How To Detect A Sandstorm?

Mike21Daisu

Terrarian
I'm not always at the desert, so I'm not sure how to figure out whether there's a Sandstorm or not without actually being there and seeing it myself. Does anything happen anywhere other than desert when there is a Sandstorm happening?

Sadly, there isn't any way to detect a sandstorm, except been on the desert.

Hopefully that will be changed in the future, I know it's annoying when you want the forbidden armor set.

Sandstorms seem to be a map-wide flag like rain, so you may be able to keep an artificial desert biome near your base and see if the sandstorm event BGM plays while near it, then head to your actual desert to farm the event.

Don't quote me on that though, this is just conjecture from the times I've been near a small sand deposit underground and heard the sandstorm track playing.

You wouldn't hear the sandstorm track playing underground, as the sandstorm is a surface desert event and turns off once you hit the underground. That said it is true that all surface deserts share the sandstorm event. I haven't tested if sandstorm enemies will come for any size desert, Terraria is a little wonky when it comes to spawning based on where you are and where the enemy is to spawn from. Just look at the requirements for the Rainbow Slime.

Back
Top Bottom