How to kill the destroyer

Electroman102

Duke Fishron
The destroyer is probably going to be the first boss you fight in hardmode. However, without the right gear and weapons, the destroyer can be a real pain to defeat. Because of this, I decided to make this guide.

Armor
Full Adamanite/Titanium Armor. Only use Orichalcum/Mythril armor if you are good at dodging.
Weapons
Nimbus rod
Fetid Baghnakhs (optional)
Any strong melee weapon (to kill the probes)
Daedalus Stormbow (optional, I didn’t use it)
Shadow flame bow (optional, I didn’t use it)
Dart rifle (optional, I didn’t use it)
Arena
A flat surface or a long platform around 100 blocks in the air
Dynamite (not recommended unless you are doing a speedrun)

During fight
Summon nimbus clouds in the path of the destroyer. Focus on dodging the destroyer and the lasers while killing the probes.

Thank you for reading my guide! Let me know if this works out for you!

Last edited:
Pretty much any strong weapon with piercing potential can take him down quickly. (Daedalus Stormbow, Shadowflame Bow, Golden Shower, etc.)
Don't forget that the minimap can be used to your advantage, so you can tell which angle he is attacking from so you can dodge accordingly(especially important on Expert!)

Also a note, not every world can have access to Fetid Baghnakhs or Orichalcum armor, so be sure to make your guide versatile enough so anyone can take note from it.

Huh, I just built a platform really high up, and he couldn't reach me, and I just rained down arrows from sharanga. (I play on mobile)

In my ranger playthrough, I have found that the Dart Rifle with Cursed Darts, can be a good way to take him down, as it inflicts a debuff, can kill the drones, and pierces in a way that can kill The Destroyer, and any other enemies! If you have a Corruption world, try it out! Seriously worth it (it’s dropped by Corruption Mimics by the way).

I’m new but I did just use a Daedalus Stormbow and some Holy Arrows. It took me only a few seconds to kill the Destoyer (on Normal). I know it’s cheesy but it’s a good way to farm Hallow Bars so that you can just mow through the other bosses.

Last edited:
From what I see, you must be on a Crimson world. For a Corruption world, use the clinger staff because it can hit multiple segments at once or a summon weapon because the destroyer has multiple segments so you can hit other segments that aren't being attacked by your summon.

Back
Top Bottom