tModLoader How to fix the tModLoader Memory Issue

ECloudy

Skeletron Prime
This issue has been fixed. If you are still experiencing these issues, this is not where you should ask for any advice.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A RELIABLE FIX!!!
This does not fix it permanently, as you have to manually do the following instructions every time. As far as I'm aware, it is impossible to completely fix it, unless you have a computer with a lot of memory. But the steps I will explain to you have always worked for me :dryadsmile:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
I see lots of people not knowing what to do when they get the issue, so I thought I'd put out this thread, just to help some people out.
View attachment 180304
Lots of people get this whilst trying to load up tModLoader and reloading mods :dryadsad:
So here's what works for me and what will probably work for you
1) Note down which mp3 file is failing to load, then just constantly click continue.
2) Enable all the mods which got auto disabled and exit Terraria.
3) Open File Explorer. Go to Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mods > Cache. There you should find mp3 files.
4) Delete the mp3 file which you noted down and load Terraria.
5) Once Terraria has loaded, it'll start reading and loading mods. At one point, it'll put back the mp3 file you noted down. Quickly delete that file by clicking it, then pressing CTRL and D.
6) Open Terraria window and it should have loaded without fail.
Strangely, when you get into the game the music is still able to play, even though it's not there. Weird.

If you have any more problems, please let me know!
Hope this helped :joy:

Last edited:
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A RELIABLE FIX!!!
This does not fix it permanently, as you have to manually do the following instructions every time. As far as I'm aware, it is impossible to completely fix it, unless you have a computer with a lot of memory. But the steps I will explain to you have always worked for me :dryadsmile:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
I see lots of people not knowing what to do when they get the issue, so I thought I'd put out this thread, just to help some people out.
View attachment 180304
Lots of people get this whilst trying to load up tModLoader and reloading mods :dryadsad:
So here's what works for me and what will probably work for you
1) Note down which mp3 file is failing to load, then just constantly click continue.
2) Enable all the mods which got auto disabled and exit Terraria.
3) Open File Explorer. Go to Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mods > Cache. There you should find mp3 files.
4) Delete the mp3 file which you noted down and load Terraria.
5) Once Terraria has loaded, it'll start reading and loading mods. At one point, it'll put back the mp3 file you noted down. Quickly delete that file by clicking it, then pressing CTRL and D.
6) Open Terraria window and it should have loaded without fail.
Strangely, when you get into the game the music is still able to play, even though it's not there. Weird.
If you didn't catch this, then I have a video here which you can watch which gives you a step by step tutorial

If you have any more problems, please let me know!
Hope this helped :joy:
Haven't tried this fix myself (since I have no problems), but it's always nice that someone takes the time and effort to try and help other people. Thanks!

I've been trying this for half an hour, and I think my computer might just be too slow for this. By the time the file appears in the folder, the mod associated with it is disabled immediately after. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I've been trying this for half an hour, and I think my computer might just be too slow for this. By the time the file appears in the folder, the mod associated with it is disabled immediately after. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
Try restarting your computer. You can also install a software which never lets a certain file reappear... I think...

My issue is that I can load everything fine after doing this, but now that every time I try to load a world, only one of mine work. All the other times my game crashes and I get this:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

Edit: I forgot to add this only started happening after I re-enabled the Spirit Mod.

Last edited:
My issue is that I can load everything fine after doing this, but now that every time I try to load a world, only one of mine work. All the other times my game crashes and I get this:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

Edit: I forgot to add this only started happening after I re-enabled the Spirit Mod.
Perhaps try to create another world with spirit enabled? It may be because the game is trying to register the reach biome but can't find it

Perhaps try to create another world with spirit enabled? It may be because the game is trying to register the reach biome but can't find it
I can't make a large world, but I can make the smaller ones. Le sigh, I've been having nothing but problems since I recently came back to Terraria. Last time I played was like back in April or May.

Edit: All of my worlds are large, yet I can only load one of them with Spirit Mod enabled, even though I made all of them with Spirit Mod installed (except for my new one), wtf?

I can't make a large world, but I can make the smaller ones. Le sigh, I've been having nothing but problems since I recently came back to Terraria. Last time I played was like back in April or May.

Edit: All of my worlds are large, yet I can only load one of them with Spirit Mod enabled, even though I made all of them with Spirit Mod installed (except for my new one), wtf?
100% a memory issue then. Delete a lot of useless stuff, then you should hopefully be sorted :dryadsmile:

When i try to load a world, it crashes to the desktop with this error screen. Can someone help me?

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky (12).png
    Snímka obrazovky (12).png
    666.2 KB · Views: 1,356
con overhaul tengo el problema que los item que se dropean y quedan en el suelo, al reiniciar el juego, siguen estando, por lo que al transcurrir el juego se satura de items y consume mucho mas memoria. como puedo hacer para que los items que se dropean desaparescan al reiniciar el juego?

mine say it not a valid win32 application
i did everything right
this doesnt make any sense, last month i still can use tmodloader
now it not work, WHY???

Back
Top Bottom