PC How much room for a room?

ValmontDraconus

Terrarian
Hello fellow Terrarians.

It's been awhile since I posted but I've recently been playing Terraria again and revived an old "project" of mine and lately I have been thinking about possibly opening things up a bit which has left me with what I feel is an important question.

"How much room for a room?"

Please bear with me while I explain this in detail.

Part of what makes Terraria so great is all the different types of items and things we an craft and build with. We all have different taste and as an example I might favor building in granite blocks while someone else might like marble.

Aside from the material and items used in the building of houses and rooms, we also might have different ideas of how much space in perfect per room. I myself try to favor 7Hx10L (Floor + ceiling + 5 open space in between X Walls + 8 spaces between)

So what I am wondering is if I open my game to friends and allow players their own space in that world to build their own room as they see fit, how much space would be sufficient to allow each player enough space to express themselves? I'm thinking that a 10H x 15L might be enough.

Opinions? Ideas?

You want to do some building contest on your server?
Wiki says there is a max size of 750 total. You can take this as upper border. But that could be a flat or a high flat. In 750x750 would fit both but that would waste a lot of space for most flats.
If they should go for the smallest room possible then 15L would be Ok. But if they should be creative and don't care about the size you should give them some more space.
E.g. look at some posts on reddit, most of the flats posted there need more space. If the flat has some roof on top that can quickly increase the size, 3 to the left, 3 to the right it's already 6 tiles more. Would go for 26-28 in length or 30 to have a round number. Height need to be increased at least by 2. Most common flat structure has a height of 12. +3 for char size = 15. Won't go lower than that.
If you look flat pictures again you can find also some which have a chimney on top of their roof. That can increase the size again. Some also build a little tower. Would go for 25-28 or if tower allowed 32.
But best check out other flats yourself an rate if some flat would be ok or not.

Besides the size also the furniture placement ins important. If you interested in building small flats you might be interested in some explanation how the game counts it.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ork-an-unrevealed-game-change-in-1-3-5.75980/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom