PC How many Old-gen console features can actually be put back?

krunkanader

The Destroyer
The excuse for many features not coming back is copyright.

How are orcas copyrighted? I'm sure there's more features that can legally come back like albino antlions and spectral gastopods

How are orcas copyrighted?
I mean, maybe nature doesn't want us cloning orcas specifically and would sue us for it?

I'm pretty sure at least the weapons would all be copyrighted (and as much as I love Sharanga on the wii u and 3ds... yeah it can stay behind, it's OP), and possibly some pets and normal enemies too.

Don’t think the devs will ever readd the cut content such a spectre armor, spectre arrows, tonbogiri and other content that was just laziness as it would kinda just be bloating the game with unneeded stuff.The zapinator is probably to be the only reference to old gen that re logic are ever gonna make.

The old-gen console versions were built on old code that is far from equivalent to the code the PC version uses. Only in the more recent versions regarding 'reunification' and eventual crossplay do they have more robust code that allows for streamlining the process. To be fair, the PC never got these items because the goal at the time was to make console content feel unique enough to warrant a purchase. But hey, sometimes things don't work as intended, and trying to keep relics of old things actually hampers progress. Not only that, but the resulting code and content update not just only makes for a beefier game as a whole, but a more demanding one, one that unfortunately outweighs the constraints of the target system.

Because the code is not exactly the same (where old-gen is concerned) it's not a simple copypasta as most people believe. And because it is console content, you most likely will never see it come to the PC since nowadays we have far, far more (and the devteams behind the console version believe having parity is better than just trying to keep old relics in place). What is being requested for PC ultimately lands in every other version, with some exceptions, so sadly, all of the old-gen console content is being relegated to where Ocram is living right now: the trash bin.

The excuse for many features not coming back is copyright.
I think this is a mistaken assumption. Redigit simply doesn't like the old-gen content that was developed by someone else, and doesn't want it in his game. He has said this frequently and consistently. He really doesn't need an 'excuse' to not put in content that he does not want. It's still his game, not a crowd-sourced popularity contest.

Perhaps you are thinking of Otherworld - there may be legal entanglements that would make releasing that in any form much more trouble than it would be worth (the OST being a notable exception to this).

Aye, we have that too. It's not 'original' according to the head honcho, so it's an instant veto. The code to make it happen, the imagery, and everything else, it's not by his hand. I added my perspective to why it's not happening, but the TL;DR aligns. So, fam, y'all gotta respect, no matter how painful it seems. It's Red's game, it's Red's rules.

I don't think red will ever add this stuff I just wanted to know what can be added back if anyone actually wanted to

Don’t think the devs will ever readd the cut content such a spectre armor, spectre arrows, tonbogiri and other content that was just laziness as it would kinda just be bloating the game with unneeded stuff.The zapinator is probably to be the only reference to old gen that re logic are ever gonna make.
Zapinator isn't even a reference to old gen console. The only remaining reference is Ocram's Razor.

Don’t think the devs will ever readd the cut content such a spectre armor, spectre arrows, tonbogiri and other content that was just laziness as it would kinda just be bloating the game with unneeded stuff.
I think a lot of them aren't re implemented because they are pretty bad
And because it is console content, you most likely will never see it come to the PC

Kid named Sotg April 2024

Back
Top Bottom