hang in your shaft, and shoot down homing projectiles(I use the Razorblade typhoon, it works incredibly well), and let the kills rack up. If you want, you can replace the surrounding blocks with biome-related blocks, as i have, to farm for specific dungeon chest keys.
NOTE: This can be used for afk farming(if you have something to hold down left mouse), but is not suggested by me. The red devils will eventually mess you up. Thus, the star and heart statues are optional, but highly suggested. That being said, it can still be used as an afk farm, but should only be used in short increments(check on it every 5-10 minutes). This can not be used like normal afk farms, however, in that you have to be keeping the mouse button held down.
Now: this is how it ends up looking: Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_8.png(this is the loot count after about 2 minutes)
And this is the loot after about 9 minutes:Screenshot_9.png
Thank you for reading this far, if you have, and I hope to help others, as well as I hope to see other's farms, too!

H6tUU2S.png

Solves a lot of farming problems, that. You can even take a rest on the ledge on both sides as it will block spawn points completely. Never any worry from Red Devils while you are in the box, and imps die as soon as they spawn. You can use the design practically anywhere. The kill rate is absolutely stunning for common mobs.

My on-the-go farming is simply a Nimbus Rod and being high up.

Doesn't have to be the most efficient farm. Those farms can't come with you anywhere you go ;)

Well first I dig a little hole in the soil, then I put a seed in it, then water it with a hose.

But seriously I just dug a hole in the ground, made a box to stand in, then summon minions. Nothing fancy.

A nearby heart statue with a 1-second timer while in a box that's floating off the ground and also a water candle, equip the Scourge of the Corrupter, tape the use button on the remote down, check back every ten minutes.
Profit.
Just gotta make sure the tape doesn't ruin the button. Those were some darn expensive remotes. >_>

For hardmode boss farming I use this autofarm:

ObEiiaC.jpg

The farm features teleporter-based evasion and spear traps to kill any bosses I summon. Here's a sample video of the farm in action:

For regular mob farming, I tend to favor creating a flat surface and using dart trap batteries to sweep over that surface - this achieves very fast kill rates. I also like to use a minecart just below the surface to cart back and forth collecting all the drops. Here's an example of a chain of autofarms using this basic set-up:

Here's a pic of one of the farms in the video:

kESoCh1.jpg

This surface farm is for key molds, pirate maps, invasions and events, and a variety of other drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom