PC How to beat expert duke fishron with mage?

MidnightKingZX

Skeletron Prime
I need help to beat expert duke fishron. Im doing a mage play through. Videos will be helpful or you can just explain.
Also can someone tell me how to use spectre armor properly. I kinda suck at using it.
Thank you for all your help.
P.S. srry if i put this in the wrong thread.

A few tips.
  • Mana Flower is a no-no(Especially with spectre hood).
  • Stay in the ocean, Duke will get enraged if you get out.
  • Use Celestal Cuffs
  • Place a few heart statues and star statues here and there.
  • Mechanical cart is a good choice for the fight.
  • Use spectre hood if you want to go defense, mask if you want to go offensive.
That's all for now.

^
Try to make a big rollercoaster above the ocean and then spam the boss with a homing weapon (like Spectre Staff or Razorblade Typhoon if you get one from Fishron).

^
Try to make a big rollercoaster above the ocean and then spam the boss with a homing weapon (like Spectre Staff or Razorblade Typhoon if you get one from Fishron).
I am getting the feeling that this is his first time fighting Duke Fishron, so I highly doubt he has a RazorBlade Typhoon yet.

I am getting the feeling that this is his first time fighting Duke Fishron, so I highly doubt he has a RazorBlade Typhoon yet.

Then a Spectre Staff may be effective, but killing Ragged Casters is annoying IMO.

You could also use weapons that rain projectiles like the Blizzard or Meteor Staff, but I don't know if they would work. You could also try the Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows. They worked well, but it makes the battle a bit chaotic and you need to move your cursor all the way to actually hit him.

When I beat Duke Fishron on my mage, I found it nearly impossible without the Mana Flower and the Laser Machinegun. I used the Spectre Mask to rack up the damage; it was basically a DPS battle of who would kill who first. I flew above the ocean in a UFO mount, taking a run across the platform on the water when I needed to. This had some Campfires and Heart Lanterns of course. As long as I kept my distance, I was somewhat safe.
Of course, this was on normal mode. I'm also playing a mage through my Expert world, but I haven't gotten to Fishron yet. I would recommend the Bat Sceptor or Blizzard Staff as well, but the latter is much harder to obtain and much harder to aim. I'm probably not a good source of help here, but good luck anyway~

Make an asphalt completely flat stretch next to the ocean...with heart lamps and campfires placed throughout it along with a 3 heart statue 5 timer mechanism in the middle of it and use as many positive potions for your class you can think of...I found speed more significant than weapons however I would use endgame weapons as well. you could also put a small honey buff using bubble blocks and 1 block of honey somewhere though that will slow you down.

A few tips.
  • Mana Flower is a no-no(Especially with spectre hood).
  • Stay in the ocean, Duke will get enraged if you get out.
  • Use Celestal Cuffs
  • Place a few heart statues and star statues here and there.
  • Use spectre hood if you want to go defense, mask if you want to go offensive.
That's all for now.

^

Then a Spectre Staff may be effective, but killing Ragged Casters is annoying IMO.

You could also use weapons that rain projectiles like the Blizzard or Meteor Staff, but I don't know if they would work. You could also try the Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows. They worked well, but it makes the battle a bit chaotic and you need to move your cursor all the way to actually hit him.

When I beat Duke Fishron on my mage, I found it nearly impossible without the Mana Flower and the Laser Machinegun. I used the Spectre Mask to rack up the damage; it was basically a DPS battle of who would kill who first. I flew above the ocean in a UFO mount, taking a run across the platform on the water when I needed to. This had some Campfires and Heart Lanterns of course. As long as I kept my distance, I was somewhat safe.
Of course, this was on normal mode. I'm also playing a mage through my Expert world, but I haven't gotten to Fishron yet. I would recommend the Bat Sceptor or Blizzard Staff as well, but the latter is much harder to obtain and much harder to aim. I'm probably not a good source of help here, but good luck anyway~
thanks for all your help guys now my second question is how do i use spectre armor properly, just in general not against duke fishron. with the hood i suck i take more damage that heal and with the mask its aight. so is there some tecnique to use the hood right?

From what I read, if you use the Hood and hit the same enemy repeatedly, the healing orbs will start to weaken. Not exactly the best idea against some bosses. Considering the damage decrease, you may not want to use the Mana Flower in conjunction with it because then your damage will decrease even further.
This is also somewhat irrelevant, but an attack with the Mask must do at least 3 damage for a damage orb to appear, while an attack with the Hood must do at least 5 damage for the healing orb to appear.

Use the hood when you have a fast and strong weapon (like Razorblade Typhoon) which does high piercing damage. It will spawn a lot of healing orbs that will keep you alive. Otherwise it's better to use the mask, which increases magic DPS.

You could also make a kind of farm (mob generators) and use the Nimbus Rod to shower on the enemies. If the spawns would be fast enough, it would give you some extra health, but I don't know how effective it would be.

Use the hood when you have a fast and strong weapon (like Razorblade Typhoon) which does high piercing damage. It will spawn a lot of healing orbs that will keep you alive. Otherwise it's better to use the mask, which increases magic DPS.

You could also make a kind of farm (mob generators) and use the Nimbus Rod to shower on the enemies. If the spawns would be fast enough, it would give you some extra health, but I don't know how effective it would be.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a Razorblade Typhoon.
If he had already killed Duke in expert mode, why will he ask for help?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a Razorblade Typhoon.
If he had already killed Duke in expert mode, why will he ask for help?

It's an example of a fast and powerful weapon. There aren't a lot of them and that's what makes the hood less effective. He could try with the Spectre Staff, but I think it's much less effective than the Razorblade Typhoon if it goes with healing.

Back
Top Bottom