Other Literature How to Care for your Pocket Monster

ACK.

I know it is, this is just the one thing that I continue to do out of force of habit.
I'm probably one of the last people to give out grammatical advice since I routinely find myslef editing old posts due to horrendous mistakes. Also don't remember if I asked, would Bronzor be a possibility?

Last edited:
Another quality entry.
tumblr_m81zbb25QI1rtne4jo1_500.gif

あなたはマヨネーズのような香りがします。

In response to the title;

soap__large.jpg

photo3.jpg

That's how you take care of a pocket monster.*

*You boil it's fat to make soap and/or you eat it.

Solrock, Lunatone, Darkrai, Shuckle and Gardevoir are all up!

@Pixel, cause he wanted me to tag him. @TheQuietBisharp, cause he wanted me to tag him. @MournfulRelic, cause he/she wanted me to tag him/her.
I just love how you make Pokémon seem to fit in with our world. The fan favorites like Shuckle show in your writing, the creepiness of the Meteoroid duo shows in your writing (holy crap, blood? It's one of my favorite 'mons). Well done.

I just love how you make Pokémon seem to fit in with our world. The fan favorites like Shuckle show in your writing, the creepiness of the Meteoroid duo shows in your writing (holy crap, blood? It's one of my favorite 'mons). Well done.
Solrock just looks creepy. Its actually pretty harmless (unless forced to fight, like all Pokemon).
Lunatone is genuinely like a shark. Sharks are put into aquariums because they're fed often and don't need to hunt, but even so, people will still be terrified of them and you can never quite tell what they're thinking. I chose blood because sunlight makes sense for Solrock, as plants use sunlight to create energy, but no living thing uses moonlight as a food source, as it's simply too weak, and it's just reflected sunlight anyways. Lunatone also lacks a mouth, and so the only plausible answer would be that it absorbs some sort of liquid through it's skin. I chose blood because fruit juice didn't sound that good, certain plants are carnivorous and blood fit very well with Aztec and Mayan sacrifices.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. If I find time I may make my own version to show how I interpret the duo. They both seem as most sentient Psychic beings, to not require much sustenance. Maybe something about the moon's energy is all they need, something greater than animal's basic needs. If anything they can ingest rocks. Or something. Maybe they just absorb energy. I also would've used fiery aspects in Solrock somehow, but that's just my opinion as I've loved these two among my top Pokémon since I first found them. But I like your usage of them in foreign cultures, makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. If I find time I may make my own version to show how I interpret the duo. They both seem as most sentient Psychic beings, to not require much sustenance. Maybe something about the moon's energy is all they need, something greater than animal's basic needs. If anything they can ingest rocks. Or something. Maybe they just absorb energy. I also would've used fiery aspects in Solrock somehow, but that's just my opinion as I've loved these two among my top Pokémon since I first found them. But I like your usage of them in foreign cultures, makes a lot of sense.
Ah, that reminds me of something I forgot to add. Solrock is really hot to the touch, as it's stone edge will inflict burns.
Not as hot as fire, but certainly hot enough to cook upon. Both Pokemon also have some rough skin, like sandstone or pumice.

As for the psychic part, they're certainly psychic, but they mostly use it for levitation. As for their level of sentience, it's really hard to tell as they exhibit no emotions on their faces.

Oh, and I have a bit of a personal rule for these entries. No diet solely composed of rocks/metal, if it can be avoided. It's okay if they use it to strengthen themselves, but these things don't have any nutritional value. Living creatures wouldn't survive on them, and Pokemon that are completely inorganic wouldn't be digesting things in the first place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom